3 loses this season and in those 3 games the main ref was either Cummins or Sutton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This is no coincidence. They have hated us for years and our win % in their games is way lower than the rest of the refs combined.

Not saying we would've been 4-0 but it doesn't help. We were 100% robbed today.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant we request not to have sutton at the very least? hes the worst. Didn't robinson do that recently for one ref?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
It's time our club spoke up about this... absolute joke that a referee should be allowed to cheat in the modern game and cost a side a win.. only to apologise and somehow that reverses the damage done.

NRL need to implement a 3 strikes policy agreed by a separate board made up of current coaches or players.

If a ref gets 3 strikes for failing to officiate a game fairly and unbiased:
1st strike - stood down for a week.
2nd strike - stood down for a month.
3rd strike - employment terminated.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's time our club spoke up about this... absolute joke that a referee should be allowed to cheat in the modern game and cost a side a win.. only to apologise and somehow that reverses the damage done.

NRL need to implement a 3 strikes policy agreed by a separate board made up of current coaches or players.

If a ref gets 3 strikes for failing to officiate a game fairly and unbiased:
1st strike - stood down for a week.
2nd strike - stood down for a month.
3rd strike - employment terminated.
The NRL puts them in charge of our games on purpose. They don't want us to win. Been like this since 2014.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or we could grow up and stop blaming the refs for our woes.

Today we were just shit.
Totally disagree. We played well enough to win, but lost on the bell due to a number of factors.
1. we lost our fullback and key strike weapon early in the game.
2. we lost Tolman, leaving us a bench of 3.
3. Jackson was forced to play out of position, but still put in a blinder.
4. at one point the penalty count was 13-5 to the Bunnies. They had 69% possession and we held them out.
5. fatigue eventually played its part.
6. the same infringements we were penalised for were tolerated when it was Souths on their own line.

Yes, we failed to close up the game, but you could see the script had been written for a Souths win.

I was massively impressed by the performance of the team today. They are a huge improvement on 2017, and will get better.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The NRL puts them in charge of our games on purpose. They don't want us to win. Been like this since 2014.
We seem to get the same refs, and the toughest draw every year. There's a pattern there. The NRL wants to get rid of one Sydney club, and want to eliminate the poorest performer. We refuse to die, so they are orchestrating to make us wooden spooners to suit their agenda.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
2 Souths tries weren't really tries. One JJ was talking to the ref and didn't have time to get back in line the other was a knock on.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or we could grow up and stop blaming the refs for our woes.

Today we were just shit.
Souths discipline with the play the ball and 10m was no better than ours in the first half when the penalty count was lopsided.

I was watching the game with a Souths supporter and pointed out 3x play the ball infringements within 10 mins of tolman being penalised. There were 2x occasions also that a player making a tackle were over a metre offside in that next 10 min period.

My mate just kept agreeing with what I was seeing and laughing extremely hard out loud. Kept saying your a doggies supporter you should be used to it.

I won’t say we were shit but our ball security was. Referees decisions today contributed but were not the cause of our loss.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL need to realise we win and they make alot of extra money and Crowds go up making the NRL look bigger/better than it is lol

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so another good Friday clash and another controversy... first of all I want to say thank you dogs for your passion and pride which I finally can say is slowly coming back. Yes we lost and lost in a very heartbreaking way but give credit where it’s due.

Now let me Explain... dogs today got ripped, slugged, stolen or whatever way you want to put it. That game was ours and we were the better side today.

A lot of bulldog supporters accusing us of being dumb which is me at times but today was inevitable. We lost our in form fullback in the first 10, lost our slow but solid defender tolman in the first half and had to totally reshuffle the side to suit.

Now to the main culprit. Cummins the prick. God I hate him. Not only blowing us off the park with his absolutely ridiculous penalty count, he made sure he gave them at crucial parts of the game. Between 4-5th tackle penalties which I haven’t seen so many given in one game, to penalties on there try line when they were struggling to get out. He single handedly gave south’s the game.

