boss Ray Dib heads off rogue play for Trent Barrett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep slowly start to cover his own arse.he will give him next year. If we are in the same position this time next year des will be sacked.
Im going to stand by what i said a while back unless we jag a grandfinal in the next year or 2 we have a long road ahead with rebuilding and hitting another premiership window. We be looking at 2022 to have a competitive sqaud again. Foran and wood alone will not drag us out of this hole
sad but true

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Manly fans begging for Des to come back and offering us Barrett.

Manly have fallen apart these last 2 weeks :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Des is Manly and thats all there is to it.

If for some crazy reason Des is not sacked this year, i really hope that the Bulldogs board do not sack Des next year until Trent Barrett is re-signed giving that shithead Hasler no chance of going back to Manly, and than send the **** packing.

Though, the most logical play outcome is that Des shouldnt be going back to Belmore tomorrow morning

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So it's the clubs fault we held onto Reynolds? Stupid *****, one less thing to blame on Des.
Good player. Shit coach. You still don't get that. You will see. :p

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score

They are fickle badyards though. more indecisive than a Bulldogs half who unexpectedly gets the ball on the 5th.

They love him, they hate him, they love him....

Make up your fucking minds :p

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
The man is out of control. Please just go away Ray. You are doing a horrible job and the fans and legends of this club don't like or respect you.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Na. Couldn't be happier that he's leaving. Actually i'd be happier if Des left with him.
Haha I think if he'd been coached better he'd be a smarter player by now and he has already offered value on many occasions, so I think the forum is too hard on him and he's just another scapegoat really....but yeah I know your views on him and that you don't see him as a loss. I still think he has better footy in him if he plays under a coach who will develop him properly.

We are both totally in agreement about Des, I think we both see he and Dib are the biggest problems with our club atm.

Last edited:

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Barrett has coached a side that's leaked 90 points in consecutive games lol

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasler is a good coach. Bennett is also a good coach.

Bennett worked wonders at Broncos and Dragons. Hasler worked wonders at Sea Eagles.

Bennett destroyed the Knights. Hasler is destroying the Bulldogs.

It is taking the Knights a very long time to get their house back in order. This will be the same case for the Dogs after Hasler does eventually leave.

Very similar in many cases.

Doesn't mean they are bad coaches. Just means that what worked for them at one club, what made them successful may not work at another club...

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
Unless we are in talks with Craig Bellamy, Wayne Bennett, or Dean Pay I don't want to hear about other coaches, especially ones like Barrett who have achieved nothing in terms of premierships.

I'd rather we even put Jim Dymock into the role full time, I think he is underrated and could be similar to brad Arthur with the eels and let us play free flowing attacking football

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, Dib has gone rogue ever since Greenberg left.

Like him or not Todd is a Bulldog thru n thru and as a younger administrator while at the Dogs, he kept the house in order. Des didnt want Reynolds & Ennis when he was coming over and Greenberg made it clear to Des that the both were staying.

Dogs legends want Pay at the helm, while Dib is starting to "try and save" his ass by enquirying about other coaches without consulting the board.

Dib is kicking himself for not hiring Cleary when he had the opportunity while it was backed by the board, but Hasler played Dib like a 2 year old

Dib got all his habibs on the board to back him up with re-signing Hasler and these same shitheads are the ones that have shot down Turvey & Baa as well as using Reynolds & Kasiano as the scapegoats for Haslers out of date and poor coached structures.

Hasler DOES NOT like to be questioned or put on the spot by anyone when it comes to his coaching. I am quite sure it is evident to the ones who have some sort of knowledge by Haslers stance to the media & members. Ennis, Finucane, Pritchard, Tapau, Reynolds & Kasiano are the culprits of having a friendly say which did not agree with Hasler

Des absolutely adores his, yes sir, you are the one and only sir type of players, Tony Williams, Hopoate, Holland, Mbye, Tolman & Lichaa.

Hasler is a fuckwit thru n thru because he does not give a shit about the most important aspect which is the club, Canterbury Bulldogs.

