Official Round 12 Bulldogs V Panthers - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 of the 4 reserves on extended bench are starting in NSW Cup earlier Saturday. Not suprised they got dropped either.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's that any different to Napa, Katoa, Elliott etc and their shocking efforts that lead to line breaks and tries over and over again?

If we're going off form, Renouf out performs almost everyone in the pack but Thompson and lately Ava and if we're basing it on defensive liabilities, there are worse culprits than him.. If it's based on him not re-signing, well most of the team won't be there next year either, including Napa and Katoa etc..

If he's dropped, so be it but Napa and Elliott are far bigger liabilities than Renouf and play with less effort than him.
I agree 100% re, Elliot in particular. I wish he'd get dropped. But I suppose we need to field a team and we have jack shit to choose from

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree 100% re, Elliot in particular. I wish he'd get dropped. But I suppose we need to field a team and we have jack shit to choose from
Renouf has never wanted to play frontrow and much prefers edge. Barrett could have given Elliott to Potter. Problem solved :grinning:

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll say it again. There are nude photos of Baz which Idiot took. Baz doesn't want them in the media so Idiot starts every game even though each week he gives away crucial penalties and misses critical tackles that cost us the game. It's the only way this retarded team list decision is justified.....

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'll say it again. There are nude photos of Baz which Idiot took. Baz doesn't want them in the media so Idiot starts every game even though each week he gives away crucial penalties and misses critical tackles that cost us the game. It's the only way this retarded team list decision is justified.....
Hey @MariaZ it got me thinkin'....depending on how much Adam wants for them....wanna join in and buy some pictures :grinning:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They could be giving Atoni a run in reggies to build his match fitness up again as he has looked sluggish and hasn’t had that much game time.
Agree. I remember a few years ago he was an absolute standout when we won the Canterbury Cup. He was like a man against boys and had huge expectations of him.

While he hasn’t fulfilled those expectations as it’s a huge jump up to first grade, he’s more than held his own in a team that has lacked a lot of depth, especially in the forwards.

Love to see him regain that form from a few years back for Mounties and come back fit and fresh for our next game after the bye in 2 weeks against the Dragons at home. That I hope is the turning point of our season, which is no doubt gone but no way do we want the spoon.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not going to be so bold to say we can cause an upset but I do feel we’ll lift and Panthers might feel they just have to go through the motions to rack up a cricket score. Hopefully we can finish within 10 to 14 of them, which I think we can.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not going to be so bold to say we can cause an upset but I do feel we’ll lift and Panthers might feel they just have to go through the motions to rack up a cricket score. Hopefully we can finish within 10 to 14 of them, which I think we can.
Maybe. Or maybe Cleary might get them extra revved up since we’ve pinched 3 of their players and his attacking coach, and all the Burton media drama

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got no problem with Renouf getting dropped he has been super lazy in defence lately.
I like Atoni a lot & can see the upside in persisting with him, but if you can (or if anyone can post the vision) please go back to the Titans last try in the first half and watch the ZERO effort he put in to get back on side when the Titans made that break down their left side...... that chase was unacceptable & not first grade standard.
So before I get hammered for calling him out, go check out the vision first & then judge - if I wasn't a Dogs supporter I would have laughed, instead I cried.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Count me in! Lol ... and if his negotiations skills are at the same level of his footy skills we should be able to buy the pics for next to nothing!
Haha so true :grinning:

Malla

Reaction score
How's that any different to Napa, Katoa, Elliott etc and their shocking efforts that lead to line breaks and tries over and over again?

If we're going off form, Renouf out performs almost everyone in the pack but Thompson and lately Ava and if we're basing it on defensive liabilities, there are worse culprits than him.. If it's based on him not re-signing, well most of the team won't be there next year either, including Napa and Katoa etc..

If he's dropped, so be it but Napa and Elliott are far bigger liabilities than Renouf and play with less effort than him.
This

Atoni may have been lazy, but Napa has been lazy for 2 years straight. Elliot might not be lazy but hes fucking stupid. Katoa bucket ass is lazy and stupid.

Honestly Elliot does not deserve to play first grade.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I like Atoni a lot & can see the upside in persisting with him, but if you can (or if anyone can post the vision) please go back to the Titans last try in the first half and watch the ZERO effort he put in to get back on side when the Titans made that break down their left side...... that chase was unacceptable & not first grade standard.
So before I get hammered for calling him out, go check out the vision first & then judge - if I wasn't a Dogs supporter I would have laughed, instead I cried.
Thing is no one is disputing the poor performances....it's just that the percentage of mistakes and poor efforts are way less with Renouf than with Waddle, Elliott, Katoa, Smith, Napa.

Renouf is a junior (in our system). One of our own.

A player of this promise, and calibre, must be lifted up and given all the encouragement and tools available to the club. He has been stuffed around for years and had opportunities on stop/start with lack of minutes.

It seems this club, once you are "deemed" lazy, or not coach's pet, or don't suck up, then you get left to your own devices, with no mentoring and this affects confidence and mental attitudes. This never used to be the case with our club. We used to develop talent. How many times has this poor coaching happened in our recent past? Lots!

We thought a new young, capable coach would bond with these types of players.

Renouf is obviously a confidence player. We have all seen his potential. Seen it for 7 years but the club and the poor coaching have frittered away his development.

If he fails, our club fails.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thing is no one is disputing the poor performances....it's just that the percentage of mistakes and poor efforts are way less with Renouf than with Waddle, Elliott, Katoa, Smith, Napa.

Renouf is a junior (in our system). One of our own.

A player of this promise, and calibre, must be lifted up and given all the encouragement and tools available to the club. He has been stuffed around for years and had opportunities on stop/start with lack of minutes.

It seems this club, once you are "deemed" lazy, or not coach's pet, or don't suck up, then you get left to your own devices, with no mentoring and this affects confidence and mental attitudes. This never used to be the case with our club. We used to develop talent. How many times has this poor coaching happened in our recent past? Lots!

We thought a new young, capable coach would bond with these types of players.

Renouf is obviously a confidence player. We have all seen his potential. Seen it for 7 years but the club and the poor coaching have frittered away his development.

If he fails, our club fails.
I definitely agree with your line of thinking. The only way to get out of this hole is to have a decent mix of players who have made their debut at our club. They dont necessarily have to be "local juniors" but they definitely need to have made their debut for us.

Its these type of players that you get for a few years at unders and are more likely to stay for less. Have a look at Brimson at the titans. Just signed a 5 year deal for $3 mill. Thats well below market value.

As for Renouf all I can say is that we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. He might not be putting in at training