News maligned Bulldogs half delivers:

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Kyle straightening up and running to the line to give outside backs room to move. He looks good, looks like he’s found some good head space, I’d love to see him have a crack with Burton, a half and a 5/8 and cook and 9 just love to see it at some point. Jmk played well but they are all makeshift positions, love to try that to see how it goes.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Overall the team's looking really promising with some quality 2nd phase play and Burton scheming away. But Avo's been really poor so far. Things seem to slow down and break down when he gets the ball. He looks indecisive most of the time. He might just be one decent game away from finding his feet but he can't be in FG much longer if he doesn't improve. Good to see the reserve halves showing some form.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bring wakeham in. Dump avo bazz !!

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the plan before the season began was to put Flanagan in at 7

They’ve had Jake in there to take the spotlight off Flanagan and let him gain some confidence

Gus is friends with Flanagan Snr, in fact I think they’re neighbours.

Flanagan is looking a lot better now from the highlights, I think he’ll be out 7 at some stage this year but they won’t bring him in too early.

That’ll solve the missing piece of a genuine halfback. He doesn’t even need to do a lot, just direct the side around, add another short kicking option in attack.

Wonder where Jake will end up playing.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wouldn’t mind flanno in the side, GIVEN he’s playing well. In saying that, don’t won’t him called up after one good game in reserves. It’s annoying as fuck given our upcoming games, but would do both us and himself some good to get a string of games in reserves with high confidence before coming back to fg.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets not get ahead of ourselves.
I saw good things from Wakeham there and he can also deliver in first grade.
Flanno can't. Our first grade team plays so differently to reserve grade that he hasn't got the time or space to play like that, and he cannot play flustered.

He is only decent if the team is on a roll.
Our first grade team is better in rolling forward this years than in previous 3 or 4 years, but im still not convinced Flanno is best for the halfback role.

It's Wakeham first and Avo 2nd for me.

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the plan before the season began was to put Flanagan in at 7

They’ve had Jake in there to take the spotlight off Flanagan and let him gain some confidence

Gus is friends with Flanagan Snr, in fact I think they’re neighbours.

Flanagan is looking a lot better now from the highlights, I think he’ll be out 7 at some stage this year but they won’t bring him in too early.

That’ll solve the missing piece of a genuine halfback. He doesn’t even need to do a lot, just direct the side around, add another short kicking option in attack.

Wonder where Jake will end up playing.
I would've done this myself, Kyle needs time to build up meanwhile the 1st grade team is gelling, he slips in and plays a simple role according to the tactics. I'd wait till the initial 'tough' games are over. Wakeham is decent, has been building plenty of experience too.

Throw any winger in or Naden, needs to be reliable, game smart, and light on feet. See JAC, he communicates and isn't the biggest winger but knew how to use the sideline as defence to gain us the ball, game smart.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would've done this myself, Kyle needs time to build up meanwhile the 1st grade team is gelling, he slips in and plays a simple role according to the tactics. I'd wait till the initial 'tough' games are over. Wakeham is decent, has been building plenty of experience too.

Throw any winger in or Naden, needs to be reliable, game smart, and light on feet. See JAC, he communicates and isn't the biggest winger but knew how to use the sideline as defence to gain us the ball, game smart.
And if Flanagan can play like he did at the roosters it’ll be enough, I know he wasn’t great there but that’s the style we need I think.

And he will just get better and better, he just needs to build up his confidence in the new side and first grade and build confidence and get use to taking the ball to the line and running the ball to keep defence guessing.

He’s got a lot of potential, I know a lot people don’t agree but when we signed him I thought he was a great buy because he’s got potential to be a really good half.