From Germany with love...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
where did you learn English? You're very fluent
Thanks for the compliment, Wolfmother. The English teacher(s) put me through the paces. In hindsight, not a bad thing.
At least, I can try and have a half decent conversation with you guys.

Up the Bulldogs!

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Ohhh, you're EAP area or transiting through Changi @KrautDog?
I'm Tanjong Pagar !

~c.
Hello, @Lov_Dog , hello, Tanjong Pagar ... Katong here! ;-)
Relocated to S'pore (work brought me here).
Do you watch the Bulldogs matches at Boomerang Bar?

Last edited:

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
i learnt german for about 3 yrs in high school, then had a german roomate for 6 months, probably should have made most of the opportunities as I've forgotten most of it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
i learnt german for about 3 yrs in high school, then had a german roomate for 6 months, probably should have made most of the opportunities as I've forgotten most of it
For me it was Yr 7 through 10 language studies.

and mostly it was for finding out the swear words :D

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
For me it was Yr 7 through 10 language studies.

and mostly it was for finding out the swear words :D
yeah same, it was german or japanese. My older brother did it first and he told me they watched inspector rex

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been well worth signing up to The Kennel so far - good news and perspectives on the team... and also plenty of insights into Japanese yodelling and "German humour". Scary! :laughing: No pictures of "socks-in-sandals" now. Please 8-):tongueclosed:

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
First time writer here, a German (Kraut) fan. I was born and raised on Bundesliga football (soccer), a member and season ticket holder at VfB Stuttgart 1893 since the late 1970s. Work brings me to Australia and gives me the opportunity to watch rugby. Yesterday, I had the chance to take in the Bulldogs vs Broncos game. I shall refrain from discussing the match itself and the score-line…

Although I was not bred in Bankstown and despite the tonking on the pitch, I enjoyed the game and definitely found myself supporting the boys in blue and white. That may sound somewhat insane, but my explanation is that the Doggies were the underdog in the match. Also, the away support in The Caxton, those that I bumped into pre-match, seemed to consist of decent, likable folks. And of course, there’s generally nothing wrong with supporting a struggling side. Being a Stuttgart supporter, I have an idea what that’s like.

I am definitely looking forward greatly to my next Bulldogs match. Whether under the reign of Des Hasler or not - although only a few hours into my career as supporter, I do realize there are more popular people around the club at the moment...

Thanks for having me, have a great week-end, here’s to a win against the Panthers!

Kraut
willkommen bruder...

I'm Assyrian and love all things German, as you probably know you are our direct descendants.

Genießen!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First time writer here, a German (Kraut) fan. I was born and raised on Bundesliga football (soccer), a member and season ticket holder at VfB Stuttgart 1893 since the late 1970s. Work brings me to Australia and gives me the opportunity to watch rugby. Yesterday, I had the chance to take in the Bulldogs vs Broncos game. I shall refrain from discussing the match itself and the score-line…

Although I was not bred in Bankstown and despite the tonking on the pitch, I enjoyed the game and definitely found myself supporting the boys in blue and white. That may sound somewhat insane, but my explanation is that the Doggies were the underdog in the match. Also, the away support in The Caxton, those that I bumped into pre-match, seemed to consist of decent, likable folks. And of course, there’s generally nothing wrong with supporting a struggling side. Being a Stuttgart supporter, I have an idea what that’s like.

I am definitely looking forward greatly to my next Bulldogs match. Whether under the reign of Des Hasler or not - although only a few hours into my career as supporter, I do realize there are more popular people around the club at the moment...

Thanks for having me, have a great week-end, here’s to a win against the Panthers!

Kraut
Welcome to the kennel mate. Its a shame you didnt join up during a better year for the club. Im fact this year has been one of our worst. We were once renowned for our ability to be successful during moments of adversity, and we would thrive when our backs were against the wall. A true underdog spirit. Sadly this year we seem to have lost that aura and are just plain shit. But im glad we can still attract new supporters during this time. And dont worry, we will be back at the top soon!!!

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Cheers, @TANK 2.0 , @flamebouyant , @Kaz - thanks for the welcome!

@[B]flamebouyant[/B], I feel I caught the Bulldog bug at the right time. No bandwagon jumping! ;-) I suppose I am rather old school, but supporting a club is about ... exactly that, supporting a club, no matter whether they're doing well or not - a "club's for life", not just when they're striving for top honours. And if a club can count on support even when things are not going all too well on the pitch, then they become special. The Bulldogs, and its support, had that aura to me when I watched them get that tonking at the hands of the Broncos.

PS: As for picking up English, YouTube definitely helps greatly nowadays. For me, "in them days", it was the more traditional English lessons at school. Pre-internet days. God, I am getting old... :tongueclosed:

Last edited:

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
@Lov_Dog , I take it you refer to the Mayweather v McConor bout?
I was thinking of doing so. It may be something of a challenge though, given the timing.
You'll be there? Wearing an Irish tricolour or TMM t-shirt? :grinning:

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was there, wearing a band tee - not a huge fan of either, more for the spectacle of it !
Did you go? Super packed, thankful we had reserved seats.
Returning for NRL final.

~c.

KrautDog

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Did not make it over to the Boomerang. The Saturday turned out to be something of a long night out - opted to watch the spectacle from the comfort of my couch.
The NRL final is a must. Perhaps we can meet over a pint then. Would you know or expect any other Bulldog supporters to turn up for matches at TB?
+++KrautDog+++

Status
Not open for further replies.