Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly mate. I think it's great you obviously believe so much in something, and have such a passion about it.

But I'm not going to waste my time pulling up numbers / facts or whatever only for you not to take it on board. Time and time and time again I've seen such well presented, factually correct info presented to you only for you to fob it off.

Why would I bother. You clearly know it all, and I'm not going to battle you on it.

At the end of the day there's nothing worse than death.
He keeps banging on about the the percentage that the coronavirus affects graphs and charts then claims a large number of pilots are killing themselves and provides nothing

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The fact is different countries have different situations when it comes to covid that will naturally mean some are more or less at risk of a virus causing them serious issues.

the differences are based on:

- Political systems
- Weather
- Economics
- geography
- culture
- medical systems

to name a few.
So now you're trying to shift to an argument that the virus discriminates depending on the above factors. Er, no, it doesn't discriminate at all. If anything, culture ASSISTS it to spread - you know, the whole 'freedumb' thing. Lockdown on the other hand...
in the case of America, it is true that when you have a land border with a county and you are unable to confirm who or how many ppl have crossed that border, your ability to contact trace any of these ppl is next to zero - so good luck dealing with infections which arrive from Mexico (who by the way have the 11th worst death rate per capita in the world for covid).
Wasn't your mate Donny's 'wall' supposed to fix this 'huge' problem?
Oh that's right, it was another lie from Agent Orange. It was never going to be done apart from token bits and Mexico was never paying for it.
Oh - and why would anyone want to cross from the 11th worst C-19 deaths by country to the WORST?
Of course we wish that America wasn’t so politically divided as it currently is, but those divisions started long before trump came to power. The entire reason he made it into office is the divisions which occurred for the prior 25 years leading up to 2016. Trump is the outcome of that division, not the cause of it.
He exacerbated it, he played on it and he made it worse - and anyone with their eyes open damn well knows it.
And no, he didn't come to power because of the divisions. He came to power because of a non-compulsory voting system that in 2016 produced huge apathy for two candidates most of the voting population didn't like and most of whom believed Trump wouldn't win so didn't bother voting, or those who specifically voted against Hilary. And we saw BOTH of those groups turn out big-time in 2020 to make sure he didn't get a second term - I bet many of Biden's 80m votes were ABT's (Anyone But Trump). And yes, Donny got more votes than last time because he'd stirred the hornets nest in his base. He still lost the popular vote (twice) and this time the EC, where Hilary failed.
As for using a tiny isolated country like Ireland as a comparison against enormous European/American countries - this is allles with oranges

Ireland 2019 migration: 90,000ppl
America 2016 (couldn’t find 2019 numbers): 1.16 million

also

# of international airports Ireland: 3
# of international airports America: >100

What does population and the number of airports have to do with anything? The rules are the same. Closed borders work. You simply need leaders with some gumption to do it, or do it properly. We know Agent Orange didn't take it seriously for reasons of greed (profit), laziness (huh, work? There's Tweets, TV and Golf to attend to!) and fear (election year) - so let's look at BoJo - even after HAVING a severe case of C-19 where he was in ICU and an initial lockdown, he then flung the doors open in the northern summer and here we are. He was keen to shut the UK off to the rest of Europe economically with Brexit, yet wouldn't keep the borders closed with C-19 and voila - second wave.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Swiss data is still relatively consistent with multiple Other groups who have calculated for covid. This data all
Shows that:

- Younger age groups are generally not at risk.
younger age groups have a higher chance of dying from the flu than covid: https://reason.com/2020/09/29/the-l...ion-fatality-rate-vary-dramatically-with-age/
- Another estimate of ifr which shows consistent trend of ifr from VERY low in younger age groups to 5 or so percent at the oldest: “Recent CDC estimates indicate that the IFR also varies dramatically by age—from 0.003 percent among people 19 or younger to 5.4 percent among people in their 70s.” https://reason.com/2020/09/29/the-l...ion-fatality-rate-vary-dramatically-with-age/
-

- the percentage chance of dying increases as you get older
Yep. That's more accurate.

