Brandon Smith contract news: Storm grants star early release

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s the games worst kept secret. He’ll be a Bulldog in 2022 and you can take that to the bank. He’s been to the club and is the perfect fit for us as we desperately need a quality hooker and one player who is a throwback to our glory days. Will be a serious premiership contender in 2022/23. Next year is a major step forward and I’ll be happy if we can make the 8 and ecstatic if we push for a top 4 spot but feel that’s a very big ask considering how many new players we’ll have onboard next season. Napa is in the final year of his contract next year and to be honest should never have been signed but can’t blame the current regime as he and Foran were purchased by the previous board. I just hope we retain JMK as he’s been very good for us and can play many positions not just hooker. He’s a great utility for any club.
Napa was signed by the current regime woods was signed by the last board along with Foran

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep he has hardly played a game at hooker. The few games he has played have been good but I doubt he has the smarts to be elite.

He is a lock forward
I'll never forget his man of the match performance in the Indigenous All stars match representing the Maoris.
He killed it at hooker, especially with his running game.
The man can play 9.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
^just guessing.

mths more I think about it, I think the more it comes down to what we get him for.
For 500k a year fuck why not. Won’t break the bank.

for 700~ helll no yo.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is the signing to take us to the next level, with Smith we will have an almost complete line up and would fill our biggest hole with the best player on the market. I'd give up any player/s they'd want and through in money compensation too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe taupau offered from manly?
I can’t see Manly being able to compete with the money side of things with the big dollars invested in the Turbos and DCE. The Dogs of Tigers would be able to blow them out of the water.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It’s the games worst kept secret. He’ll be a Bulldog in 2022 and you can take that to the bank. He’s been to the club and is the perfect fit for us as we desperately need a quality hooker and one player who is a throwback to our glory days. Will be a serious premiership contender in 2022/23. Next year is a major step forward and I’ll be happy if we can make the 8 and ecstatic if we push for a top 4 spot but feel that’s a very big ask considering how many new players we’ll have onboard next season. Napa is in the final year of his contract next year and to be honest should never have been signed but can’t blame the current regime as he and Foran were purchased by the previous board. I just hope we retain JMK as he’s been very good for us and can play many positions not just hooker. He’s a great utility for any club.
Talking about winning comps and you're concerned about keeping JMK lol.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thats very generous of the Storm contacting other clubs..

Brandon Smith would be a big upgrade on JMK..

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There has to be a reason as to why we let Reimis go early. Maybe this is it

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was reported the Sharks,would offer Aron woods,to the storm,on SEN radio over the weekend,forget Napa who has he represented the Cook Islands?

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His Player agent is Stan Martin. Never heard of him. He's a kiwi. Hopefully that ex NZ Steve Hansen weaves he's magic.

fro

Waterboy
Reaction score
It was reported the Sharks,would offer Aron woods,to the storm,on SEN radio over the weekend,forget Napa who has he represented the Cook Islands?
The storm would not be that stupid Woods is a cat who turns his back before the line without an offload

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
He’s a big upgrade on JMK. This guy is a goer! I would even buy him as a lock forward. I reckon its us or Manly. Surely the lure of working with Steve Hansen has to be playing on his mind. Maoris love their AB’s ...

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Have said it before he would be a great fit at the dogs, isn't the messiah Harry Grant would be but is very good, tough as fuck and perhaps the best available plan B option..as long as we dont go stupid on the $$$ offered i say sign him up.

Also like to say i hope this new speculation thread/possible signing doesn't drag on like some of the others have done or are still...

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
There’s no way Storm will let go of Grant. Smith is the best hooker on the market (there isn’t much competition). He would be a solid purchase for 600k. I feel we will land either smith or McInnes for 22.