Russia vs Ukraine

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
U sure you on the right website? Most of us only go to Vaucluse to find a good ram raid car 8-)
Haha. I grew up in Condell Park and Revesby but went to High School over there because Mum wanted to move.. It's not as glamorous as it sounds... We lived in an apartment in Edgecliff. We couldn't afford anything in Vaucluse. It was a run down public school (they've since built apartments on the school and it doesn't exist anymore) and most kids that went there were working class and not rich at all. Especially lots of Ukrainian and Russian families that lived in apartments in the area.

If you can remember Heartbreak High, our school was a mix between that and Dangerous Minds. That's how ghetto our school was. We even had a shooting at our school.. The two public High schools in the area (Vaucluse and Dover Heights) were ghetto as and a million times different to the private schools in the area like Cranbrook, Scots, Waverly etc.

Last edited:

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a coup or an attempt on Putin's life soon.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only people who can stop this are the Russian people. Forget the west or whoever.

The Russian people need to rise up and those who aren't brainwashed (those living abroad) know this.

But those in Russia are mindless and I doubt have the capacity to make a stand.
anti-war demonstrations are happening in Russia --> Moscow, St Petersburg etc.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a coup or an attempt on Putin's life soon.
There'll be even more security around him now and he won't be exposed in the public for a while. They had years to take him and other dictators out.. It's not like no one saw this coming.. There are barely any assassinations of major leaders these days even though they're needed more than ever with so many facist leaders and dictatorships around the world.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know right.....
How the West react, could very well determine how it plays out.

And what's Putins ling term plan.
What else has he got in mind.
No one knows, but if I'm in Poland I'm very nervous
If they touch Poland it will definitely be a world war, Poland is NATO so it gives NATO and US no choice but to intervene

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only people who can stop this are the Russian people. Forget the west or whoever.

The Russian people need to rise up and those who aren't brainwashed (those living abroad) know this.

But those in Russia are mindless and I doubt have the capacity to make a stand.
Been protests in Russian cities already. Unfortunately lots of arrests. Forget carbon credits and green house, if you want to save the world it's about getting rid of these evil psychopaths who excel at making life miserable for others.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Been protests in Russian cities already. Unfortunately lots of arrests. Forget carbon credits and green house, if you want to save the world it's about getting rid of these evil psychopaths who excel at making life miserable for others.
I saw that. Massive protest. Like 200 people.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought it was telling when the press conference with the Russian Intelligence Chief happened and Putin berated him. Seemed like he didn't want to follow the script. I'm sure many others feel the same way but live in fear.
it's complicated... for example, Putin is far more popular than Gorbachev or Yeltsin are now... Gorbachev is seen as having sold off the country and Yeltsin as incapable of standing up to the West... I guess a lot of Russians see it as a choice between being liberal and democratic and weak vs authoritarian and strong

Last edited:

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As usual the U.S and the so called Allies only care about defending a country when it suits their financial interests. Their lack of action is pathetic, but not surprising at all.

I feel sorry for Ukrainians. I went to high school in Vaucluse with dozens of Russians and Ukrainians and know lots of people who have a lot of family over there.

I hope the West finally pull their finger out before Putin annexes a whole country and kills countless innocent people. Listening to this fuckwit threaten the world with a nuclear strike is sickening. They need to assasinate dictators like this when they have the chance.
I agree that many of the choices the west have made in terms of using military force have been blatantly self interested, Iraq being the latest large example of many examples.

But the risk of incredibly serious conflict including nukes is huge if the US enters the military conflict against Russia. This has been understood since the 50s, it is why the cold war never became hot.

Putin knows this, he is using it to his advantage. The reality is that if anyone is in a position to do something about Putin without substantial risk of massively devastating war, it is the Russian people.