Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Here is my view on Vaughan, it's unsurprisingly pretty simple and noting he has admitted that;

He ignored a NSW Health public warning, enforceable by police. He knew full well that it applied to him and his team mates and he thought he could "get away with it". That makes him doubly stupid, firstly for ignoring it and secondly there was no way he was going to get away with it. Everyone in that neighbourhood knows who he is and a team load of NRL players arriving at his house isn't exactly discrete.

He disobeyed the NRL player bubble orders, same as above, he knew it applied to him and his team mates and he thought they would "get away with it". He did this knowing the consequences, it's not like there weren't recent precedents of how the NRL would react.

He disobeyed the St George team orders, the ones on the whiteboard that are explained to the players at every training session. Once again he knew they applied to him and his team mates and he thought they would all "get away with it" by some miracle.

He encouraged his team mates to ignore a NSW Health public warning, disobey the NRL teams bubble orders and disobey their own club's orders. As a result he and his teams mates have forked out over $300k in fines and penalties. Nice to expose your fellow players to that financial cost.

His previous indiscretion in attending a cafe despite the same 3 orders applying are painfully similar, he knows the rules but he simply ignores them, he thinks he is above the rules that apply to everyone else and that he will "get away with it" somehow. The sexting scandal in 2018 was "covered up" by St George at his behest and he repays them with being unbelievably naive, totally stupid and shows a total lack of experience, wisdom and judgement by this time dragging 12 of his team mates into another of his failures.

I would add, so many times we have seen clubs cover up and/or ignore player indiscretions only for them to go on and commit further, in the belief that whatever they do will be covered up again and again. StGeorge farked up by their first effort in helping him to avoid the consequences of his actions, when it would have proven much more beneficial to teach the idiot a lesson the first time.

Always a Bulldog
100% agree.. the fact is the club is in real need of Leadership and guidance that inspires positive action and a winning culture. Unlike previous posts on this thread of "we cant be too choosy" or "if he comes cheap lets take a punt on him". I think we should and most definitely want to be careful of who we bring here next year with the young pups we are grooming and a winning culture, now is not the time to sacrifice standards or excuse poor behaviour. We must change this mindset and realise the desire to get back on top as a program means we bring only guys in who meet the new standards and lead our club out of the cellar. They may well ask for a larger slice of the pie to come here granted.. However we cant sacrifice our current star juniors to go elsewhere or pay overs to get the right calibre of player every time. Its the harder road to begin with sure but the end results will be all the sweeter.
As I see it this guy doesnt fit the mold for this club at any price.
Move on to the next chapter and keep looking for the Leadership who is moreover a Prop or Hooker that we need.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wasn't Hadley's son a cop that couldn't that couldn't follow the rules, I bet he doesn't mention that from his soapbox, Fucking hypocritical big mouth

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
‘They were thrilled to farewell the bloke’: Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid
Hadley SLAMS Dogs interest in Vaughan

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
July 13th, 2021 9:27 pm

Ray Hadley has said the Bulldogs would be stupid to sign axed Dragons prop Paul Vaughan, claiming that St George Illawarra powerbrokers couldn’t wait to see him move on.

Vaughan was sacked by the Dragons last week after hosting a BBQ at his Shellharbour property in a direct breach of NSW Health guidelines and the NRL’s Covid-19 bubble.
The players involved were hit with big fines and suspensions, with Vaughan handed a $50,000 fine and an eight-game ban.

The Dragons then took the drastic step of ripping up Vaughan’s $800,000 contract.

Vaughan’s asking price would likely be reduced but Hadley said the Bulldogs, who have been linked to the Italian international, would be crazy to sign the sacked Dragons star.

“I thought Trent Barrett was getting rid of people who weren’t worthy of wearing the colours of the Bulldogs,” he told NRL360 on Fox League.

“I’d be astounded, absolutely astounded, if he signed Paul Vaughan.

“I’m not saying Vaughan won’t have a future somewhere, but the last thing Trent Barrett needs at a struggling club is to import another problem.

“He’s got enough problems he’s trying to get rid of at the end of the season without getting another one.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley added: “It’s (about) what you want to buy and want to bring into your club.

“Do they want to buy another excuse and to follow the lead of the Tigers?”

Hadley revealed that the Dragons board were fed up with Vaughan when they pulled the pin on his lucrative deal and said Vaughan wouldn’t help lift the Dogs out of the doldrums.

