$1m salary cap crisis forces Canterbury Bulldogs to put entire NRL squad up for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm sure we'd face legal action if Woods or Forans contracts weren't registered. They'd say their options are limited, no clubs can pay them fair money because most signing are done.
It's like the Hoppa and Parra thing all over again. We are fucked basically. Every other club will be pressuring us into potentially releasing Klemmer and Jackson...i'm sure most clubs would be interested in other players but while there's a chance of those 2 being forced out they will all just wait and let the pressure build.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers want Woods to stay, Woods is happy at the Tigers. Cap sorted leave him there. Carry on for planning towards 2018 season and beyond FFS

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but we are only over the cap because of Foran and Woods deal? If so, one of these deals don't get registered making us cap compliant. Sure, OK so the club wants them and if that's the case current player/s have to go. So one way or another we won't be over the cap next year??
The new signings possibly can force our hand in honoring their contracts.
I honestly feel brown is a good signing.
Woods and foran I'd be happy they come but not with the devastation they are causing. Not their fault but it is what it is.
Loosing klemmer or Jackson to these guys is a downgrade imo.
As for the rest, you can't just release players and be compliant. The diference in pay is inclusive in our cap. If other clubs picked 10 of them for 50% of what we pay them, we could have a situation of $4 million of our cap taken up by players playing for other clubs.
The board has some challenges ahead.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
But the issue is Graham,Eastwood and Mbye and others are on big $ next year and they don't want to go. Can you blame them? As for Holland they just re-signed him. This isn't a player problem, it a management issue or lack of it.
In the end it will be Woods or Foran contract not being signed off by the NRL
I agree that the club is in a shit fight and it seems to be the result of awful salary cap management and even more awful general management of footballing operations.

Nevertheless, we are in a shit situation and something needs to be done. Unfortunately this needs to result (in my opinion) in some tough decisions and some of these tough decisions might result in some outcomes that subjectively inequitable for players like James Graham, Eastwood and Mbye who have done nothing wrong by signing contracts that might be back ended.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Apparently JMoz was all but certain to leave and join the Tigers but it fucked up when he asked for a 4 year deal and Tigers only said 2 years max

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forget Woods and piss off Eastwood - cap compliant for 2018.
Fuck off Hasler, Lichaa and keep contracted players for next year. 2018 write off. Get rid of Dib in Feb. Graham, Morris twins, Frawley off contract 2018. Don't re-sign. If we can fuck off Tolman and Hopoate, great. Team rebuild for 2019.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Evil News LTD are at it again...
I Ask
Can they prove what players are getting ?
Do they know what the third party player payments are ?
They are combining truth with lies, this years teams failure with the necessarily but over exaggerated clean-out to cause chaos, instability and divisions at the club... they simply hate us !
Do your maths, we ARE NOT over the cap.
Instead I believe the club is attempting to make space to sign certain player or players.
I Remember a proverb "Tell a lie..Repeat it, keep on repeating it, eventually you make yourself believe it".
That's...The Daily Telecrap...

Last edited by a moderator:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Can't believe they signed hoppa, tolman and holland till 2020.
It's like they're not even watching the same fucken game ??

Malla

Reaction score
Is this Raelenes mess Dib and co are having to clean up? Maybe this is why she quit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
NEWS FLASH

EVERY club tells players they may not be renewing they are free to explore other options leading into the final year of their contracts.

There are so many articles regarding the cap on here at the moment I feel we need a Consolidated "Cap situation" Megathread.

Is this Raelenes mess Dib and co are having to clean up? Maybe this is why she quit.
Amongst other well publicised issues as well I reckno.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Heard earlier today that Souths may be willing to take Graham at half the contract size and we pay other half.

We are in a no win situation here.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Graham n Tolman have something to offer but they are too much alike in what they offer the balance is not right when on the same team - one or both leave I don't believe would be an issue for dogs performance next year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Heard earlier today that Souths may be willing to take Graham at half the contract size and we pay other half.

Would fit in with rumours Souths are trying to offload a Burgess or two back to Castleford.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

Imagine if they never let Brown go to Parra..
8. G.Burgess
9. Cook
10. Graham
11. Crighton
12. Sutton
13. S.Burgess
Pretty balanced pack and cap friendly

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Come on you really didn't pick up on @Serpent sarcasm??? Considering while we are down ***** could be laying the boot into us , a bit of light hearted jokes actually eases the frustration
Cheers brother, you always get my banter and i appreciate that, its just sarcastic silly completely non malicious banter.

My brothers a life time dogs fan, its the exact same banter i have with him and all rival fans, its not trolling, its just banter.

Aussies relate with banter, especially when it comes to footy, i expect to cop plenty here as an eels fan but its water off a ducks back, i let 90% go through to the keeper because i understand the deal, but appreciate you seeing my humour for exactly what it is, id be hoping most of you guys realise its just friendly banter.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cheers brother, you always get my banter and i appreciate that, its just sarcastic silly completely non malicious banter.

My brothers a life time dogs fan, its the exact same banter i have with him and all rival fans, its not trolling, its just banter.

Aussies relate with banter, especially when it comes to footy, i expect to cop plenty here as an eels fan but its water off a ducks back, i let 90% go through to the keeper because i understand the deal, but appreciate you seeing my humour for exactly what it is, id be hoping most of you guys realise its just friendly banter.
Its all good brother, i think old dropbear taught us all a valuable lesson on how to get along. Speaking of dropbear coming up to a year in 16 days i believe :upset:

Status
Not open for further replies.