Round 3 Bulldogs V Broncos - Team Lists and Discussion Thread

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think they should practice field goals..especially at the 2 point distance..AND at every chance they get..they should take one.. Because that is the only way the Doggies are going to score without a penalty!!

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really lack a forward to lead off our sets
Our back 3 don’t offer anything at the start of sets (don’t get me wrong Meaney played well today)
We don’t have big 110kg wingers who can lead our sets off and get a ‘roll on’ we then don’t have a big prop forward who can then run off the back fence and make more yards or crash through the defence when we need it.
We have missed this since Kasiano (Klemmer did it once against the storm)
James Graham and Tolman couldn’t lead off sets and we had smaller wingers
Look at every other side they have ‘big bodies’ at the back that will take the tough hit ups or a forward who can crash though
Thompson has ok footwork but he won’t lead off sets and get us the roll on we need
We need to make Ogden or Atoni to be that bloke who ‘runs off the back fence’
I was hoping Hetherington would be one but he doesn’t seem to do it also, I hate these cross field runs to offload into a forward who get dominated!
Okonbur was a bit of a bandaid fix but this what really we lack as with the mobile back rowers we have who burn petrol in defence our sets are awful we never gain over 50m in a set then put in a ‘safe’ kick

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dunno where Tbaz goes from here? Does he blow it all up and make changes with the team and game plan or does just have supreme confidence that it’s eventually going to click?

I guess we only see half the story without being at training every day but the last two games would have to be a huge concern to him.
It won't click next Friday.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And that's what I was worried about if he came to the Dogs. I thought we needed an experienced coach & this may have been a bit of a stretch for Trent.
I didn't initially like the signing of Barrett because I remember what a sh*t show it became at the Sea Eagles when he was there and I thought it petty and lame of him to claim some credit for their good form after his departure

but he seemed to get a lot right when he started with us and in particular, recruitment... we needed players in the spine and he got Flanagan this year and Burton for 2022... Cotric, Allen, Addo-Carr etc.

and so, I gave him the benefit of the doubt

there are still plenty of issues with the squad from Hasler and Pay eras but Barrett cannot say he has not had a significant input in the squad that has been assembled for 2021 and it cannot even compete

and for a lot in blue and white, coach included, their careers are on the line now

dogluvver

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bloody hell, I’ve been hearing that for 3yrs. It can’t possibly get too much worse. We’re almost to the stage now where it would be better to just forfeit each game
Yes save our for & against.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I feel so deflated right now. We invest our hearts, time, money into this team and it's just the same old story with the same old issues with very little to no improvement when you look at the picture. Yes the boardroom and sponsors are seemingly stable atm but man, the team have me throwing my hands in the air in surrender.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The past few years of complete shit have actually made this loss easier to take. This is the best I can now expect as a fan, but I will not renew my membership next year.

That's it for me. They can go to hell.
Things are worst than I thought. I don't think I've ever seen you swear on here before! This game panned out exactly as I told my bronco loving brother it would. Dogs won't score and brisbane will get 3 or 4 tries. Souffs might score a century next week.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was out at game. Holy Fuck Hoppa was bad. Cotric struggled all night and Allen tried hard but has proven once again that we pulled the trigger too early when it comes to recruitment. To round out a horrible night doesn't look like Pikura is coming nor Staggs so .... in summary .... we are fucked.