Canterbury hooker Michael Lichaa is on the verge of signing a new deal with the Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Being finalised as we speak
It is probably taking longer because he really wants to stay so the process is in no need of being rushed.
Hope so to both counts. I just want this really to be locked and loaded. We've seen what Lichaa is capable of without listening to Des so hopefully we see more of that moving forward.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope so to both counts. I just want this really to be locked and loaded. We've seen what Lichaa is capable of without listening to Des so hopefully we see more of that moving forward.
Yep. I feel bad about hating on the guy for so long.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He said he hadnt been given the licence to run but that shouldnt have stopped him from providing good service from dummy half, i.e. throwing decent passes consistently or picking the right ppl to pass to. Thats the bread and butter for hookers.
I have no doubt he can develop into a good hooker. Just making a point that he should take some ownership for his lack of progress these past 3 years. No one wouldve stopped him from spending extra time to improve his passing game.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He said he hadnt been given the licence to run but that shouldnt have stopped him from providing good service from dummy half, i.e. throwing decent passes consistently or picking the right ppl to pass to. Thats the bread and butter for hookers.
I have no doubt he can develop into a good hooker. Just making a point that he should take some ownership for his lack of progress these past 3 years. No one wouldve stopped him from spending extra time to improve his passing game.
2018 is his opportunity to prove himself

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the last few games with him showed he can be damaging running from dummy half. Personally he needs to speed his service from play the ball and maybe a kicking game. Just another option for us. I’m not saying a Cameron Smith but even Jake Friend at times puts the odd kick in that gives variety

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Will be - however he'll be playing with a very poor halves combination.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm.. where have I heard "on the verge" before

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm.. where have I heard "on the verge" before
I don't know about you..but I hear it all the time in my head about 30 seconds into sex! Lol!:fearscream:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldve benn a confidence thing also, constantly getting knocked back for trying to play your natural game. Gets old pretty quick. Ask Ennis....

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wouldve benn a confidence thing also, constantly getting knocked back for trying to play your natural game. Gets old pretty quick. Ask Ennis....
Every time he'd run and make 10-15 metres you could see him panic and realise he had to pass it and wasn't allowed to run the ball. Should be interesting to see him play naturally next year.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed veg. X3 good games in x3 years isn't great. His decision making under fatigue is really poor. But he has enough positives to do well as a part time hooker, playing about 40 mins a game and keeping fresh.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's hard to perform at your best when you're being held back and are really unhappy though. I think it was probably more an issue of psychology than lack of desire or effort. Players are human and if managed badly it can have a big impact on their confidence and game... especially when they are young.

I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll go next year. I think he'll have a really good one.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Sorry to hit you with bad news but the club is "rehashing the terms" according to my little birdy (board member) but aiming for "Friday"

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Every time he'd run and make 10-15 metres you could see him panic and realise he had to pass it and wasn't allowed to run the ball. Should be interesting to see him play naturally next year.
Agree, he looked like he shat the bed when he realised he’d run more than 10 meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.