Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why would the club wait a few weeks if French was one of the two coming to Belmore to announce him??? It's not like Parra are setting the rugby league world on fire or will be playing finals footy in 2018 or any time soon for that matter :grinning: I expect the two signings that Pay alluded to, to be actively featuring for their current clubs during the finals series, hence why our club would be waiting for seasons end to announce them.
When does the ESL season finish?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We don't need CHN, but he's an upgrade over RFM and Martin and depth never hurt anyone. CHN is a genuine talent who's worth grabbing if available at the right price and then figuring out the rest later.

Martin is only on a one year deal and RFM is maybe off contract next year also so why not take the opportunity to lock up a rising star like CHN?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's Chiko and Maumalo I'm going to make one almight mess in my pants. Imagine Lewis's kicking with two capable wingers, and our backline with two ball playing centres and a capable fullback poking around.

1. Hoppa/Meaney
2. Maumalo
3. Holland/Montoya
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Foran
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Segeyaro
10. Klemmer
11. Jackson
12. Martin
13. Elliott

14. Fualalo
15. RFM/Ogden
16. Sue
17. Lichaa/Woolford/JMK/Smith

I probably missed someone out there.
How people like yourself are even thinking about not starting RFM is beyond me. You have him or ogden on the bench. So you are saying you think he may not even make the 17.

RFM is deadset one of the best if not the best edge backrowers in the game. He will be playing 80 mins each week. How people think otherwise is beyond me. RFM shits all over Martin in every aspect of the game except goal kicking.

If Pay is even thinking about not having RFM play 80 each week that will do me.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How people like yourself are even thinking about not starting RFM is beyond me. You have him or ogden on the bench. So you are saying you think he may not even make the 17.

RFM is deadset one of the best if not the best edge backrowers in the game. He will be playing 80 mins each week. How people think otherwise is beyond me. RFM shits all over Martin in every aspect of the game except goal kicking.

If Pay is even thinking about not having RFM play 80 each week that will do me.
Wow one of the best? Hmm... you do realise you need to be able to defend? RFM is a shirt grabber. Disappointing when played for longer minutes as well. He has a very tidy offload but the bloke is very hesitant in running tough lines, and does a lot of sideways running

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow one of the best? Hmm... you do realise you need to be able to defend? RFM is a shirt grabber. Disappointing when played for longer minutes as well. He has a very tidy offload but the bloke is very hesitant in running tough lines, and does a lot of sideways running
Spot on, he no doubt has potential but there is plenty he needs to work on.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are entitled to your opinion. But I think he is one of the best in the game.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His weakness are he had Frawley inside of him all year. Put a decent half inside him that knows how to put someone though a gap and he will be devastating.

Example in rd1 vs the strom. Basically 1st set of 6 of the year. Foran runs to rfm side of the field gives a beautiful pass and puts rfm into a gap to score. Rfm ran a great line. That was deadset the only time all year I can remember foran passing the ball to rfm all year.

Just have a look at kaufusi from the storm. Last year he was the form backrower of the year because he had cronk inside him. Look at him now haven't seen him do anything at all this year.

Next year Dean Pay if you are reading this. Foran and RFM for fuck sake put them on the same side of the field.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
His weakness are he had Frawley inside of him all year. Put a decent half inside him that knows how to put someone though a gap and he will be devastating.

Example in rd1 vs the strom. Basically 1st set of 6 of the year. Foran runs to rfm side of the field gives a beautiful pass and puts rfm into a gap to score. Rfm ran a great line. That was deadset the only time all year I can remember foran passing the ball to rfm all year.

Just have a look at kaufusi from the storm. Last year he was the form backrower of the year because he had cronk inside him. Look at him now haven't seen him do anything at all this year.

Next year Dean Pay if you are reading this. Foran and RFM for fuck sake put them on the same side of the field.
Dude Martin scored a hat trick against raiders running those lines and looked dangerous that whole game and other games.

Martin also is a top kicker, the 2 points are far too valuable in the modern game. RFM is not starting before Jackson or Martin, sorry but it aint happening. He's going to end up sharing the lock position with Elliot

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

That was the only ball he hit at pace in his career. Had multiple opportunities with Foran feeding him ball which I specifically remember and is how I formed my opinion. He didn’t run onto the ball he was very very hesitant to the point he looked scared. Foran does go deep into the line but really that makes RFMs job easier, and he wasn’t doing it.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude Martin scored a hat trick against raiders running those lines and looked dangerous that whole game and other games.

Martin also is a top kicker, the 2 points are far too valuable in the modern game. RFM is not starting before Jackson or Martin, sorry but it aint happening. He's going to end up sharing the lock position with Elliot
Lets agree to disagree. Like you said Martin scored a hat trick against the RADIERS who have by far the worst edge def in the nrl. RFM scored that try against the strom. Rfm btw plays better on Jacksons side of the field. We not need Martin for goal kicking we have Holland.

In my opinion our best backrow option for next year is 13. Elliott 12. RFM 11. Jackson. Martin bench or reverses.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was the only ball he hit at pace in his career. Had multiple opportunities with Foran feeding him ball which I specifically remember and is how I formed my opinion. He didn’t run onto the ball he was very very hesitant to the point he looked scared. Foran does go deep into the line but really that makes RFMs job easier, and he wasn’t doing it.
Foran passed the ball to him once all year. Frawley was on rfm side of the field. Which game did you see foran pass the ball to rfm? I can only think of 1 time all year.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lets agree to disagree. Like you said Martin scored a hat trick against the RADIERS who have by far the worst edge def in the nrl. RFM scored that try against the strom. Rfm btw plays better on Jacksons side of the field. We not need Martin for goal kicking we have Holland.

In my opinion our best backrow option for next year is 13. Elliott 12. RFM 11. Jackson. Martin bench or reverses.
Mate Martin looked dangerous in OTHER GAMES TOO. Against Warriors he made those runs and had a couple of tackle busts, did the same against the Broncos. And he's a 96% kicker, I'm sorry but there's no way Holland is as good a kicker as Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.