Our slowest Backline of all time vs our fastest of all time

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Scott Wilson was a good player, but he was unique in the sense he was a 'late bloomer' and didn't hit his straps until his twenties. Much like Holland (who was plucked out of the Newcastle colo) and DCE/Cody Walker (from QLD Cup).

The problem with these late bloomers is they generally are footy brains guys, initially overlooked because they'd don't have speed or size, but display a relative X factor in two or domestic comps that are worth a gamble, that rarely pay off.... walker and DCE an exception.
another stupid and uneducated comment, Scott Wilson played first grade at 17 , late bloomer you dumb ****?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ross Conlon was slow as shit.

Tony Currie was very quick.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
the coach of the slow team scored more tries than anybody from the fast team
That coach had the privilege of diving into Ben Sherwin precision grubbers after a dominant forward pack that was 40% over the cap would steamroll teams through.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
That coach had the privilege of diving into Ben Sherwin precision grubbers after a dominant forward pack that was 40% over the cap would steamroll teams through.
but most importantly he had great finishing ability

sherwin kicks probably accounted for maybe 20 of his tries

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
but most importantly he had great finishing ability

sherwin kicks probably accounted for maybe 20 of his tries
he was an ok finisher, competent.
But thats bare minimum required for NRL wingers wouldnt you agree?

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Here come the threads again lol..!!! :weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary::weary:
we have to put up with these uneducated posts again, it is painful. surely this pest is a gee up from the mods? he cant be serious surely

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he was an ok finisher, competent.
But thats bare minimum required for NRL wingers wouldnt you agree?
howland was the star signing but only scored 3 tries under the sherwin grubbers and dominant forward pack, el masri scored 31 in the same period, which is over 1000% more

el masri scored 34 tries before sherwin and 21 after he left, most of those in bad teams

his 55 without sherwin tries is better than howland had in his whole career including sherwin, so you can slice it anyway you want but el masri still comes out ahead

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
we have to put up with these uneducated posts again, it is painful. surely this pest is a gee up from the mods? he cant be serious surely
Ignore button is great. I took it off when he got unbanned but now I decided to put it on.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would just miss that list with my time of 11.7 secs... lol true story

Now would do the 100 in 11mins in my old age