Our No. 9, change needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
in the last non lichaa season we made the grand final by crushing cam smith and the storm in melbourne within 30 minutes
In that season we had Ben Barba... once again nothing to do with lichaa...

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw the correct answer is we had ennis aka we didnt have lichaa

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
no barba was gone, try again
My bad. I automatically assumed 2012...

2014 was another shit year with a shit coach where we played shit for 26rounds. Beaten by titans convincingly in rd 26.

Eastwood tore apart Melbourne single handedly for the win
We played a very weakened Manly and just came up with victory on overtime i think it was
Then we played a Penrith team missing 6-7 of their best players and we struggled to beat them
And GF we got pumped in the end.

So once again nothing to do with lichaa. We had a shit team and we got lucky same way Cowboys got lucky last year..

Lichaa has been one of our best players this year. Not his fault our other forwards have been power puffs and cant do shit, or have a FB who still learning how to play FB or a non existant 5/8 on JMK

Also lichaa missed those tackles against storm or roosters that led to easy tries didnt he. Lichaa played on the wing didnt he and let in Croker to score those tries didnt he?

Cook made all those breaks yesterday but didnt lead to tries. Y?? Because just like the dogs they cant score for shit in oppositon 20.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lichaa isn’t the problem

The problem are the Roos props especially Woods

Plus the shit game plan and defensive pattern

Fix that up then we will compete and jag a few wins

We have the roster to be competitive with majority here for many years

Don’t give me ‘we like Knights’ bs

Some players need to stop thinking about money ....need a reality check else they can fkn bounce like a reality cheque!!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
My bad. I automatically assumed 2012...

2014 was another shit year with a shit coach where we played shit for 26rounds. Beaten by titans convincingly in rd 26.

Eastwood tore apart Melbourne single handedly for the win
We played a very weakened Manly and just came up with victory on overtime i think it was
Then we played a Penrith team missing 6-7 of their best players and we struggled to beat them
And GF we got pumped in the end.

So once again nothing to do with lichaa. We had a shit team and we got lucky same way Cowboys got lucky last year..

Lichaa has been one of our best players this year. Not his fault our other forwards have been power puffs and cant do shit, or have a FB who still learning how to play FB or a non existant 5/8 on JMK

Also lichaa missed those tackles against storm or roosters that led to easy tries didnt he. Lichaa played on the wing didnt he and let in Croker to score those tries didnt he?

Cook made all those breaks yesterday but didnt lead to tries. Y?? Because just like the dogs they cant score for shit in oppositon 20.
actually we struggled to beat them because it was the semi final and preliminary final

now we struggle to beat anyone and its lichaa's fault among others

rewatch the collapse against souths when they tore us up in the final 10 minutes and you might notice lichaa lagging around trying to catch up to the play, a typical performance

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Licha is only a small problem but you will watch any hooker with speed shine when tour go forward is doing exactly that. Going forward

Cook has been barely hanging onto his grade spot in souths and hasn’t really impressed me much since last nights game. The reason he shone last night was because bunnies pack gave it to the roosters. A hooker can shine when that happens and our go forward has been a bunch of pussies the first 5 rounds

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Cook has been barely hanging onto his grade spot in souths and hasn’t really impressed me much since last nights game
to be fair he hasnt had a chance to impress you since then

berries1935

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His running isn't ending in a way that should most times its sideways and no link play. He is running for the sake of running, no plan or purpose. He has gone from one extreme to another really

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lichaa isn’t as bad as everyone is saying. He’s just easy to make a scapegoat out of because he’s been blamed before.
He has been running from dummy half and he actually gets the first defended to come in quite often but he dies with the ball because nobody runs off him. Phil Gould even said it last week. At one point Lichaa created a two man overlap by Morris and Holland stood there looking at him and he just submitted.

Seriously we’ve forgotten how to play footy.
I heard the comment from Gould and if it is the same incident then Morris did run inside where the gap opened up but Licha didn't even think of passing him the ball. It is a fundamental characteristic of a ball player to recognise when a defender chases you too far across field and to look for the player back inside. Rarely does anything else good happen when you run across field do I don't know what he was expecting. I'm not sure Licha knows how to link up and unless he learns he could be in trouble career wise.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Every time I see Cook play I cringe

