Lichaa to meet with Canterbury officials this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Everybody knows that Des is a big supporter of Michael right??
That if it was up to Des he would have been offerred a contract mid-season right?

I don’t know.
But here's a thought that Des let Michael off the so called Des leash to prove a point to other people in the club, who did in fact make the decision not to renew Michael's contract.

It seems like false logic to me that the guy who wanted to keep him at the club is the one responsible for the club deciding not to keep him?

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des is gone. Only the salary cap holds things up for us now.
It's sad, considering we re-sign shit players like kerrod and to a lesser extent Elliot.

If the board had des on the rope, he should of never been in charge.essentially the next coach will be holding a pile of dog shit

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That if it was up to Des he would have been offerred a contract mid-season right?

I don’t know.
But here's a thought that Des let Michael off the so called Des leash to prove a point to other people in the club, who did in fact make the decision not to renew Michael's contract.

It seems like false logic to me that the guy who wanted to keep him at the club is the one responsible for the club deciding not to keep him?
Maybe if Hasler had worked out the cap a bit better he would have been able to offer Lichaa a contract.

But personally I don't know that he did want to offer Lichaa a contract, the salary cap is the excuse used by most clubs who really want to get rid of a player but want to hide behind something.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe if Hasler had worked out the cap a bit better he would have been able to offer Lichaa a contract.

But personally I don't know that he did want to offer Lichaa a contract, the salary cap is the excuse used by most clubs who really want to get rid of a player but want to hide behind something.
No fact is Des supported Michael at the "fan forum" and supported him.via comment all season.

Also I sincerely doubt Des actually works the calculator to structure player payments.
Staff would do that.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. BMoz (or Carr/Abbey)
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
8. Woods
9. Lichaa
10. Tolman
11. RFM
12. Jackson
13. Klemmer

14. Brown
15. Eastwood
16. Taulau
17. Fualalo

SOLID!
1. Doubt mbye will be moved to fullback
2. Eastwood in the team makes me wanna vomit
3. Elliot will be there somewhere

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. ? (Lee i guess)
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Elliot/RFM
13. Klemmer

14. Nubrown
15. Fualalo
16. RFM/Elliot
17. ?

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. ? (Lee i guess)
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Elliot/RFM
13. Klemmer

14. Nubrown
15. Fualalo
16. RFM/Elliot
17. ?
Tualau

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

1. Hoppa
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. ? (Lee i guess)
5. Montoya
6. Mbye
7. Foran
8. Tolman
9. Lichaa
10. Woods
11. Jackson
12. Elliot/RFM
13. Klemmer

14. Nubrown
15. Fualalo
16. RFM/Elliot
17. ?
17 would be tualau id say but the rest seems right if des remains coach.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No fact is Des supported Michael at the "fan forum" and supported him.via comment all season.

Also I sincerely doubt Des actually works the calculator to structure player payments.
Staff would do that.
Not wanting to argue the point but has Hasler ever said he doesn't want to re-sign a player. There has been a large number of players left hanging where the club hasn't had the balls to come out and tell them straight.

And you can't seriously think "staff" work out what a player is worth and do the negotiations without any input from Hasler. If that's the case even more reason the place needs a complete clean out. So some staff member has agreed to pay Graham $800k-1 million per season and Eastwood $600k+ per season.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Staff would do that.
Don't think Hasler has ever come out and fully defended Lichaa by saying, "Yes Michael can run the ball but I have asked that he never does" either.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Staff would do that.
Des will never say a bad word publicly about any of our players. Neither will most coaches.

I can tell you (fact) that lichaa's role with us has been to tackle and distribute the ball. That's it. We may not like it but it's all about percentages with Des. Des rates all players who follow his calculations. It may be a brain snap from lichaa or a change of tact by Des to let him run. Time will tell

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It only took three games for lichaa to get injured since he decided to start running the ball. He could be always getting injured if he keeps running the ball.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Des will never say a bad word publicly about any of our players. Neither will most coaches.

