Knights should go for Foran- Johns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des Hasler never had a son but he always regarded Foran as his son.

Foran constantly rejected Des after Des left Manly, but as a father you never give up on your children.

Des won him over eventually when noone else wanted Foran along with getting his son a big, healthy, fat salary
Des wanted the same relationship with Foran as Clint Eastwood has with that fuckwit Darius.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran is signed until the end of 2020. Not 2021. So we would effectively be paying another club for 2 years.... IF he isnt medically retired. I would do it.

The club is aware we wont be well cap wise until 2021 (when the only player we will paying to play against us is a small amount for woods).

Release Foran. Gamble on a young gun or two for two seasons
I'd only release him if we're only paying a small amount of his freight (10%>). It'd be better for the club if he was medically retired, but if not, give him a full off-season plus half a season to provide guidance to our young halves.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd only release him if we're only paying a small amount of his freight (10%>). It'd be better for the club if he was medically retired, but if not, give him a full off-season plus half a season to provide guidance to our young halves.
Foran needs a Labrador to guide him around the field and you reckon Foran is the man and role model to guide our young halves.

Yeah fucken right

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I still can't believe we have this **** at the club, the fact that he's on a multimillion dollar contract is absolutely sickening.
I guess you won't be calling on lunkhead Johns to replace pay, then....haha.... even if we paid most of the freight (which we wouldn't) what possible value does he think Foran would offer. I've met plant life that was more cerebral than Matthew Johns.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What do you expect him to teach them? How to shirk responsibility? Or maybe he could offer body maintenance tips :P

I do get what you're saying. I don't want us paying too much towards other club's caps either.......I wouldn't offload him and pay more than 10-15 percent.....I just don't think the guy offers any value whatsoever, sadly.

Close to the worst signing in the game's history if not the worst!

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Give what up, the truth?
Foran is on $850k not $1m or $1.1m.
Last year it was 650k now uve moved up to 850k.

Foran aint worth 100k and the **** is a fraud.

Thank fuck he wont be playing for the dogs anymore

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At absolute most he was worth a punt @ 450k a season on 2 year deal...personally i wouldn't have signed him at any price and said so at the time.
You should also have done a FULL medical on him AND had a clause in there about not being able to fulfil his contract due to EXISTING injuries.

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran needs a Labrador to guide him around the field and you reckon Foran is the man and role model to guide our young halves.

Yeah fucken right
Only his body is broken - the mind is still working and he's not a passenger in big games, so he does have football smarts that he can pass on to our halves who have no-one else to lean on.

What do you expect him to teach them? How to shirk responsibility? Or maybe he could offer body maintenance tips :P

I do get what you're saying. I don't want us paying too much towards other club's caps either.......I wouldn't offload him and pay more than 10-15 percent.....I just don't think the guy offers any value whatsoever, sadly.

Close to the worst signing in the game's history if not the worst!
Don't disagree that it was a bad call to sign him, but like you say, might as well get him passing on some tutelage if we can't get someone to take the majority of his salary!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Seriously Johns, why would Newy after watching how his body is sign him? Any club would have rocks in their head then to spend anything more then a free 150-200k if they had it spare. His mind is more then willing but his body is done...….I didn't want to believe it but the evidence and facts are there for all to see. Newy would be sitting there today going that Johns is on crack for sure. Foran should medical retire if he had any integrity about himself OR do a quiet deal with the dogs and just retire fullstop.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only his body is broken - the mind is still working and he's not a passenger in big games, so he does have football smarts that he can pass on to our halves who have no-one else to lean on.

Don't disagree that it was a bad call to sign him, but like you say, might as well get him passing on some tutelage if we can't get someone to take the majority of his salary!
I'd rather get him well away from the club....I don't think he's the best influence and I don't think he was ever the organiser we need, so I think his input would be so so anyway.....but I definitely agree we should not pay too much of his freight and may well be stuck with him!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not going to happen (this nor the medical retirement).

Newcastle just got rid of Hodkinson from their books (LOL Manly), and won't be keen to replace him anytime soon.

With Connor Watson and Pearce in the halves, Ponga an option for injury, as well as a few off contract (Lamb, Hazard, Stig, Johns) who can play in halves.

They also have young Hayden Loughrey and Daniel Peck coming through the grades. Loughrey in particular looks very good.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As much as i would lurvvvveeee this to happen, there is zero chance that the Knights or any other NRL club would be that stupid and incompetent to take Foran for free, let alone on a NRL contract.

What needs to be done, is that this horse needs to be taken around the back and put down

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Des Hasler never had a son but he always regarded Foran as his son.

Foran constantly rejected Des after Des left Manly, but as a father you never give up on your children.

Des won him over eventually when noone else wanted Foran along with getting his son a big, healthy, fat salary
Des got ALL his mates big, healthy, fat salaries..he couldn't believe the gravy train kept giving and giving...Dib and the old Board should be given life bans.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The comments from Chris Anderson the other day would indicate they are going to pump all sorts of sports technology into him to get him right for next year. Looks like he is here for the duration - at this stage....

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The comments from Chris Anderson the other day would indicate they are going to pump all sorts of sports technology into him to get him right for next year. Looks like he is here for the duration - at this stage....
There is a fantastic recovery medication which you inject called pentobarbital

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You can have him for 1 million a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.