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Can anyone defending Lichaa please answer my 3 questions earlier in the thread.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Here we go again with Cook. He was good for us and we offered a contract to stay but he chose the bunnies. It is what it is. In regards to Lichaa, he runs the ball with intent but the team doesn’t know what he is doing. He hasn’t run for about 3 seasons and has been affected by desball.
people keep saying that lichaa is now the problem but i see him as honestly one of our better players. he makes a good 10m from dummy half but no one comes following him and he gets the blame. he passes and never runs, we blame lichaa, he runs but no one backs him up, we blame lichaa.
it’s like with mbye, he makes a bust and no one supports him. there’s no support play in our team. i blame the ***** who just stand there and “ball watch”.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
After watching Cook tonight, I firmly believe Lichaa is a big part of what's going wrong on the field for us. Everything he does is in slow motion compared to every other rake in the comp. This isn't good for the position that has the most touches of the ball.

His dummy half service is really poor and it slows down our forward roll big time. This notion that our forwards dont know how to run onto his passing is nonsense.

He can't offer that 1st or 2nd reciever link for lateral transitions, like Cook has been all night. This is something Pay has stated he want this year.

His apparent running game is pure mythology... when he runs he vary rarely links up with another player or creates anything of note. Look at Cook now thats a running game.

We won 6 of 7 with Cook when Lichaa was injured. How much better did we look last year every game Lichaa came off and Mbye went to 9.

Lichaa is the worst 9 in the comp and the worse I have seen at our club. Pay was decisive with Frawley but I fear he wont be with Lichaa because he is his love child like Happa @ 1 was for Hasler.

JMK or Brown to 9 for me.
bullshit. Thats all ive got.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Id go brown or jkm at hooker... was trying to give Lichaa a decent go. But he just isnt a hooker... his passing game is too slow and predictable
Just realised we are sitting 2nd last behind a Parra team that has 5 strike players out injured.

6. Lewis
7. Foran
9. JMK
13. Lichaa

14. Brown

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This is Lichaa's 4th season, Ennis and Cook's performance in the blue and white are living evidence that this whole Des Ball affecting his game is complete nonsence. Not to mention the same, same form so for this year.

Lichaa is crap, is crap, is crap. No sugar coating it, name another:

- NRL team he would start at 9? No one offered him a contract last year!
- No. 9 that has played for us that he is better than? Other than Garvey and that other flop we got from the Sharks.
- Anything that is different about his game this year compared to the past 3?

I'm not suggesting he is our only problem, but he is certainly an obvious part of the problem. And if he is one of our better players this year, as some are suggesting, then our problems are colossal.

I personally think we are close to at least been competitive for the 8. But Pay need to take off his rose colour glasses when it comes to his NSW U20 love children, Lichaa and Elliot.
Well seeing as you are begging for a response to these questions here they are.....
He would get a start in a lot of NRL teams namely Cows, Parra, Penrith, Raiders.
Every hooker before George Peponis and he is only 23 so how about we compare them all at the same age in which case it is pretty much every hooker we have had. Even Ennis had trouble nailing a FG spot at that age and Cook couldn't get a look in.
If you don't know the answer to this question then you haven't been watching the footy and it pretty much is a waste of time, but I'll give you a hint from the people on here. Have a look at the weekly 3-2-1 from every game this year and then look at last year or the two before that and see if there is a change in the pattern. Even the people who don't like him on this site still give him points....

Hope that helps...

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
After watching Cook tonight, I firmly believe Lichaa is a big part of what's going wrong on the field for us. Everything he does is in slow motion compared to every other rake in the comp. This isn't good for the position that has the most touches of the ball.

His dummy half service is really poor and it slows down our forward roll big time. This notion that our forwards dont know how to run onto his passing is nonsense.

He can't offer that 1st or 2nd reciever link for lateral transitions, like Cook has been all night. This is something Pay has stated he want this year.

His apparent running game is pure mythology... when he runs he vary rarely links up with another player or creates anything of note. Look at Cook now thats a running game.

We won 6 of 7 with Cook when Lichaa was injured. How much better did we look last year every game Lichaa came off and Mbye went to 9.

Lichaa is the worst 9 in the comp and the worse I have seen at our club. Pay was decisive with Frawley but I fear he wont be with Lichaa because he is his love child like Happa @ 1 was for Hasler.

JMK or Brown to 9 for me.
He's never looked fit to me.. Carrying far to much puppy fat....he needs to run consistantly from dummy half, rather than in stages. To do that he needs to be far fitter and lighter on his feet...
Hooomers don't have to be bulky.. Look at Smith or cook, lean, fast tough.
Lay off the kebabs and weights and do some sprint training

Status
Not open for further replies.