His stuff up with jackson and his dumb penalties in second half to not make it look as bad just tipped the cake for me. He drained us and drained us well in the first 30min. That my friends is the reason we lost today. We defended and didn’t stop defending but some how was in the lead. Souths were never fatigued like us. They just were frustrated with all the penalties they couldn’t crack us. But that eventually all broke down in second half when we couldn’t hold onto the ball and come up with some lazy defence. Souths has a sniff and it was clear they had a lot more legs then us since they didn’t really do as much as we did all game.

I believe even with mbye gone and toleman gone if the ref didn’t blow so many penalties and piggy back souths the whole first half we would have won and won well. Our spirit was there and so was our defence.

So ladies and gentleman hold your heads up high, as I am one pissed off supporter but am pretty confident next week we will come home with the 2 points.

Ps... MIA foran in second half.... yes I know we didn’t do much attack but when there was 10 to go I asked around had anyone seen foran in the second half. That isn’t a good sign and I hope he injects himself more when times are tough like they were in the back end of that game.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok so another good Friday clash and another controversy... first of all I want to say thank you dogs for your passion and pride which I finally can say is slowly coming back. Yes we lost and lost in a very heartbreaking way but give credit where it’s due.

Now let me Explain... dogs today got ripped, slugged, stolen or whatever way you want to put it. That game was ours and we were the better side today.

A lot of bulldog supporters accusing us of being dumb which is me at times but today was inevitable. We lost our in form fullback in the first 10, lost our slow but solid defender tolman in the first half and had to totally reshuffle the side to suit.

Now to the main culprit. Cummins the prick. God I hate him. Not only blowing us off the park with his absolutely ridiculous penalty count, he made sure he gave them at crucial parts of the game. Between 4-5th tackle penalties which I haven’t seen so many given in one game, to penalties on there try line when they were struggling to get out. He single handedly gave south’s the game.

His stuff up with jackson and his dumb penalties in second half to not make it look as bad just tipped the cake for me. He drained us and drained us well in the first 30min. That my friends is the reason we lost today. We defended and didn’t stop defending but some how was in the lead. Souths were never fatigued like us. They just were frustrated with all the penalties they couldn’t crack us. But that eventually all broke down in second half when we couldn’t hold onto the ball and come up with some lazy defence. Souths has a sniff and it was clear they had a lot more legs then us since they didn’t really do as much as we did all game.

I believe even with mbye gone and toleman gone if the ref didn’t blow so many penalties and piggy back souths the whole first half we would have won and won well. Our spirit was there and so was our defence.

So ladies and gentleman hold your heads up high, as I am one pissed off supporter but am pretty confident next week we will come home with the 2 points.

Ps... MIA foran in second half.... yes I know we didn’t do much attack but when there was 10 to go I asked around had anyone seen foran in the second half. That isn’t a good sign and I hope he injects himself more when times are tough like they were in the back end of that game.
Problem is that after Mbye......there is no-one else for Foran to "inject". We have no depth in attack in our team and certainly no forwards running lines into gaps. We were robbed and the penalties are ridiculous in all matches. This Melbourne game on now has even more..........

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well said that was a fucking gusty performance. Down 2 on the bench, penalties against us again and again. Dropped ball from us at key times yet we nearly won. So upset right now but man the boys put in. Just don't want Francis and Brown in the team sorry pissed me off. Tolman and Mybe stay on field we win.

bazboof

Waterboy
Reaction score
Having a hard time watching the game today can’t be a bigger dogs fan but the game is won or lost at the hands of 2 men the refs the 26 players on the field can be gladiators but that won’t make a difference (ie) watch tonight’s game no wonder the crowd numbers are down this is getting worse than the cricket !!!!,!!!!!!!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
they’ve turned the sport into rugby union!! If your team has a good goal kicker you will win on penalty goals!! In the next few year I reckon tries will be worth 10 points!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.