I can tell you (fact) that lichaa's role with us has been to tackle and distribute the ball. That's it. We may not like it but it's all about percentages with Des. Des rates all players who follow his calculations. It may be a brain snap from lichaa or a change of tact by Des to let him run. Time will tell
What you call a brain snap I call a desperate plea to show his worth. I have been critical of his play all year but he has turned me around just off the back of his last 3 games.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not wanting to argue the point but has Hasler ever said he doesn't want to re-sign a player. There has been a large number of players left hanging where the club hasn't had the balls to come out and tell them straight.

And you can't seriously think "staff" work out what a player is worth and do the negotiations without any input from Hasler. If that's the case even more reason the place needs a complete clean out. So some staff member has agreed to pay Graham $800k-1 million per season and Eastwood $600k+ per season.
There's a big difference though between Des saying yes I want "this bloke" because he fits in with my plans, make it happen and him sitting down with the abacus and calculating how to structure the actual deal. That would be done by the CEO and her off sider whoever that is that has day to day management of the cap related issues. Des (or any other coach) couldn't give a flying fig about how much a player gets or when he gets it. He just wants him on the paddock doing what he needs him to do. All this rubbish about Des backending contracts is just that. I find it hilarious that people come on here saying that Des got knocked back in a request to the board for wrestling shoes that would've cost maybe $5k but he has complete control over the timing of a $7.2m salary cap!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

No I'm sure Des has the major input as to what players he wants.
I just don't think he would do the bulk of work on negotiating the value of the contract & how the annual payment is structured over the life of the contract and how all that fits into the gigsaw puzzle that is the club salary cap.
No way, the front office staff do that.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, Cleeland MUST be in the 17 somewhere next year or we'll lose the kid. I'd put M'Bye fullback, Hoppa centre with JMoz, no room for Lee, Cleeland 6 Foran 7.

Question: all this talk about our cap being good with money to spend 2018, bit who is available in positions we need?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I don’t know.

Des liked lichaa because lichaa played exactly the way Des wanted.

Des did NOT let lichaa off the leash because lichaa himself said, after the first of the last 3 games, that he basically ignored the structures and just played his game because he had nothing to lose.

Malla

Reaction score
Hopefully we can make something work because we sure as shit don't have a genuine hooking option next season. Brown and Moses are the only 2 with NRL experience. Brown has only played small stints and is a little injury prone while Moses has looked a lot better in the halves over the last few weeks.

I also don't buy the whole "Lichaa can't pass" thing. Lichaa just can't consistently deliver the type of service Hasler wanted and really that's on Des for not playing to our players strengths or recruiting and developing the right players to play the way he wants.

When Lichaa played his more natural game it was like we added a whole new dimension to our game over night. He was taking the markers out of play, he had our forwards rolling forward and winning the ruck, he was identifying out of position defenders and targeting them, he was putting players into space, etc.

What Lichaa did from dh was effective and beneficial for the team and that's all that matters in the end.
Lichaa cannot pass the ball off the ground like all top tier hookers in the comp.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Firstly, Cleeland MUST be in the 17 somewhere next year or we'll lose the kid. I'd put M'Bye fullback, Hoppa centre with JMoz, no room for Lee, Cleeland 6 Foran 7.

Question: all this talk about our cap being good with money to spend 2018, bit who is available in positions we need?
So by your rationale, Cleeland is a better footballer than Lee. I can't agree with that at this point in time and Lee is 4 years younger than Cleeland. The problem for Cleeland is that he is a right side half, same as Reynolds (now gone) and same as Mbye. Moving Mbye to FB means either Hoppa or Lee drop out of team and both are twice the player that Cleeland is. Frawley already has lost his place for next year at this stage and currently he is ahead of Cleeland as well. It's the same problem we have had with our forwards. Too many like players in key roles and not enough in others. We need to get better balance not worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.