Josh Morris Club Announcement - Off to the Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
At what point does cronullas cap get questioned ??
It has been reported that the sharks have set amounts they spend on certain positions hence why they can afford to players. It’s good cap management.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
OFFICIAL: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-morris-confirms-move-to-cronulla-20180710-p4zqjw.html

Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods left immediately while Morris will at least get an end-of-season farewell as the club battles to get its well-known salary cap problems in order.
"You don't want it to happen," prop Aiden Tolman said.
"You don't want to see players like Aaron Woods and Moses - who has been here a long time - or J-Moz who has been here for 10 years. You don't want to see those players go.
"But that's professional sport. He had an opportunity at another club and he's got a young family so he took that up.
"It's disappointing because he is such a quality player and he's a good person so to lose a player like that. But he had to do what's best for himself so he is going to a great club."

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It has been reported that the sharks have set amounts they spend on certain positions hence why they can afford to players. It’s good cap management.
and I've got a money tree growing in the backyard next to my unicorn paddock and fly pig sty.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
surely u are taking the p!ss rite ??

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Clearly, The sharks have taken the money they used to spend on pharmacists, and have poured it into accountants.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough one. He has been a great player for us but its a bit risky to sign 32 year old outside backs to multi year deals

One year extension was probably right call but he got 2 years somewhere else so he had to take it

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let us be realistic
It appears the management and the coach have long made a decision to whom they are resigning and whom they are letting go.
The Morris brothers are quality footballers but they are 32 this year and injuries prone and probably asking for two years extension at a high price,
My question to the kennelers...Would you take a gamble on them considering their Fees Injuries and age ?
I know I wouldn't
On a personal note, good luck to both of them !

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
anyone know how much? usually ours are leaked straight up
According to the report "they have young families to look after " So money is a priority,
Does that answer your question ?

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t blame him for taking the money. Last contract for him. Young family. Can’t blame the bloke for that. We had him for 10 years and got some good years out of him. Correct me if I’m wrong but he was always a staunch des fan along with Bmoz. Seem to be clearing out all the Des lovers.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so question for everyone... do we
1. Go after a current First Grade player to replace JMoz and BMoz.
2. look for promising players (Can't make First Grade without injury at another team) to cover the loss and re-sign Martin and Lewis?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, so question for everyone... do we
1. Go after a current First Grade player to replace JMoz and BMoz.
2. look for promising players (Can't make First Grade without injury at another team) to cover the loss and re-sign Martin and Lewis?
There are some gun young centres around at the moment. This is where recruitment needs to step up and find them

Look at Brian Kelly from Manly. He was playing under 20's for Gold Coast in 2016. Manly got him before he had played first grade and he has turned in to a top class centre within 18 months

Thats the style of player we need going forward

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
tolman is irrating, "he is going to a great club" it makes me sick what does he think we are.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tolman is irrating, "he is going to a great club" it makes me sick what does he think we are.
Fk off Tolman...You can follow him there too.
Don't you ever forget it, this is the best club, we are only in this situation because of the over paid useless c...ts like you !!!

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulldogs centre Josh Morris will leave Belmore at the end of this season to take up a two year contract with the Sharks.

Morris, who joined the Bulldogs in 2009, has currently made 209 NRL appearances for the club.

Chief Executive Andrew Hill paid tribute to Morris' tenure at the club:

'Josh has been an outstanding servant to the Bulldogs over a ten year career and is a big part of our history during that period. The club made him an extremely competitive offer to stay, but he has decided to take up a contract with the Sharks. We are disappointed to see him leave but we understand that he has done what he thinks is right at this stage of his career. We look forward to seeing him finish this season strongly with the club and leaving with some great memories."

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OFFICIAL: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/josh-morris-confirms-move-to-cronulla-20180710-p4zqjw.html

Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods left immediately while Morris will at least get an end-of-season farewell as the club battles to get its well-known salary cap problems in order.
"You don't want it to happen," prop Aiden Tolman said.
"You don't want to see players like Aaron Woods and Moses - who has been here a long time - or J-Moz who has been here for 10 years. You don't want to see those players go.
"But that's professional sport. He had an opportunity at another club and he's got a young family so he took that up.
"It's disappointing because he is such a quality player and he's a good person so to lose a player like that. But he had to do what's best for himself so he is going to a great club."
I could reveal now that prior to signing Hasler, three times the management had meetings with the players asking their opinions about resigning him and every time their reply was the same it's not his fault it's ours.
It seems to me we have many players who were loyal to Hasler and the dollar rather than to the fans and the club.
Does this tell us why we had so many overpaid average player
Let the clean up continue !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.