Grevsmuhl sacked over fake jersey sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...l/news-story/7522870daa7865223e6ad0b061bb563b

AXED Titans forward Chris Grevsmuhl was let go by the club over accusations he sold a number of his jerseys on Facebook but never sent the goods out to fans who had already paid.

The Titans has confirmed reports by The Courier-Mail that the former South Sydney and Penrith forward had been released by the club, but would not comment on the reasons why.

However, it is understood it was due to the fact the troubled Grevsmuhl — who only joined the Gold Coast in March — took payment from at least 10 fans for jerseys that he never delivered.

In a message exchange obtained by The Courier-Mail, Grevsmuhl told one fan he needed the extra money to help pay for his wedding.

The Titans were then contacted by those who had been left out of pocket by the 24-year-old and have worked to pay back the fans from Grevsmuhl’s own salary.

But now they have released him from his two-year contract over the incident.

Grevsmuhl has battled a number of personal issues in the past, including depression, and it is understood the Titans are extremely concerned for his welfare.

The Gold Coast did everything they could for him and his health while he was at the club but agreed to the release with his management earlier this week.

Neither Titans CEO Graham Annesley nor Grevmuhl’s manager Col Davis would comment on the situation, but it is believed the once promising youngster will take another break from the game until his off-field issues are sorted.

A spokesman for the NRL said they would not be conducting their own investigations into the matter as they felt it had been appropriately dealt with by the Titans.

Grevsmuhl’s continued troubles are a worrying sign for someone who was once considered a future Origin player by Queensland coach Kevin Walters.

He was in Walters’ emerging squad in 2016 and was part of the group that were suspended for breaking curfew.

This is the second time this year the NRL has dealt with this kind of situation, after former Tiger Tim Simona was handed an 18-month good behaviour bond for auctioning off signed football jerseys for charity, only to use the money for gambling.

It is understood Grevsmuhl’s matter is not a police issue.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am confused. How is it not a police issue? The club, not the player who committed the indiscretion have made good the money themselves, albeit from his salary. Did he offer to do that I wonder, or they thought they had better to resolve the issue? Had to be substance to it or surely the club would not have done what they did.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What happened to this kid. I remember he was killing it for Souths a few years ago and cowboys were spewing. Now at his 3rd club in 2 seasons and looking for a 4th.

Strange.

Anyways kid needs help. Needs to sort his life out before having another crack at NRL.

Would be a handy lock or back rower for any club. You would think he would come cheap. But he must be carrying baggage.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am confused. How is it not a police issue? The club, not the player who committed the indiscretion have made good the money themselves, albeit from his salary. Did he offer to do that I wonder, or they thought they had better to resolve the issue? Had to be substance to it or surely the club would not have done what they did.
Fraud needs a complainant. So the victims mustnt have wanted police involved..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fraud needs a complainant. So the victims mustnt have wanted police involved..
Okay, maybe they just dropped it because they got their money back...still not a very smart thing to do as an NRL player and pretty much dishonest to even try it in the first place.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently a gambling problem such a waste

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I can't fathom rugby league players.

When you have couples out there struggling to pay Sydneys exhorbinant rents and literally working to put food on the table.. then you have NRL players (who when you think about it have it pretty damn easy), getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a season...

Yet they have no brains how to best use their money.

Fuck if I was on $200-$300k a year I'd be saving it like anything.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How the fuck is his missus still with the fuckwit

Status
Not open for further replies.