Official Corey Allan signs 3 year deal with Bulldogs

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny forum, Barely missed the wooden spoon last year the cows saved us make afew signings with the key ones being for 2022 and people on here are like oh no dont want a player thats already played origin at 22, Our backline has been trash people.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
From my side it's nothing about him, but more about Averillo. Where do they plan to play him then? At 5/8? OK. That's for a year, though apparently we're still going hard for Burton at 5/8 for this year. That's my only 'concern' in all of this in what we're going to do with Av.

Otherwise seems like a very very smart signing. No?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We can make the 8 this year. By finals time our team should look like:

01. Corey Allan
02. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
03. Will Hopoate
04. Nick Cotric
05. Jayden Okunbor/Nick Meaney/Aaron Schoupp
06. Jake Averillo
07. Kyle Flanagan (k)
08. Ofahiki Ogden
09. Sione Katoa
10. Jack Hetherington
11. Corey Waddell
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Josh Jackson (c)

14. Jeremy Marshall-King/Brandon Wakeham/Jackson Topine
15. Adam Elliott
16. Renouf Atoni
17. Luke Thompson

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my side it's nothing about him, but more about Averillo. Where do they plan to play him then? At 5/8? OK. That's for a year, though apparently we're still going hard for Burton at 5/8 for this year. That's my only 'concern' in all of this in what we're going to do with Av.

Otherwise seems like a very very smart signing. No?
I think he’ll replace hoppa next season after his contract runs out

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Well if we aren't getting Burton or ADO ealry then that money needs to be spent so we cover the 95% salary cap rule. It was either get someone with potential or pay overs to some plodder we still have or buy another one and take a step back. Who know's but that $$$ needs to be allocated.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think he’ll replace hoppa next season after his contract runs out
At centre? Thought he was pretty ordinary at centre this year?

This is my only sticking point. Where the fuck they see Av in the team as he needs to be given the chance to shine. If it's at centre, then GREAT! I just haven't heard many people saying he'll be good there and he really didn't set the world on fire there last season.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Apparently reported on tigers website we're still going hard for momirovski aswell
Happy with that. For sure. Really improving our depth in key positions imo.

Of course. We all want Burton to come early, and also a hooker but ... patience is the key I guess?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

This is my only sticking point. Where the fuck they see Av in the team as he needs to be given the chance to shine. If it's at centre, then GREAT! I just haven't heard many people saying he'll be good there and he really didn't set the world on fire there last season.
Averillo is a shit centre

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Tend to agree I don’t think centre is necessarily his best position but I am putting all trust in the coaching staff that by signing these blokes in key spots they have a plan for avo as I’d hate to see him go

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tend to agree I don’t think centre is necessarily his best position but I am putting all trust in the coaching staff that by signing these blokes in key spots they have a plan for avo as I’d hate to see him go
It's always good to have competition, and foolish to put all your faith in a youngster. So I don't think Allen is a bad signing no matter what. Just would be interested in seeing where they put Av. Nice position to be in though!

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny forum, Barely missed the wooden spoon last year the cows saved us make afew signings with the key ones being for 2022 and people on here are like oh no dont want a player thats already played origin at 22, Our backline has been trash people.
This is guy is already better than Montoya, Holland and Crichton. With Crichton and Okunbor out for majority of the season this is a good signing. I forgot we also released Smith so we are paper thin in the backs.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That's what I thought? And I'm not trying to be smart about this, but I'd really like to understand where people see Av?

Or as I think @Spoonman84 said? Maybe Av really hasn't shown up in preseason? Failed to impress?
He's a 6 or 1. Let him play 6 in 2021 then when Matt Burton joins it's a competition between Averillo and Allan for the 1.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Because there's a thing called salary cap and it was originally reported he was chasing around 600k...not worth anywhere near that so hopefully that isn't what we're paying. Solid fullback, average winger, possibly a good centre? He's basically a slightly faster more agile Hoppa.