Can we win 6 from the next 9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can win them, if we do is another question. You can't count any of these games as wins it all depends on what team shows up on the day.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good would a winning streak be this time of year.
I think this team can do it,the games aren't that hard.
We the Bulldogs faithful deserve it.
Way too long average footy
I really want to see Reynolds get one more crack at finals football with us. I don't think the side will roll over and die from here. We started the season well. I think in some ways the media attention might have gotten to them. Hopefully they'll be galvanised against it by now and just play their hearts out to send the media a big fuck you. I always try to be optimistic and I know the side is capable of giving even the best sides in the comp a hard day at the office when they play with focus and determination.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Bulldogs make the 8, they'll only finish 8th. The 5th placed side would be just about guaranteed to progress into week 2 of the finals. I see the Dogs winning at best 5 matches in their cushy run home. The last two years, they've been cannon fodder in the finals and should the Dogs sneak in this year, they'll again lose in week one.

bantam rooster

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
one game at a time for me 6 wins a big ask . the fact that we struggle to score points is a worry , we need our D.N.A back J Reynolds

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Depends if we find the form we had when we had a good run (before the loss run). That needs the same players in the same positions to happen, which needs Reynolds back. Will he start vs Warriors? Guess we find out tomorrow. Origin being over may help too.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want this season over tbh. The sooner the better.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Winning the 6 games where we have even the slightest chance, also depends how many times we have Gerrard Sutton as ref.
If we get him in any of those "winnable" games, good bye 2017.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the dogs need to take it one step at a time. If they can get 3 wins from their next 4 then this should be a good start. I.e beat the Warriors, lose against Parra and beat Knights and Broncos. This will give the boys confidence to then get 3 wins from 6 (which is very possible)

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Other than the game this Friday evening against the Warriors, 2 days after the SOO then back up again next Thursday a home game against the Eels.....favourable draw????
Oh boo hoo we arent the only ones put out by Origin. If we were serious contenders then all those games are winnable. If we cant win the majority of those games we dont deserve to be in the finals anyway. Its favourable we dont face Sharks, Storm or the Roosters.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I consider it an easier run that what we have had, I like what we saw in the Dragons game despite some poor play and could win 8 out of 10.
Its Reynolds last days as a doggy and could play his ass off, Mbye is gunna click soon or else.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hypothetically we can 6/10
Statistically we fail to average 14points in attack in concede 18points defensively.
so we struggle to score more than 2 tries, have no noted goal kicker & concede 3 converted tries per game.
2012 never looked like winning the GF
2013 fodder
2014 flogged in GF 30-6
2015 fodder
2016 embarrassing exit

see the pattern?
yet Des gets a 2 year extension

Last edited:

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we simply have an overpaid underperforming roster
even with Foran/Woods arrival next season, there is no real prospects coming through providing depth and pressure on the top17

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Season was over after the first four rounds

No team will win the Comp outside the top 4

Reactions: DT

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plenty of people waiting for Foran and Woods but I don't think we should waste this season, the Dogs will still have a crack and try and build something.

Status
Not open for further replies.