Sonny Bill Williams’ Bulldogs exit: Khoder Nasser reveals why NRL star defected

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Fact: SBW is a freak footballer, once in a generation.
I personally think SBW is overrated and the money he’s commanded astounding. No wonder the Wolfpack nearly folded - $5m/year is madness for a 35yo well past his best who was more known for shoulder charges than much else. Many will disagree but I never saw him a freak - more a good player in sides at their peak: Bulldogs ‘04, Crusaders ‘11, Chooks ‘13, All Blacks ‘11/‘15 RWC etc.
Interesting to see Graham Richardson's influence...
This is also weird as it paints Richo as the deal-maker, yet Richo said about a year later that ‘we paid too much’ - which if anything is a credit to Greenberg who wouldn’t budge below $750k.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the most annoying thing is the NRL bend over and allow him to come back in. He turned his back on the Dogs and the NRL, but they squeal and allow the flog to come waltzing back in like a saviour. The scum ripped the heart out of a lot of young Dogs fans who looked up to him. Really tired of reading like he is some superhero

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah it was the 90k. Its an in-principle thing about Interest. I know a number of people who really hate the loaning at interest system, its sometimes referred to disparagingly as usury. Mundines loan was interest free.
Anybody who hates the loan interest thing wouldn't lend money to anybody & if that was the situation how many people would have housing? We live in a capitalist society so if you are going to have a business, you are entitled to make a profit. I guess the people who don't like the interest payments work for the employer for nothing as well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So let me get this right. Williams had to pay the Dogs $750k compensation for a better term (via Mundine). Nasser, the brain child in all of this was trying to broker a deal to ensure $90k a year in home loan interest was covered in an increased contract. Wow, Nasser really got the best deal for $BW at that time.

I'm also still confused. So it is against his religion to pay interest which is fine, nothing wrong with that but in 2007 he had a toilet rendezvous (i'll keep it clean) with (name suppressed) a female, walks out on a contract in 2008 and takes off overseas.

Can someone please explain to me why this guy in treated as royalty when his morals don't resemble his belief's?

F@ck i hope Gallen knocks the shit out of him and sends him back to Toulon.
I hate Gallen but I hope he knocks out that piece of shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I personally think SBW is overrated and the money he’s commanded astounding. No wonder the Wolfpack nearly folded - $5m/year is madness for a 35yo well past his best who was more known for shoulder charges than much else. Many will disagree but I never saw him a freak - more a good player in sides at their peak: Bulldogs ‘04, Crusaders ‘11, Chooks ‘13, All Blacks ‘11/‘15 RWC etc.

This is also weird as it paints Richo as the deal-maker, yet Richo said about a year later that ‘we paid too much’ - which if anything is a credit to Greenberg who wouldn’t budge below $750k.
Why I hate the piece of shit more he went to my other favourite teams in the Crusaders and All Blacks.

**** stalks me lol

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
His the most dishonest sportsman on earth. You only have to see who he deals with especially rorters
$$$ is all he thinks about. Sickens me everyone praising him. I hope Raiders smash hiim want to see him fall on his arse.

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agree with some comments here, not sure why were still hearing about bulldogs and sbw.

Media cant seem to get enough of him

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At least sonny has found clubs since that have a motto of *fuck the salary cap*
Our club had the same motto so many have forgotten 2002. We got caught the roosters know how to operate.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree with some comments here, not sure why were still hearing about bulldogs and sbw.

Media cant seem to get enough of him
They like to throw it in our face because they know any talk of SBW ruffles our feathers.

"Hey Bulldogs fans, remember Sonny Bill and what he did, well we will remind you while also praising him for it and what an admirable guy he is and a class sportsman. You're welcome, love from the Main Stream Media"

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They like to throw it in our face because they know any talk of SBW ruffles our feathers.

"Hey Bulldogs fans, remember Sonny Bill and what he did, well we will remind you while also praising him for it and what an admirable guy he is and a class sportsman. You're welcome, love from the Main Stream Media"
Same pricks that wanted him banned from nrl which I agreed with. Now their all over him.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They sure are known for their hypocrisy and double standards, just like politicians.
Yeah they did the same with Pay pushed for him to be sacked and when the dogs sacked him then their crying how he was treated badly. It’s crap

Last edited:

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
yes he did the wrong thing and left our club in the lurch but he is an outstanding player yes they r my other teams too...crusaders and all blacks

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve said on this forum before,and I’ll say it again,most people in the club have no issues with Williams, the real problem was and always will be he’s manager,poor bugger had to pay such huge interest rates,welcome to the real world,who cares go back to NZ,take your manager with u

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nasser does not deal with banks and opposes home loans with interest, as dictated by his Muslim faith

Fucking what?? ***** making this up on the spot