Older still greatly at risk though.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t perform an analysis of hospital capacity without numbers. America hasn’t run out.
Then what was with the Navy hospital ships in LA and NY harbours?
What was with the temporary tent hospitals?
What's with placing dead bodies in freezer trucks due to no morgue space?
Some of that could be argued as preventative, but you simply can't say at least in some cities demand didn't exceed capacity and keep a straight face.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Then what was with the Navy hospital ships in LA and NY harbours?
What was with the temporary tent hospitals?
What's with placing dead bodies in freezer trucks due to no morgue space?
Some of that could be argued as preventative, but you simply can't say at least in some cities demand didn't exceed capacity and keep a straight face.
Fuck pulling teeth with plyers is less painfull, maybe he should read the multiple articles on drs and nurses in the us who are stretched of their feet , and tell them its ok you're not a capacity. Half the time you go to emergency its a few hours i don't think id like to see a hospital with a few hundred covid patients waiting also

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck pulling teeth with plyers is less painfull, maybe he should read the multiple articles on drs and nurses in the us who are stretched of their feet , and tell them its ok you're not a capacity. Half the time you go to emergency its a few hours i don't think id like to see a hospital with a few hundred covid patients waiting also
Southy what happens with Sweden now, as they have changed their approach, will be very interesting..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have a family member and a colleague with a husband in aviation.

A Cathay pilot jumped off his building in HK last week. A large group of Cathay pilots were sacked while the remaining pilots were told to take a 20-30% pay cut and less working rights or they too would be fired.

the middle eastern carriers made their cuts far earlier back in April/May and the reports from there were multiple pilots killing themselves too.
So you've provided one pilot who committed suicide and this equates to large amounts? Even that one pilot we have to take your word for it and as it stands your word means fuck all on this forum

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
And dawg since you like your graphs ,part of your defence was saying the daily death toll wasn't as bad as April and now here we are thoughts?
View attachment 18853
I’m not trying to defend anything except for a defense of a fair narrative when it comes to covid.

of course covid kills, of course it has killed many, but the appropriate response is not to curl up in balls for a virus that generally doesn’t kill the young and healthy.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not trying to defend anything except for a defense of a fair narrative when it comes to covid.

of course covid kills, of course it has killed many, but the appropriate response is not to curl up in balls for a virus that generally doesn’t kill the young and healthy.
Still dodging the large number of pilot death evidence?
No one said curl up in a ball a small sacrifice for to help return to normal, for the better part washing hands ,social distancing and wearing a mask will when required helps us return to a world we once knew and you still complain about doing little things.
How's that pilots suicide evidence going?

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
How's those pilot stats @Dawgfather would be interesting to see these claim's you have made have and truth's
I’ve never read news stories about pilot suicides. I only know about them because of my family member who is a pilot themselves.

use of the word large may have been misinterpreted. The story as told to me was that one pilot in Hong Kong (Cathay pacific) had jumped off a building and that a number of Emirates pilots had also killed themselves.

up to you if you feel the story is legitimate or otherwise.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’ve never read news stories about pilot suicides. I only know about them because of my family member who is a pilot themselves.

use of the word large may have been misinterpreted. The story as told to me was that one pilot in Hong Kong (Cathay pacific) had jumped off a building and that a number of Emirates pilots had also killed themselves.

up to you if you feel the story is legitimate or otherwise.
You're one bizarre motherfucker dude. Really.

You make a claim about pilots. Can't back it up. Turns out it's potentially about only one pilot. Up to us to believe you or not.

I make a claim about my neighbour who passed away from COVID. YOu ask me to back it up. Call for evidence. Number comparisons. Urine samples. Blood levels. The whole shazam. And without this stuff, what I say is nothing.

I mean. What grass are you smoking?

Status
Not open for further replies.