Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
probably have to go back to late eighties, early nineties Serie A for a domestic comp that had so many top teams competing at the one time as the current EPL
Until about 2006 Serie A was the best league in the world.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Until about 2006 Serie A was the best league in the world.
agreed... from about the English European ban until the mid-noughties, Serie A ruled... but there was a collection of talent in the late eighties, early nineties in Maradona's Napoli, Sacchi's Milan, Inter with the three Germans, Mancini and Vialli's Sampdoria, Juventus etc. that was truly special... but today's EPL is moving into that territory

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
agreed... from about the English European ban until the mid-noughties, Serie A ruled... but there was a collection of talent in the late eighties, early nineties in Maradona's Napoli, Sacchi's Milan, Inter with the three Germans, Mancini and Vialli's Sampdoria, Juventus etc. that was truly special... but today's EPL is moving into that territory
Milan had 3 of the top 5 players in European Footballer of the year. Maradona carried Napoli to the only 2 titles in their history. Truly special teams.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Man Klopp annoys me with his use of subs. Leave Jota on and take off Salah or Mane.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Personally thought Jota should've been better. Which is funny tbh considering he scored 2 but felt he should've had a Hattrick well before being taken off.
He scored 2 goals. That’s more than good enough. Klopp needs to stop playing Salah and Mane 90 min every game when we’ve already win it. We have another 2 EPL games the next week.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The scary thing about that performance is that we really should be scored a few more. Looked so easy.

Allison did so bloody well tho. Some crucial saves.

Bring on the blueshite

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The new omicron variant will keep them in England . I can see that African cup being postponed again .
Not sure. We'll see but considering they've placed 6 African countries on the red list already that may be a possibility?

Hadn't thought of that personally?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Football is a weird game.

See anyone and everyone talking up Thiago's performance today. Did well for the goal but thought that first half especially his passing was horrendous? From memory he was the reason Allison had to rush off goal to save at a Saints players feet.

What do I know tho

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Didn't wake up for the game but woke up with my phone in my hand so idk must've turned my alarm off in my sleep lol. Just finished watching the game now, Sotom weren't great but VVD and Robbo looked more like there usual selves. Not sure why Klopp is subbing Jota on a hattrick and leaving Mo and Mane on...always does it and I will never understand it. Once we made our midfield subs we pretty much closed up shop, Milner and Ox offered no where near as much as Hendo and Thiago

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't wake up for the game but woke up with my phone in my hand so idk must've turned my alarm off in my sleep lol. Just finished watching the game now, Sotom weren't great but VVD and Robbo looked more like there usual selves. Not sure why Klopp is subbing Jota on a hattrick and leaving Mo and Mane on...always does it and I will never understand it. Once we made our midfield subs we pretty much closed up shop, Milner and Ox offered no where near as much as Hendo and Thiago
Ha. You and freak worrying about the subbing of players on hattricks. Never noticed myself personally. Maybe he wants others to score some and gain confidence. Who knows?

VVD and Robbo were very good. Saints till had their chances tho so plenty to improve on.

Remarkable the goal threat this team has tho. Easily could've had a min of 2 more