Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not speaking as a mod. I'm speaking as myself. It wasn't a discussion. You accused me of supporting anti-white racism which I take as highly offensive considering the work I do to combat racism for all people.

You got offended by the redneck remark. I pointed out that I didn't think the term was racist but also pointed out that Jackson stopped using the term after you said you were offended.

When Natboy reminded me I went back and deleted the offence. If you find it offensive then it is. Pure and simple. Yet after doing that you're still accusing me of racism. If you're going to call me racist then I have no time for you.
Its not a racist term nor was it intended in a racist term. The intention/context was to point at a group of people traditionally known for bigotry and use that as a descriptive term.

The key aspect in the definition of that word relates to a "political expression" and NOT a whole population

However what we're ironically seeing here, is the push for "cancel culture". I say ironically due to the narrative of when it is used and by whom, when it seems to be that narrative is quite reversed here.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not speaking as a mod. I'm speaking as myself. It wasn't a discussion. You accused me of supporting anti-white racism which I take as highly offensive considering the work I do to combat racism for all people.

You got offended by the redneck remark. I pointed out that I didn't think the term was racist but also pointed out that Jackson stopped using the term after you said you were offended.

When Natboy reminded me I went back and deleted the offence. If you find it offensive then it is. Pure and simple. Yet after doing that you're still accusing me of racism. If you're going to call me racist then I have no time for you.
Ill tell you what, you dont like being accused of being racist,
Im sure you wouldnt like be called a bigot.
Im sure you wouldnt like be accussed of any label.

Neither does anyone else.

Thats the point im making.

Hit hard didnt it mate.

Remember that next time you or anyone else does the same when differing opinions are being discussed.

Dont just side with your lefty buddys.

Have an open mind and be a little more fair minded in that regard.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So it’s ok to make a racist remark just as long as you stop using it when someone is offended by it?
No. If it was known to be racist then it's not OK. I don't think Jackson thought of it as racist and Jackson hinted that he didn't think of it as racist.

If he did then it's immediately deleted and he gets a temporary ban.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Its not a racist term nor was it intended in a racist term. The intention/context was to point at a group of people traditionally known for bigotry and use that as a descriptive term.

The key aspect in the definition of that word relates to a "political expression" and NOT a whole population

However what we're ironically seeing here, is the push for "cancel culture". I say ironically due to the narrative of when it is used and by whom, when it seems to be that narrative is quite reversed here.
It is a racist term
And yes you used it deliberatly to insult and offend.

Own it.
And appologise for it.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill tell you what, you dont like being accused of being racist,
Im sure you wouldnt like be called a bigot.
Im sure you wouldnt like be accussed of any label.

Neither does anyone else.

Thats the point im making.

Hit hard didnt it mate.

Remember that next time you or anyone else does the same when differing opinions are being discussed.

Dont just side with your lefty buddys.

Have an open mind and be a little more fair minded in that regard.
I... Never... Called... You... Racist

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No. If it was known to be racist then it's not OK. I don't think Jackson thought of it as racist and Jackson hinted that he didn't think of it as racist.

If he calls me a redneck again, or any other degrading offensive term i expect fair action will be taken

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Can you please explain to him its racist.
He seems to think its still not racist.
I get the feeling he doesnt care.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Pls he’s called me a white supremeist before, hello!!!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It is a racist term
And yes you used it deliberatly to insult and offend.

Own it.
And appologise for it.
Not a racist term. I didn't bother explaining it to you then as I know this is the line you and your mates are going to go down. However I did change the expression to "bigot" and gave an example of how that bigotry was displayed.

In regards to apologising, here i am speaking in a normal manner, however dont you think its kind of ironic that all these supposed things I've been accused of we are now seeing that behaviour elsewhere.

Its also kind of ironic that I get falsely accused of hatred of Australia, without a shred of evidence, and I should be the one apologising?

Good day to you and your mates, the intention of these discussions is pretty clear and I will not be partaking with it anymore

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Redneck is now considered racist on here because people on here consider its racist and that's all that counts. So anyone using it who sees this post will be aware that it's considered racist and I'm sure the mods and admins will deal with it the same way they deal with any racism.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pls he’s called me a white supremeist before, hello!!!
Me too.
I find that term highly offensive also.
Anyone who disagrees with his far left agenda is labled all those highly degrading and offensive terms.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a racist term. I didn't bother explaining it to you then as I know this is the line you and your mates are going to go down. However I did change the expression to "bigot" and gave an example of how that bigotry was displayed.

In regards to apologising, here i am speaking in a normal manner, however dont you think its kind of ironic that all these supposed things I've been accused of we are now seeing that behaviour elsewhere.

Its also kind of ironic that I get falsely accused of hatred of Australia, without a shred of evidence, and I should be the one apologising?

Good day to you and your mates, the intention of these discussions is pretty clear and I will not be partaking with it anymore

Its racist mate.
Now please refrain from any future racist insults from now on.

Redneck is now considered racist on here because people on here consider its racist and that's all that counts. So anyone using it who sees this post will be aware that it's considered racist and I'm sure the mods and admins will deal with it the same way they deal with any racism.
Finally....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If he calls me a redneck again, or any other degrading offensive term i expect fair action will be taken
Yep. If you take offence to something and report it then it will be dealt with.

I should point out that someone did report the Redneck comment and the admins and mods are discussing it (I'm generally staying out of decision making because I'm involved so it could insinuate bias). But for full transparency, as Jackson didn't mean it to be racist then it's just s derogatory term. And as several people threw around derogatory terms at the time then it's generally an everyone or no one approach.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I should point out that someone did report the Redneck comment and the admins and mods are discussing it (I'm generally staying out of decision making because I'm involved so it could insinuate bias). But for full transparency, as Jackson didn't mean it to be racist then it's just s derogatory term. And as several people threw around derogatory terms at the time then it's generally an everyone or no one approach.
All im asking for is a platform where discusions can be had without false acusations of a persons charactor just because of differing views.

Can that please be encouraged

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So racist remarks are a NO NO

Remarks against someones sexuality a NO NO

What about remarks about someones profession???

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Someone who acts as if they are the smartest person in the world and calls well educated people a peanut brain, moron etc didn’t realise that term was racist? I find that very hard to believe but I’m happy with your future stance.
I’ll also claim ignorance if I say anything offensive in future

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Covid is taking a mental toll on people... just look at the infighting on the Kennel

Status
Not open for further replies.