Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like Paul Vaughans wife was so unsatisfied she had an affair with Matt Parish, and I don't recall any of Paul Vaughans kids getting caught with cocaine and pulling the mental health card.

People in glass houses Ray..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck off, leave us alone !! and if we sign him. and he kills it for us….. then with egg on your face have your say. TWATS.!!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
‘They were thrilled to farewell the bloke’: Hadley warns Bulldogs over ‘astounding’ Vaughan bid
Hadley SLAMS Dogs interest in Vaughan

Staff Writers from Fox Sports
July 13th, 2021 9:27 pm

Ray Hadley has said the Bulldogs would be stupid to sign axed Dragons prop Paul Vaughan, claiming that St George Illawarra powerbrokers couldn’t wait to see him move on.

Vaughan was sacked by the Dragons last week after hosting a BBQ at his Shellharbour property in a direct breach of NSW Health guidelines and the NRL’s Covid-19 bubble.
The players involved were hit with big fines and suspensions, with Vaughan handed a $50,000 fine and an eight-game ban.

The Dragons then took the drastic step of ripping up Vaughan’s $800,000 contract.

Vaughan’s asking price would likely be reduced but Hadley said the Bulldogs, who have been linked to the Italian international, would be crazy to sign the sacked Dragons star.

“I thought Trent Barrett was getting rid of people who weren’t worthy of wearing the colours of the Bulldogs,” he told NRL360 on Fox League.

“I’d be astounded, absolutely astounded, if he signed Paul Vaughan.

“I’m not saying Vaughan won’t have a future somewhere, but the last thing Trent Barrett needs at a struggling club is to import another problem.

“He’s got enough problems he’s trying to get rid of at the end of the season without getting another one.”

The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley added: “It’s (about) what you want to buy and want to bring into your club.

“Do they want to buy another excuse and to follow the lead of the Tigers?”

Hadley revealed that the Dragons board were fed up with Vaughan when they pulled the pin on his lucrative deal and said Vaughan wouldn’t help lift the Dogs out of the doldrums.

“There are a trifecta of offences here,” he added.

“I can tell you from speaking to members of the board they were thrilled to farewell the bloke.

“He’s been very hard to manage. I think if the Bulldogs look at it and the board at the Bulldogs look at it – and they’re in a deal of pain and need to sign some players – they need players who would bring a different culture to the club.

“I don’t think Paul would bring that culture unless he’s changed dramatically in the last week.”

Attention: Ray Hadley.

IF STUPID COULD FLY, YOU'D BE A FUCKING JUMBO JET, DICKHEAD!!!

JeffK

Up the Doggies
Reaction score
Obviously I'm Robinson Crusoe here and I'm not a fan of Hadley. But signing a shithead like Vaughan would seriously make me question continuing my 50 year support of the Dogs. I was fearful this might happen.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Here is my view on Vaughan, it's unsurprisingly pretty simple and noting he has admitted that;

He ignored a NSW Health public warning, enforceable by police. He knew full well that it applied to him and his team mates and he thought he could "get away with it". That makes him doubly stupid, firstly for ignoring it and secondly there was no way he was going to get away with it. Everyone in that neighbourhood knows who he is and a team load of NRL players arriving at his house isn't exactly discrete.

He disobeyed the NRL player bubble orders, same as above, he knew it applied to him and his team mates and he thought they would "get away with it". He did this knowing the consequences, it's not like there weren't recent precedents of how the NRL would react.

He disobeyed the St George team orders, the ones on the whiteboard that are explained to the players at every training session. Once again he knew they applied to him and his team mates and he thought they would all "get away with it" by some miracle.

He encouraged his team mates to ignore a NSW Health public warning, disobey the NRL teams bubble orders and disobey their own club's orders. As a result he and his teams mates have forked out over $300k in fines and penalties. Nice to expose your fellow players to that financial cost.

His previous indiscretion in attending a cafe despite the same 3 orders applying are painfully similar, he knows the rules but he simply ignores them, he thinks he is above the rules that apply to everyone else and that he will "get away with it" somehow. The sexting scandal in 2018 was "covered up" by St George at his behest and he repays them with being unbelievably naive, totally stupid and shows a total lack of experience, wisdom and judgement by this time dragging 12 of his team mates into another of his failures.

I would add, so many times we have seen clubs cover up and/or ignore player indiscretions only for them to go on and commit further, in the belief that whatever they do will be covered up again and again. StGeorge farked up by their first effort in helping him to avoid the consequences of his actions, when it would have proven much more beneficial to teach the idiot a lesson the first time.

Always a Bulldog

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously I'm Robinson Crusoe here and I'm not a fan of Hadley. But signing a shithead like Vaughan would seriously make me question continuing my 50 year support of the Dogs. I was fearful this might happen.
haha really? even considering everything we’ve had to deal with as supporters THIS would be the catalyst?

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s 2021 and somehow this dinosaur still gets to vomit up his opinion on tv every week I think dogs fans more than anyone know that signing up nice blokes has not exactly worked for the past 5 years it’s not like Vaughn is a serious bad boy just because you’re not a leader doesn’t mean you can’t help win games

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, who gives a flying fuck about what that cane toad masquerading as a man has to say

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Covid disobedience will blow over, Canterbury should be more concerned about his game statistics, is he a game breaker?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hi Jeff, I don't think its worth giving up on the Dogs, but I agree with your sentiment. Vaughn is clearly a dumb kaarnt and we currently have plenty of them at Belmore so we don't really need another.

If there was something special about him like, feared enforcer, great offload, massive post contact meters or defender that worries opposition then I could understand the commotion. But, he is just a reasonable prop. End of.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hadley should shut up, not saying we should sign Vaughan, but he should be the last person to comment about others. Get his family affairs in order before he speaks

Reactions: DT

Pholosopher

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who listens to imbeciles like Ray Hadlee and co with their bs propaganda other than Needle Mc Vax and those miserable people who get off on totalitarian enslavement

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What about cronk he was saying something along the lines would you want vaughan next to you in your team if you want to win a premiership, dont think the dogs anytime soon will be going near a premiership lol,

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was a done and dusted deal. Not so? Whatever, I still consider Finucane should be the target.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not like Paul Vaughans wife was so unsatisfied she had an affair with Matt Parish, and I don't recall any of Paul Vaughans kids getting caught with cocaine and pulling the mental health card.

People in glass houses Ray..
Watch out! If you're not careful, Hadley will out you on radio as a nasty enemy of the people spreading fake news.