Mbye: The most expensive average player in NRL history

Status
Not open for further replies.

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye was a beneficiary of the frustration and despair the bulldogs felt after having let go Thurston. Management thought mbye would be the next big thing but boy were they wrong. The loss of Thurston has cast a long dark shadow over the bulldogs for 13 years.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
i would have voted Benchi had he not won the premiership with tigers.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is our version of Kurt Gidley and Des' next master stroke will be to make him captain from the bench.
Stranger things have happened ....Eastwood captained our Auckland nines team a coulple of years ago

fiordog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not a co-incidence that both Mbye's over inflated pay and She rex are Des' fault. He brought Williams over, and he also got Mbye resigned as a halfback, on halfback pay. But he isnt a halfback.

Back ended contracts that are killing us now..

The players dont want to win for him now, we seem to be tanking...

Everything that is wrong is because Des.
Tanking now so that we're under the radar for 2018. Des master stroke!

Reactions: DT

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My thoughts on Mbye : hes a very expensive average hooker or half but for the $750K hes on he could very well prove to be a great fullback at a bargain price

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ben Roberts was better than Mbye and that's saying something.

We all remember Roberts had the shittiest kicking game ever, but then along comes Mbye with his heat seeker kicks straight to the fullbacks chest.

Also you knew Roberts had 2 good games a year so you could look forward to that. Mbye has never had a good game.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye is T-Rex v2.0 but T-Rex is a better halfback.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just remember when you saw T-rex make line breaks from 60m out or Mbye backing up a nice run from someone else that Josh Reynolds will be receiving almost 1 million next year to produce what he has at the Bulldogs.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...s-was-for-money-not-love-20140930-10nk3g.html

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ke-excuses-for-form-slump-20140523-zrm1y.html

I like you Oatley Dog

You're a man who doesn't know what he's talking about but you're not afraid to let that stop you talking
There was also confirmation after he left that he was only on $400k pa. that came from his manager, not some half assed journo or pretend journo. I doubt very much that you like me at all. But that's OK, I have enough friends to keep me occupied.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i am starting to believe that Des was also behind the 9-11 attacks

no saudi hijackers
no CIA
no Isreal

only

Fuck Des!
Des's real last name is spelt Hasller, he changed it to one L after the attacks.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tony Williams. And he does a lot less than mbye. Worst. Buy. Ever.
He was more awful in hindsight, he had a lot credentials and performances that backed up his pay check at the time. Mbye barely did anything to deserve such a large price.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He was more awful in hindsight, he had a lot credentials and performances that backed up his pay check at the time. Mbye barely did anything to deserve such a large price.
Yeh u could say sherex was overpaid based on what he had done before and couldnt live up to it, and Mbye was overpaid based on what he might do, which he couldn't live up to.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Terrible half. Will make a good hooker IMO, but is still definitely earning far too much coin currently!
To be a good hooker he would need a wig, plenty of makeup, fake boobies & a higher voice. Once you got the gear off it would be a big worry.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
How about that pommy FB the warriors got and then sent him back home again? Wasn't he on $1m a year or some such? Every halfback Parra have had since Sterlo? Paid plenty for a few of them. Up until this year Widdop has been rubbish. Let's not forget Filiga - killing them in Cooma these days!

Reactions: DT

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mybe has been so disappointing.
Terrible halfback!!
Hopefully he is much better next season in a new position.

Status
Not open for further replies.