Andrew Hill announced as Canterbury Bulldogs CEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
THE dominoes are about to fall on a string of potential club CEOs as Canterbury prepare to announce their new leader, possibly as early today.

The Bulldogs announcement will have a major impact on Manly, who are also going through the process. And Newcastle are about to begin the hunt for a new CEO, too.

Outgoing Bulldogs boss Raelene Castle has been linked to the Knights, whose CEO Matt Gidley is giving serious thought to stepping down in the wake of a successful Wests Group takeover.

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that Essendon’s chief marketing officer Justin Rodski has emerged as a potential candidate to replace Tim Cleary at the Sea Eagles.

Rodski’s appointment would come as a huge shock. Rugby League World Cup boss Andrew Hill and Gold Coast Titans chief operating officer Tony Mestrov are also among the leading candidates.

Ahead of Castle’s departure at the end of the season, Canterbury have identified Hill on their short list.

The Bulldogs’ announcement is imminent and could occur before they play South Sydney at ANZ Stadium on Thursday night.

It is understood the club has agreed on a replacement for Castle and is waiting for the board to ratify the decision.

Hill is the leading candidate, while the likes of former Manly and Souths forward Mestrov and Cronulla chief executive Lyall Gorman have been linked to the role along with NSWRL executives Stuart Clark and David Trodden.

Gorman has told The Daily Telegraph he is not interested in the job.

It is understood that unsuccessful applicants were contacted this week.

Hill and Mestrov are also on the list to be the new boss at Manly.

If Hill accepts the role with Canterbury, he wouldn’t be able to start leading the club until his commitments with the World Cup end in December. A long-time NRL employee, Hill stepped into the World Cup position in July last year.

He was previously the NRL’s general manager of league integration and game development and has held roles with the GWS Giants and Parramatta Eels.

Mestrov has had success as the Gold Coast Titans’ chief operating officer. Gorman has also been mooted for the Sea Eagles position.

While Canterbury and Manly know they have a vacancy to fill, Gidley is considering his future. He plans to decide in the coming weeks.

“I really haven’t got a time frame,’’ Gidley said.

“I’ll do everything I can with Wests, now that the votes have been concluded, and help this transition.

“I’ll have an opportunity at some stage between now and post-season to take a breath, and work out want I want to do. I need to weigh up what I want to do.’’

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...s/news-story/db214d93203180e2ac8b3b08514ddf13

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like another Noad to me....

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whoever we get will need to be an absolute miracle worker and have the patience of Job if Desler is still with us next year.......

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
While dib and the current board are here nothing will change
CEO answers to and is instructed by these muppets

If you have the same muppets you can put Bill Gates in and get the same outcomes

Reactions: GDR

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
While dib and the current board are here nothing will change
Yep exactly this, while Dib is at the club he is the one in charge and will be hiring whatever puppet to front as the 'CEO'. Dib and the entire board need to be replaced, can only hope this happens next February.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dib would not allow anyone he cant control

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like Gorman, but it's hard to see why he'd leave the Sharks. He's done incredibly well there..

Hmmm Battle of the Bullshit artists, so someone has to be wrong.

NRL Lurker is making almost polar opposite claims to this.

upload_2017-8-9_21-38-5.png

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stuart Clark would be a savvy operator, smart man with good sporting background! Listen to him on big sports brekkie n seems like a stable head that takes no shit n leads the way
Involved with the nrl already, so not like his a netball man or a banker......

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuart Clark would be a savvy operator, smart man with good sporting background! Listen to him on big sports brekkie n seems like a stable head that takes no shit n leads the way
Involved with the nrl already, so not like his a netball man or a banker......
Stuart Clark was a fine bowler but is one of the worlds biggest turds...i know him well so i can say that
He will not be Dogs CEO

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Clark looks the goods but does he actually have any passion for the mighty Bulldogs?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we are throwing cricketers up what is Steve Waugh up to now? Doesn't matter who it is.. they will be a puppet on a string.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whats Dr George Peponis doing these days

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone know what kind of bloke he is? Hope hes a hard nose who wont take shit.
He's an NRL arse licker nuptie
I'd prefer going with Stuart Clark
Young and smooth operator
Knows his shit

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stuart Clark is a passionate Sharks fan, you can't manufacture passion at another club. He is a clever operator but ideally, we want guys in there who love the jersey and understand our culture.. it doesn't necessarily have to be an ex-player, at least someone who is a genuine fan.

Reactions: DT

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
What about me ???
1- I have passion for the dogs
2- I'm not an NRL arse licker
3- I'm a "smooth operater"
4- I have experience (I once ran a raffle for the local under 12's).
Couldn't do much worse (or less) than our current CEO.

VOTE 1 - HAZ

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.