Dean Pay on Talkin’ Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate Martin looked dangerous in OTHER GAMES TOO. Against Warriors he made those runs and had a couple of tackle busts, did the same against the Broncos. And he's a 96% kicker, I'm sorry but there's no way Holland is as good a kicker as Martin.
I agree with you that goal kicking it very important turning 4 to 6 on most kicks is like gold it could the difference between winning and losing. I also agree that martin is better goal kicker then holland. But holland is very good goal kicker also and looks like his improving and will only get better. His kick 17 striaght at nrl level.

But I dont agree that martin is a better player then rfm. Rfm with foran inside him i think we became the best backrower in the game. Another option would be moving Jackson to lock elliot to the bench with rfm and martin on the edge.

Either way its a good problem to have.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran passed the ball to him once all year. Frawley was on rfm side of the field. Which game did you see foran pass the ball to rfm? I can only think of 1 time all year.
Foran roamed across to his side and fed him ball numerous times (less than 10) at the start of the Yr. he only hit one at pace.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree with you that goal kicking it very important turning 4 to 6 on most kicks is like gold it could the difference between winning and losing. I also agree that martin is better goal kicker then holland. But holland is very good goal kicker also and looks like his improving and will only get better. His kick 17 striaght at nrl level.

But I dont agree that martin is a better player then rfm. Rfm with foran inside him i think we became the best backrower in the game. Another option would be moving Jackson to lock elliot to the bench with rfm and martin on the edge.

Either way its a good problem to have.
Theres another consideration as well. Suausa Sue.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
One thing I’ll say is I think both Martin and rfm are good players (won’t say best by any means but both im happy to have play for us and start)!!!

Rfm never got a chance with Lewis and he just brings so much to the squad. Could say same thing about smith lurking!

I would also say Foran never got a chance with Lewis as a solid partner to help as both jmk and Frawley aren’t remotely close to Lewis.

I would love to see Lewis and Foran for a year with rfm
And Martin and Jackson in the 11-13. Elliott bench with sue and Ogden and get blokes like smith lurking!!!!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You guys are really underestimating RFM and what he did for us. He was constantly the only one of our forwards that was fighting in the tackle and looking to push away from the defender and/or pop an offload away. During his 13 game period he was better than Jackson and even got through more work at times.

This idea that he was scared is just stupid, the timing on his runs was off just like basically everything else in our play. Jackson at the time was gettting run over in defence and we could barely string any sort of consistent footy together. I have no doubts that his form would only have continued to improve along with the rest of the team if he wasn't injured.

Reaction score
You guys are really underestimating RFM and what he did for us. He was constantly the only one of our forwards that was fighting in the tackle and looking to push away from the defender and/or pop an offload away. During his 13 game period he was better than Jackson and even got through more work at times.

This idea that he was scared is just stupid, the timing on his runs was off just like basically everything else in our play. Jackson at the time was gettting run over in defence and we could barely string any sort of consistent footy together. I have no doubts that his form would only have continued to improve along with the rest of the team if he wasn't injured.
no doubt. it's a shame RFM missed out on the back end of the season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
no doubt. it's a shame RFM missed out on the back end of the season
My backrow during pre season was Martin and RFM on the edges with Jackson at lock, thought that was our best backrow then and still do now. If RFM is forced off the edge and to the middle then we definitely need him playing near 50 minutes most weeks. No other forward in our squad brings his skillset and there's few in the NRL that do. We can't afford to waste him.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I never knew it was such a problem buying more good players...

If better outside back and halves options were available at a reasonable price, I'm sure the club would sign them.

I doubt CHN would break the bank so he would be a value signing as he is better than Martin and RFM, even if both have been good for us.

Having RFM on the bench doesn't mean the end of his career. It just means we have a really good bench for once and any forward from the bench can still play 50 minutes.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

Pls

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh were chasing Joseph Manu, but chances aren't good.
Hope we get him though, he would be a perfect replacement for Jmoz
So he is an additional possibility outside of the 2 supposed signings?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeh were chasing Joseph Manu, but chances aren't good.
Hope we get him though, he would be a perfect replacement for Jmoz
Didn't he re-sign with the Cocks not long ago? I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1 x outside back.
1 x hooker.

Get that solved and we are a serious force for next year.

Another Reimis Smith (tall, lanky, fast winger), and a decent hooker whose fast and passes crisp, and we look like a different side.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Awww penis..

Cross off Maumalo... Warriors just locked him in until 2022, and in doing so locked in their wingers of Fusitua and Maumalo for a few seasons (Fuistua was signed recently till 2023).

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Awww penis..

Cross off Maumalo... Warriors just locked him in until 2022, and in doing so locked in their wingers of Fusitua and Maumalo for a few seasons (Fuistua was signed recently till 2023).
Maumalo re-signing - x out
CHN - signed till 2020 - x out
Manu - signed till 2020 - x out
Barba - definitely x out (club does not want him)

Whats left out there
Oates
Segeyaro
Koroisau
Rein

Status
Not open for further replies.