Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lets be realistic here. We are a minimum of 5 years away from being premiership contenders. We are in cap trouble for 19 & 20. Front loading contracts now would release pressure for the 2020 season, though, have a look at all the rosters and most premier players are still on contract for 19 & 20. There is a shitload of players coming off contract at the end of 2020, which means most clubs will have a war chest and ***** will be paid overs left, right and centre.

From memory the Panthers & Broncos have locked up a fair bit of talent for the next 4-5 years (not that it means much nowdays)

I dont want Klemmer here, but he has now made himself as a massive bargaining chip and its something we must cash on
But for how long is he a bargaining chip? We have to keep paying him for as long as he's here and that just isn't going to be worth it as the days go on.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If the perceived 2020 cap problems are as bad as forecasted than the best thing for the club is releasing an unhappy Klemmer and frontload contracts.

A wooden spoon however is not acceptable and the current squad without Klemmer will have a mountainous job to avoid it.

Klemmer-less our squad is reminiscent of 2008 where all our quality heavy players had been pissed off (figuratively and literally) by Noad and we fielded the lightest Bulldogs squad I have ever seen. The opposition ran at us and through us without fear.

Whoever replaces Klemmer has to be a big body and someone who puts a bit of fear into the opposition runners.

Opposition teams eyes will light up if we have a pack of

Tolman, Sue, Fualalo, Ogden, To'omaga, Tualau.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Below comes from a close friend who is besties with a current Bulldogs players partner.

Klemmers wife wants to move to acerage up near her sister in Newcastle, and the money Newcastle are offering would pay for that within a year or two of Davids new contract.

She wears the pants in the relationship and never wanted him to self represent, and blames him for the position (financially) they are now in. She does not get on with many of the other players partners who consider her controlling and manipulative. She holds the purse strings, apparently no longer works, and his family warned Klem of this. He chose her over his family, hence why they no longer associate (and apparently were not even invited to their wedding in Dec 2017).

Quote from an article the other week by Danny Wiedler. Note the wording.
I think klemmer chose his children.
He would have to be really brave to stand up to his wife and there are consequences.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
blames him for the position (financially) they are now in.
The poor bastards.

May start a GoFundMe page for them.

Lets take a fucking care package for them.

Seriously, they are getting more money than what we can only dream of getting a year.

Let them struggle on a pension & see how others live.

Hope the place they get is infested with termites & funnel web spiders etc. lol

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Below comes from a close friend who is besties with a current Bulldogs players partner.

Klemmers wife wants to move to acerage up near her sister in Newcastle, and the money Newcastle are offering would pay for that within a year or two of Davids new contract.

She wears the pants in the relationship and never wanted him to self represent, and blames him for the position (financially) they are now in. She does not get on with many of the other players partners who consider her controlling and manipulative. She holds the purse strings, apparently no longer works, and his family warned Klem of this. He chose her over his family, hence why they no longer associate.

Quote from an article the other week by Danny Wiedler. Note the wording.
I think klemmer chose his children.
He would have to be really brave to stand up to his wife and there are consequences.[/QUOTE

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Im 100% ok with klem going but the one thing the club needs to be strong about and WE have the upper hand here is to let Newcastle know there is no release until we get ramien otherwise klem will rot in reserve grade for 2 years

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Im 100% ok with klem going but the one thing the club needs to be strong about and WE have the upper hand here is to let Newcastle know there is no release until we get ramien otherwise klem will rot in reserve grade for 2 years
Yep we need the best deal.. sitting out a season would be worse for him.. but yeah we need to have the upper hand hope that’s the case here. Love to hear something from the club soon.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But for how long is he a bargaining chip? We have to keep paying him for as long as he's here and that just isn't going to be worth it as the days go on.
How long? i do not know and its a difficult one.

The shit thing is there is sfa top halves left in the game so there is not much choice. Balance throughout the whole 17 is becoming more critical and its something we definitely do not have.

In my eyes the only top halves left in the game are Keary, Maloney & Munster, and these are players who perform week in week out, and the difference between there good games and quite games isnt much, though we are most probably buckleys chance of snarring none of them.

From around the periods of 2011-2014 we had a shitload of players come through our ranks - Jackson, Finucane, Tapau, Klemmer, Mbye, Reynolds, Kasiano, etc and since than i do not see any quality coming through except for the likes of Remis Smith and Martin

Its fucken frustrating, and i dont want the club to go down the road of signing players just for the fuck of it, but imo we also have sfa coming through our ranks so we are stuck in a difficult fucken position

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think ramien signed with newcastle to be offloaded to another club. Imo even if we can convince him, it would take a large chunk of the money from releasing klemmer to do that

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dont think ramien signed with newcastle to be offloaded to another club. Imo even if we can convince him, it would take a large chunk of the money from releasing klemmer to do that
$$ talks but

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon next year when kaylan kills it he will want an upgrade bigtime,i reckon the going to union stories will come out

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck this weak wanker off already... if he had any sense of decency he would have came public already. Just praying we don't waste the cash cutting him loose will provide

Status
Not open for further replies.