The cherry on the cake is Raymond Dib. He is the fuckwit who went Rogue since Greenberg left, gave Hasler the empty cheque book and is the main culprit of the downnfall of our club. Not only must he be exterminated from the board aong with his cousiins, he needs to be exterminated from the Leagues board along with his Coorey puppets
I know you cop it a fair bit on here, but I must say everything you have stated sounds very plausible and appears to be in line with what I can see from the outside looking in

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Like him or not Todd is a Bulldog thru n thru and as a younger administrator while at the Dogs, he kept the house in order. Des didnt want Reynolds & Ennis when he was coming over and Greenberg made it clear to Des that the both were staying.

Dogs legends want Pay at the helm, while Dib is starting to "try and save" his ass by enquirying about other coaches without consulting the board.

Dib is kicking himself for not hiring Cleary when he had the opportunity while it was backed by the board, but Hasler played Dib like a 2 year old

Dib got all his habibs on the board to back him up with re-signing Hasler and these same shitheads are the ones that have shot down Turvey & Baa as well as using Reynolds & Kasiano as the scapegoats for Haslers out of date and poor coached structures.

Hasler DOES NOT like to be questioned or put on the spot by anyone when it comes to his coaching. I am quite sure it is evident to the ones who have some sort of knowledge by Haslers stance to the media & members. Ennis, Finucane, Pritchard, Tapau, Reynolds & Kasiano are the culprits of having a friendly say which did not agree with Hasler

Des absolutely adores his, yes sir, you are the one and only sir type of players, Tony Williams, Hopoate, Holland, Mbye, Tolman & Lichaa.

Hasler is a fuckwit thru n thru because he does not give a shit about the most important aspect which is the club, Canterbury Bulldogs.

The cherry on the cake is Raymond Dib. He is the fuckwit who went Rogue since Greenberg left, gave Hasler the empty cheque book and is the main culprit of the downnfall of our club. Not only must he be exterminated from the board aong with his cousiins, he needs to be exterminated from the Leagues board along with his Coorey puppets
Eh??

Greenberg was club CEO, a position that Castle filled.
Dib is club chairman, and has been at the helm whilst Greenberg was here.

My understanding is that Dib has only stepped into club matters largely because "she who cannot be named" was incapable of doing things and producing results, so he took that role on.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh??

Greenberg was club CEO, a position that Castle filled.
Dib is club chairman, and has been at the helm whilst Greenberg was here.
My understanding is that Dib has only stepped into club matters largely because "she who cannot be named" was incapable of doing things and producing results, so he took that role on.
The way I see it, and I'm just making an assumption here, but dib intentionally hired a weak CEO with little knowledge of the nrl and the bulldogs , so that he could be puppet master.. he could not get away with it with Greenberg, because he was far too strong, hence raelenes appointment... you can say what you like about raelene , yes she has been a great failure,,, but make no mistake about it, DIB is the main reason why our club has turned into shit

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I thought Todd was a Tigers supporter. His family has ties with Balmain as his Grandfather was the first ever club doctor in the league (1952) & served up until his death when he went on his first ever overseas holiday in 1975. Grandfather Len was involved in the famous Bobby Lullham scandal in 1953. As a witness I should add.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hasler is a good coach. Bennett is also a good coach.

Bennett worked wonders at Broncos and Dragons. Hasler worked wonders at Sea Eagles.

Bennett destroyed the Knights. Hasler is destroying the Bulldogs.

It is taking the Knights a very long time to get their house back in order. This will be the same case for the Dogs after Hasler does eventually leave.

Very similar in many cases.

Doesn't mean they are bad coaches. Just means that what worked for them at one club, what made them successful may not work at another club...
It doesn't hurt Bennett that he constantly has had the whole of Queensland from which to draw his players & an unlimited salary cap it would seem.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Its common knowledge that the club is in a diabolical mess. Its a basket case.
There is no point in having a rebuilding plan as such. The club needs a major clean out, starting at the top.
Its also common knowledge that the club cannot attract quality players. I wonder why?
The next stage of the club will come at the AGM. The club needs to rid itself of the current board and coaching staff and start afresh.
I along with most fans will not accept mediocrity, but that is what the club is dishing up.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The biggest mistake was not signing Cleary when we had the chance.

He's done a very good job at multiple clubs, has good relationships and gets the best out of his players and seems to find a balance of having his teams throw it around but still play with discipline. I still don't know why Gould gave him the flick..

Cleary would have been perfect for this club but Dib is infatuated with Hasler and is somehow more stubborn than Des! They deserve each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.