“There are a trifecta of offences here,” he added.

“I can tell you from speaking to members of the board they were thrilled to farewell the bloke.

“He’s been very hard to manage. I think if the Bulldogs look at it and the board at the Bulldogs look at it – and they’re in a deal of pain and need to sign some players – they need players who would bring a different culture to the club.

“I don’t think Paul would bring that culture unless he’s changed dramatically in the last week.”

Cause of the 800k. Hadley’s son is 50 tomes worse than Vaughn

Reactions: DT

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard this hot air bag say on 2GB during the break in response to many people saying get Alfie off, Why is Alfie on the field all the time.
He replied I hear this every year and people only say it because they know him. Other trainers are on the park just as much but you don’t recognise them.
What a Crock of Crap! Alfie’s in the attacking line, directing orders and has been doing so for over 20 years!
Hadley must have his eyes painted on!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just heard this hot air bag say on 2GB during the break in response to many people saying get Alfie off, Why is Alfie on the field all the time.
He replied I hear this every year and people only say it because they know him. Other trainers are on the park just as much but you don’t recognise them.
What a Crock of Crap! Alfie’s in the attacking line, directing orders and has been doing so for over 20 years!
Hadley must have his eyes painted on!
They even had JT directing from the sideline in his commentator's garb.

Reactions: DT

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do you care Mr. Imitation?
You seemed to have hit the Henny hard again recently - the NRL dream bubble hath burst? :-).
i, jjust saying i thought u is anglo and not half something else

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hadley's Gold standard Premier - Gladbags is the fool to blame for the lax attitude to the NSW "mockdown" not a group of footballers.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Obviously I'm Robinson Crusoe here and I'm not a fan of Hadley. But signing a shithead like Vaughan would seriously make me question continuing my 50 year support of the Dogs. I was fearful this might happen.
lol cuz cmon this is by far amongst the lower end of sackable offences
guy had a bbq with his teammates he sees daily
only an issue because of a fake virus illegal lockdown

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
lol cuz cmon this is by far amongst the lower end of sackable offences
guy had a bbq with his teammates he sees daily
only an issue because of a fake virus illegal lockdown
Where’s your proof of playing fraud
Don’t post again until you prove this liar

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
you add nothing to this forum by posting like this.
See my other comment i posted yo.
Where is your proof nuffy
Who is your coach as i know all of them lol
You are a fraud

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is your proof nuffy
Who is your coach as i know all of them lol
You are a fraud
oh so you know the gridiron scene now?
you show me your proof of your first grade career at parra and ill show you (further) proof of mine. deal?

btw im not obligated to divulge progress of my journey to the nrl. I do it because im very popular here and most of the kennel are behind me and wishing me to make it to help solve some our issues. They believe in me and know i have the footy smarts to steer our ship the right way.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
you show me your proof of your first grade career at parra and ill show you (further) proof of mine. deal?

btw im not obligated to divulge progress of my journey to the nrl. I do it because im very popular here and most of the kennel are behind me and wishing me to make it to help solve some our issues. They believe in me and know i have the footy smarts to steer our ship the right way.
Who is your coach fraud ****

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

T
Yot you are a joke on here hope you realise this
Too funny

Malla

Reaction score
Dragons sacked Vaughan because of his salary, not the indiscretions. If they were serious about that, they would have sacked McGuire, Norman, even DeBellin who should have been sacked years ago. Not saying what Vaughan did was inexcusable, but the media blowup that he organised it himself is absolute bullshit. The team all agreed and Vaughan just so happen to have it at his joint. That’s all.
And let’s not pretend we haven’t signed and kept players that have done worse. The rules and ‘laws’ that Vaughan breached did not exist a year ago so let’s pump the breaks a bit here lol.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Who is your coach fraud ****
Dragons sacked Vaughan because of his salary, not the indiscretions. If they were serious about that, they would have sacked McGuire, Norman, even DeBellin who should have been sacked years ago. Not saying what Vaughan did was inexcusable, but the media blowup that he organised it himself is absolute bullshit. The team all agreed and Vaughan just so happen to have it at his joint. That’s all.
And let’s not pretend we haven’t signed and kept players that have done worse. The rules and ‘laws’ that Vaughan breached did not exist a year ago so let’s pump the breaks a bit here lol.
word