Gary McIntyre and the Leagues Club Board (via DT/Rothfield).

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Time for all the board members to get together, smoke the peace pipe, and start working to help strengthen us on the field

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Time for all the board members to get together, smoke the peace pipe, and start working to help strengthen us on the field
Absolutely... I mentioned agendas were at play before, and had sat on that video link that someone gave me, and was going to leave it.

But with this new info from Rothfield, suddenly it becomes rather interesting (read premeditated) again.

Haza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Absolutely... I mentioned agendas were at play before, and had sat on that video link that someone gave me, and was going to leave it.

But with this new info from Rothfield, suddenly it becomes rather interesting (read premeditated) again.
What’s so bad about this video that you were going on about it for so long?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the video that had the supposed racist comments? Or was that complete rubbish. Considering McInytre was lined with the winning ticket what’s so bad about what he said?

What’s the bet Rothfield saw this video and it’s the basis of his “story”

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying to work out what UFC and Bernard Tomic have to do with it?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What’s so bad about this video that you were going on about it for so long?
If you need to ask the question, watch it again and you'll get the answer.

Is the video that had the supposed racist comments? Or was that complete rubbish.
I'm not sure if the racist comments have a video, but no, they allegedly involved a Football Club Board member.

Considering McInytre was lined with the winning ticket what’s so bad about what he said?
Listen to the tense he uses. He just lost out on a spot on the board.
Listen to his last comment.

What’s the bet Rothfield saw this video and it’s the basis of his “story”
Nope... but there is allegedly more that may come out soon. Several journos are just looking for the knockout punch.

I'm trying to work out what UFC and Bernard Tomic have to do with it?
Rothfield hates both UFC and Tomic. It's a screenshot from his "Whats the Buzz" column.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I know a bit more about Rothfields comments than what's said here (includes those who have allegedly been targeted by McIntyre).

Worth a re-read: https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/...er-reveals-gary-mcintyres-belmore-role.37557/

NOW SOME CONTEXT

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rug...n-over-bulldogs-election-20180322-p4z5rt.html
MARCH 22ND 2018

Gary McIntyre has threatened a legal challenge to the validity of the Canterbury Leagues Club election result as another controversial character has been forced to stand down from the board after his past caught up with him.

The fallout from the bitter battle at the ballot box continues after McIntyre – the man at the centre of the Bulldogs salary cap scandal – missed out on a seat on the nine-member board.

McIntyre told a punter, who filmed him leaving the leagues club after the numbers were tallied, that his faction has ‘‘got the control of the club’’.
He also claimed: “I’ll be back later in the year.”

Contacted by Fairfax Media to explain the comment, McIntyre said: "The statement about the possibility about my return in the future was made in the context of legal advice that I have obtained about contesting the results of the election on the ground it was conducted unfairly."

"I have written to the club on the matter, but have made no decision on what course of action I propose to take in that regard."

There's more in regards to those comments re "ground it was conducted unfairly" but not sure how much I can legally say here (just at the moment). It will possibly come out soon though.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
McIntyre was getting up at the AGM’s trying to seek forgiveness from the members for a number of years after the Oasis and Salary Cap debacle. For the first couple of times, they let him speak but then George shut him down and that seemed to be the end of it.
Now that George is no longer running the show, it seems that he is now looking for final redemption from the current Boards.
What he keeps failing to grasp, is that the voting members of both clubs have reasonable memories and will never endorse him on to either Board. He can say or threaten whatever he likes about legal challenges but there is nothing there.
The video and audio “evidence” of his Phoenix rising moment is nothing.

And the clincher to this whole thing is, Dr G tried every trick in his bag to retain control of the League Club and failed. If there was any suggestion of an unfair ballot, would he not have gone down that road first, before McIntyre had the opportunity? Rothfield has no story and is merely an outside party trying his hardest to maintain instability inside an organisation that is none of his concern. He is just a gutter journalist from the same mould as Weidler. Never any stories just hearsay garbage.

There is no story here.

N

Natboy

Let it go mate. You & Buzz must be the only people that care

Status
Not open for further replies.