Lichaa to meet with Canterbury officials this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JUST a fortnight after being officially farewelled by Canterbury, Michael Lichaa is now determined to continue his career in the blue and white.
Lichaa’s manager will meet with Canterbury officials this week to discuss the prospect of the hooker remaining at Belmore next season.
The off-contract hooker has fielded interest from two rival Sydney clubs, including St George Illawarra.
Lichaa was called on stage after the final game of the season and farewelled by the Bulldogs.
But after rediscovering his natural running game during Canterbury’s three-game winning streak to finish the regular season, Lichaa now says he wants to stay.
“To be at the Bulldogs is 100 per cent the first option for me,” Lichaa told The Telegraph.
“It would be awesome, because I’ve really enjoyed the last couple of weeks playing my natural running game.
“My manager will meet with them (Canterbury) next week and hopefully he can get something sorted.”
As much as Lichaa would like to remain at Canterbury, he also knows the final decision is out of his control.
The Bulldogs must shed players to be salary cap compliant for next season. Skipper James Graham has provided some relief after joining St George Illawarra on a three-year deal, but the club may have to release more players.
Lichaa knows he could be in the firing line, but remains hopeful his manager Sam Ayoub can work out a deal for him to remain at the Bulldogs.
Des Hasler could also be sacked in the coming weeks, opening the door for a new coach at Canterbury.
Lichaa, though, is focused on securing his future at the Bulldogs.
“It will come down to them,” he said.
“Obviously we are in a situation with the salary cap, so I don’t know the situation and how it will pan out.
“It’s a bit of a waiting game at the moment.”

silva

Utility
Reaction score
If lichaa blames des for his lacklustre 3 year stint why would the dogs be his first choice to remain at. The only explanation could be that he knows des is on the way out. Otherwise he doesn't blame des

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If lichaa blames des for his lacklustre 3 year stint why would the dogs be his first choice to remain at. The only explanation could be that he knows des is on the way out. Otherwise he doesn't blame des
Or Des is being forced to adopt with the modern game? And now wants a running hooker.

Unlikely but also a possibility

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Papa Joe conspiracy theory could be correct!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hopefully we can make something work because we sure as shit don't have a genuine hooking option next season. Brown and Moses are the only 2 with NRL experience. Brown has only played small stints and is a little injury prone while Moses has looked a lot better in the halves over the last few weeks.

I also don't buy the whole "Lichaa can't pass" thing. Lichaa just can't consistently deliver the type of service Hasler wanted and really that's on Des for not playing to our players strengths or recruiting and developing the right players to play the way he wants.

When Lichaa played his more natural game it was like we added a whole new dimension to our game over night. He was taking the markers out of play, he had our forwards rolling forward and winning the ruck, he was identifying out of position defenders and targeting them, he was putting players into space, etc.

What Lichaa did from dh was effective and beneficial for the team and that's all that matters in the end.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wonder if he knows Des is gone otherwise why waste anymore of a short career with us?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I'd say it was the first question he asked. If he has two clubs interested and Des is still coach then no way would he stay at the Dogs if he has other options.
Certainly have to agree. If he did go against orders the last 3 games as most believe and Des is staying then he would have to know he is in reserves next year. Hell Hasler has got rid of any resistance completely. Doesn't make sense other than Des gone.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lichaa and Nu Brown ... decent hooking combination there, as Nu can cover halves if there is a problem.

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
so we farewell him and he still wants to stay? wow
either theres no other offers on the table or Des is as good as gone (so it keeps being reported, within the week!)

when is our season review taking place? or are we just delaying because we haven't sorted out incoming coach as yet?

mind baffling decisions by the club

actually feel sorry for Lichaa

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The club looks like amateurs. They farewell a player who may stay and provide a shitty email for the club captain. Anyway under a new coach I think Lichaa can do very well, I hope he sticks around.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There's no way Des would allow for Lichaa's signing if he is still coach. It would be a slap in the face for him and we all know Des doesn't like to be humiliated. Des is as good as gone.
I would not be too sure about that, Des did keep selecting him when we all thought he should just dissapear like a fart in a fan factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.