Kennel Battlefield 1 Squad?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So Syd and Melb offline from 9PM - 11PM ...

Why don't they do it at 1AM-4AM??

Yeah .. I think for me it's a case of more practice required. I'm pretty decent at Forza these days so it's not a control issue, just aiming/sensitivity. If headphones worked via Xim4/PhantomS I'd just use keyboard and mouse and be far better (as I'm used to them all the time).

I was playing as Support last night and ended up Top3 with 1 kill and shitloads and ammo supplies.

Might be a plan for me to just trail people and constantly supply with ammo. Have one person as a medic in squad and one as support and you have endless ammo. Toss in one person as a scout who can lay endless tripwire bombs, and you have a good thing going. That said I think people are getting more aware of tripwire bombs, but that doesn't stop you placing them somewhere more obvious and sniping them as people walk past.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...le-nights-update-rolling-out-june-20th#latest

We are pleased to announce that the Battlefield 1 Nivelle Nights map and Base Game Update will start rolling out tomorrow. While access to Nivelle Nights map will be limited to Premium Pass owners or owners of They Shall Not Pass, the download is required for all Battlefield 1 players.

The Update will be automatically deployed to your platform on Tuesday, June 20th across all platforms with the following downtimes:
  • PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 07.00 UTC / 12.00 AM PT.
  • PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 9.00 UTC / 2.00 AM PT.
  • Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 11.00 UTC / 4.00 AM PT.

Update notes will be posted here once the Update is live. Be sure to check back once maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience and see you on the battlefield!

The Teams at EA/DICE
Fucking sweet a new map is very much needed

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So Syd and Melb offline from 9PM - 11PM ...
9pm - 11pm to release the patch and incorporate it, 11pm - 1am to figure out why the servers are constantly crashing, 1am - 5am to fix the issue, 5am - 11am to download another 3 hotfixes

vinnie05

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
9pm - 11pm to release the patch and incorporate it, 11pm - 1am to figure out why the servers are constantly crashing, 1am - 5am to fix the issue, 5am - 11am to download another 3 hotfixes
insert "new black screen" into that timeline somewhere

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
insert "new black screen" into that timeline somewhere
Patch Notes:

- Fixed occasional black screen when joining game
- Introduced pink screen when joining game (purple screen for non-premium pass owners)

kingroose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Last night I copped the black screen.. was flickering and glitching like all fuck. Got to the deploy screen, it was all black with only objectives, the loading icon, and player names visible.
Tried to toggled that ADS FIELD OF VIEW option under Options>Video to no avail.
Had to use the "Reset Video" option, and that fixed it up, but not before I got killed once :(

Might play around with sensitivity tonight. I prefer to be able to move around quickly, but I think that's counterproductive when trying to aim. also I think auto aim might be putting me out as it'll auto aim and I'm trying to manually aim.

Would be nice to sort it out and feel like I'm contributing to something other than a death toll LOL.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last night I copped the black screen.. was flickering and glitching like all fuck. Got to the deploy screen, it was all black with only objectives, the loading icon, and player names visible.
Had to use the "Reset Video" option, and that fixed it up, but not before I got killed once :(

Might play around with sensitivity tonight. I prefer to be able to move around quickly, but I think that's counterproductive when trying to aim. also I think auto aim might be putting me out as it'll auto aim and I'm trying to manually aim.

Would be nice to sort it out and feel like I'm contributing to something other than a death toll LOL.
Try setting your standard aim to high sensitivity and your zoomed aim sensitivity to a low percentage. That way you can move fast but slow while aiming.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe
Hollandaise sauce first batch tasted like 100lemons thickness was right. Next batch halved lemom and it went retarded and separated what's the secret ?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score

There are other controller options/accessories that allow you to aim with a mouse. Have yet to try one but aiming with a mouse on pc is so fucking fast and accurate it is pretty much considered cheating on consoles.

Bit I think most would make an exception in your case

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Try setting your standard aim to high sensitivity and your zoomed aim sensitivity to a low percentage. That way you can move fast but slow while aiming.
I think I'm set that way already.

There are other controller options/accessories that allow you to aim with a mouse. Have yet to try one but aiming with a mouse on pc is so fucking fast and accurate it is pretty much considered cheating on consoles.

Bit I think most would make an exception in your case
Might end up with a KD of 1:10 instead of 0:30 hahahaha

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I'm set that way already.

Might end up with a KD of 1:10 instead of 0:30 hahahaha
Don't forget Grenades throw the fuck out of em . I got a few hundred grenade kills maybe about 25 have been spot on where im aiming at to get the kill.the rest are just hail Mary's

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think my best ever was when I got into the Behemoth train and let fly with that rocket gun... killed like 13 people or something.

Be on in about 30/40.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe
Hollandaise sauce first batch tasted like 100lemons thickness was right. Next batch halved lemom and it went retarded and separated what's the secret ?
You have two problems there. Both completely different:

1) In the first batch you put too much lemon in. Use less lemon.

2) In the second batch you screwed the emulsion up. This usually means that you put too much butter/oil in at one time and didn't recover. When an emulsion splits it's near impossible to recover. An emulsion usually splits when you put too much fat in at one time

Mixing an emulsion sauce is an art. You start with the egg yolks and the acid (in this case lemon juice). Whisk the two together. When they're nicely mixed start slowly adding the fat (in this case, melted butter). Normally with an emulsion you would keep whisking and adding fat. If the emulsion gets too thick then add a few drops of water then keep going...

But Hollandaise is different. It's one of the toughest emulsion sauces to make because it needs to stay at a certain temperature most of the time. So here's a few tips:

1) Ignore the recipes that use a microwave or a blender. You won't get a good sauce doing that

2) Use a double boiler (Bain-Marie style)

3) When resting the sauce, keep it in a location that's warm but not hot

Here's my recipe and method of cooking:

1) Put a pot of water on the stove and heat to boiling

2) Put a nice block of butter in a metal mixing bowl then heat over the boiling water to melt the butter. The trick is to keep the butter melted. You'll have to periodically heat it again to keep it runny

3) Put 3 egg yolks in a metal mixing bowl and add 3/4 of a table spoon of lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar

4) Using a whisk beat the egg yolk mixture for a minute

5) Hold the mixing bowl over the boiling water and keep whisking. You basically want the mixture to get a decent amount of heat but not too much heat. The mixture should start turning white and thick. You want to remove the bowl from the heat periodically to avoid cooking the egg. If it starts baking on to the bowl then you have too much heat.

6) When the mixture turns white and gets thick then it's good to go

7) Make sure the butter is melted then add a little butter to the mix and whisk some more. When the butter has been fully incorporated then add some more butter. Repeat this process until the mixture makes a nice sauce. If you add too much butter at one time then the emulsion will split. If you add too much overall then the emulsion will split

8) After the sauce reaches your desired consistency, taste it then add a bit more salt and pepper. I like to add a touch of paprika as well but it depends on your preference

9) The sauce needs to stay warm or it'll split. So use it or lose it.