Lichaa to meet with Canterbury officials this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not be too sure about that, Des did keep selecting him when we all thought he should just dissapear like a fart in a fan factory.
I think Des didn't drop him to give him a chance of getting a contract elsewhere otherwise it would've looked worse for Lichaa if he played ISP, he would've had no chance just like Eastwood before he got injured.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If lichaa blames des for his lacklustre 3 year stint why would the dogs be his first choice to remain at. The only explanation could be that he knows des is on the way out. Otherwise he doesn't blame des
I'd say he isn't exactly getting much interest from other clubs

Reactions: DT

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If lichaa blames des for his lacklustre 3 year stint why would the dogs be his first choice to remain at. The only explanation could be that he knows des is on the way out. Otherwise he doesn't blame des

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa and Nu Brown ... decent hooking combination there, as Nu can cover halves if there is a problem.
Spot on, I believe that with the speed of the game today and the fatigue involved there is definitely a requirement for 2 top class Hookers during every game IMO
EG: Wallace & Segyaro, Cookie & Farrah, Smith & K.Pritchard, The Pommy and the Bald one @ the raiders...their names escape me sorry etc etc!! the Cows have a similar setup too.
That Nu Brown sure can scoot of the mark.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Proper LOL if they re-sign him after farewelling him, and even bigger LOL if hes not allowed to run next year

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His last 3 games got him a lot of attention so i wouldn't be so sure. Apparently the dragons are really keen

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A good result if we can make it happen.
We owe it to the kid, to let him show us what he can do, since we nearly assasinated his career.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Spot on, I believe that with the speed of the game today and the fatigue involved there is definitely a requirement for 2 top class Hookers during every game IMO
EG: Wallace & Segyaro, Cookie & Farrah, Smith & K.Pritchard, The Pommy and the Bald one @ the raiders...their names escape me sorry etc etc!! the Cows have a similar setup too.
That Nu Brown sure can scoot of the mark.
Segs doesn't play with Wallace at the Panthers lol. BA also didn't interchange Pritchard and King, whoevers fit and selected plays the 80.

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully we can make something work because we sure as shit don't have a genuine hooking option next season. Brown and Moses are the only 2 with NRL experience. Brown has only played small stints and is a little injury prone while Moses has looked a lot better in the halves over the last few weeks.

I also don't buy the whole "Lichaa can't pass" thing. Lichaa just can't consistently deliver the type of service Hasler wanted and really that's on Des for not playing to our players strengths or recruiting and developing the right players to play the way he wants.

When Lichaa played his more natural game it was like we added a whole new dimension to our game over night. He was taking the markers out of play, he had our forwards rolling forward and winning the ruck, he was identifying out of position defenders and targeting them, he was putting players into space, etc.

What Lichaa did from dh was effective and beneficial for the team and that's all that matters in the end.
Watched Jke Granville closely last wk... his service isn't crash hot.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Segs doesn't play with Wallace at the Panthers lol. BA also didn't interchange Pritchard and Kaysa, whoevers fit and selected plays the 80.
Pricthard & Kaysa? Whooopppssiiii

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
1-2 year deal be ok on lower pay.

Hopefully brown can kill it at 6. Mbye can't

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all this chatter and the actual quotes from lichaa i think they will be doing all they can to keep lichaa and b salary cap compliant for nxt yr.

Just have to see if they can balance it all out.

If we honestly go into nxt yr with woolford as our only recognised 9 in the top 25 des will have earnt himself another metaphorical kick in the head, yes we have brown and mbye but are either an actual 9? I see both as just makeshift ones.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Board: "Listen. We want you to stay..."

Lichaa: "Sack Des"

Board: "...Your skill has improved and we believe you will make a good long term asset.."

Lichaa: "Sack Des"

Board: "So how do you feel about signing on for the next few seasons?"

Lichaa: "Have you sacked Des yet?"

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Des is gone. Only the salary cap holds things up for us now.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully we can make something work because we sure as shit don't have a genuine hooking option next season. Brown and Moses are the only 2 with NRL experience. Brown has only played small stints and is a little injury prone while Moses has looked a lot better in the halves over the last few weeks.

I also don't buy the whole "Lichaa can't pass" thing. Lichaa just can't consistently deliver the type of service Hasler wanted and really that's on Des for not playing to our players strengths or recruiting and developing the right players to play the way he wants.

When Lichaa played his more natural game it was like we added a whole new dimension to our game over night. He was taking the markers out of play, he had our forwards rolling forward and winning the ruck, he was identifying out of position defenders and targeting them, he was putting players into space, etc.

What Lichaa did from dh was effective and beneficial for the team and that's all that matters in the end.
That's what I've been saying all year. It's less about our halves not performing and more about our forwards not performing and Graham has been a major part of the problem with his sideways runnings. Now we have Woods going straight it will clear the space for the DH to do his job better. Tolman is still an issue but he is less of one than Graham and Reynolds were. He goes a bit sideways but generally stays much straighter. It's the major reason why good players like the Moz's haven't done much for the past couple of years. They've only had a 5m corridor to work in. Lichaa looks so much better not because he is passing faster but because he is engaging the defence better before passing the ball to the halves who then have a bit of space to work with the backs. It's no coincidence that Reynolds hasn't been there and the team has looked like they know how to play footy.

I'm OK with Lichaa staying but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. Between Brown and a couple of up and comers we will go OK with the DH next year - just so long as they play direct.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i cant believe i would ever say this in my entire life

but

i am looking forward to seeing des free lichaa next year.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Segs doesn't play with Wallace at the Panthers lol. BA also didn't interchange Pritchard and King, whoevers fit and selected plays the 80.
Holy crap.....I got that wrong didn't I?? you know where I am coming from!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. BMoz (or Carr/Abbey)
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Montoya
6. Cleeland
7. Foran
8. Woods