Dean Pay - Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is improving our young players doing a great job. Did Remis, Lewis & Holland....ect ect really stand out in reserve grade? Well the answer is no. In Pay we trust.

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You don’t give out awards because he got better as the year went on as a coach. He took the job on and should have been up to scratch since round 1. In a way he is lucky that the cap was so fucked that we got rid of the plebs for the next few years and we have these developed juniors. I still give him a 5/10 for the whole year.
Hello, we have had issues to deal with this year that would have destabilised any club. Pay has dealt with things better than most would. If you think any other coach would have done better in these circumstances, you’re delusional, imo.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Who cares about the Eels, we shouldn't be looking to draw any sort of comparisons to such a shit club if we have any sort of ambition.

I have complimented Pay on his ability to get the boys up and committed for 80 all season actually, as usual most people choose to look over it. That has never been my issue with Pay.
Ok, cool.

Do you still want him sacked?
Is he still shit?
Is he still Derp Pay?
Does he still remind you of the relief school teacher that no kid listens to?
Is he still out of his depth?

These were what you said right?

OR

Are you prepared to give him a chance like most of us?

Malla

Reaction score
He's got them enjoying themselves and playing footy again and you can see it through their confidence on the field.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely giving Pay massive props. Still not a fan of Lichaa and do kinda blame him for bringing him back but I won't go into that.
But Pay must of had the hardest job in the NRL, to have us performing like we have is almost a miracle.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Who cares about the Eels, we shouldn't be looking to draw any sort of comparisons to such a shit club if we have any sort of ambition.

I have complimented Pay on his ability to get the boys up and committed for 80 all season actually, as usual most people choose to look over it. That has never been my issue with Pay.
I care little for the Eels also but if you want to talk about the pressure being let off and teams then performing, you're pretty naive if you don't think people will draw comparisons.

Arthur was a sought after coach last year and many had the Eels in their Top 4 this year, so if we're drawing comparisons based on your analogy, Pay is doing better than both Arthur and Green as you'd think both of those teams have no pressure now also...

We're doing well atm, but I'm not surprised at where we have finished this year, I was expecting us to be toward the bottom. What I've seen though are players aiming up each week, a very astute defensive structure, we've scored some fantastic tries and blooded guys like Lewis, Renouf, Ogden and Martin and players like Smith and Elliot are playing out of their skin.

There's plenty of positives to be taken into 2019 and Pay deserves credit for turning around the group in the face of a truckload of adversity...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said it during the season that he needs to be given time. It's his first head coaching job and he walked into a disaster of a team.
Majority of us nay sayers (I admit I was in the start) were just impatient because our love of our team blinded us.

Pay won my respect when he fucked off those 2 pretender bitches.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ok, cool.

Do you still want him sacked?
Is he still shit?
Is he still Derp Pay?
Does he still remind you of the relief school teacher that no kid listens to?
Is he still out of his depth?

These were what you said right?

OR

Are you prepared to give him a chance like most of us?
I still have massive doubts, but i'm a little less concerned atm.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really do believe Pay is doing a superb job. A lot of players have improved dramatically as the year has progressed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I care little for the Eels also but if you want to talk about the pressure being let off and teams then performing, you're pretty naive if you don't think people will draw comparisons.

Arthur was a sought after coach last year and many had the Eels in their Top 4 this year, so if we're drawing comparisons based on your analogy, Pay is doing better than both Arthur and Green as you'd think both of those teams have no pressure now also...

We're doing well atm, but I'm not surprised at where we have finished this year, I was expecting us to be toward the bottom. What I've seen though are players aiming up each week, a very astute defensive structure, we've scored some fantastic tries and blooded guys like Lewis, Renouf, Ogden and Martin and players like Smith and Elliot are playing out of their skin.

There's plenty of positives to be taken into 2019 and Pay deserves credit for turning around the group in the face of a truckload of adversity...
The comparison is against us from last season. Similar position and the pressure was off and we played some of our best footy...so good that Lichaa got a new contract.

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was on the "give pay time" side of thing earlier but i think i now sit on "lets not get ahead of ourselves here" side of the fence now. been a positive couple of months which gives the roster confidence moving forward but its gonna be a big pre season for the coaching staff to try and get these type of result early on next season

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The comparison is against us from last season. Similar position and the pressure was off and we played some of our best footy...so good that Lichaa got a new contract.
That was because the players decided to ignore the instructions from the coach. At least that was the theory from some ppl here. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.