Not open for further replies.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 5 dud players of 2017 (so far)
Mohamad Moussawel
-
June 16, 2017 - 12:03 pm
It’s been an interesting season so far with plenty of talking points. What I’d like to focus on though are the players who just aren’t performing to the high and consistent standards of the club level.

They’re not necessarily overrated but for this season at least, they’re certainly underachieving. I’d go so far as to call them duds.

dud
noun
a thing that fails to work properly or is otherwise unsatisfactory or worthless.

adjective
not working or meeting standards; faulty.

So, with the definition above fresh in your mind, here are my Top 5 duds of 2017.

Michael Lichaa
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – Hooker

Michael Lichaa joined the Bulldogs from the Sharks back in 2015 after signing a three-year deal in 2014 after claiming a host of personal accomplishments and trophies during his junior career making him an attractive replacement for the departing Bulldogs captain Michael Ennis.

Fast forward to 2017 and the Lebanese International is fast becoming a villain amongst the fans as he’s failed to deliver as an adequate replacement for his Origin predecessor, and club captain, Michael Ennis.

I think adequate is a little soft because he’s literally looked lost on the field all year round. His awareness, decision making, passing and direction have been poor. He’s been outclassed by his opposite number in every game.

Lichaa has 1 try and 0 assists this season in 14 games. His average run metres currently stands at 43.6 with 19 missed tackles.

Jarryd Hayne
Gold Coast Titans – Fullback

We all know this NSW cult hero. He needs no introduction.

Now statistically, Jarryd Hayne hasn’t necessarily flopped in comparison to all the other average Joes in his respective position but, when comparing this season’s performance to what we know he is capable of, that’s a different story.

The Hayne Plane, at club level, has taken a dive as his on field grit is in question. Hayne has 4 tries and 2 assists in 8 games with only 700 all run meters and 89 hit ups.

When comparing him to the top FB’s in the game… he’s a dud.

Ben Hunt
Brisbane Broncos – Halfback

Ben Hunt signed with the Brisbane-based club in his youth, he made is debut in 2009 against the Sharks. Slowly making his way past his positional competitors, Hunt became the Broncos’ starting half, replacing the retiring Darren Lockyer in five-eighth before making his transition to halfback.

In the years leading to the 2017 season, Hunt was named in the Maroons’ squad and emerging squad and played a major role in aiding the Broncos make the 2015 GF.

The 2017 season, however, portrays a different side to the skilful playmaker. Recently axed from the squad and replaced by his future replacement,Kodi Nikorima due to a lacklustre start to the Broncos’ rollercoaster season.

Hunt has 1 try and 4 assists in 8 games while only being able to lead his squad to 3 wins in the 8 games he’s played. He’s Dragons bound on a multimillion dollar contract next season and perhaps has already checked out. Good luck St. George Illawarra….

Sam Kasiano
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs – Prop

For some unknown reason, this mammoth of a man is having a shocker of a season. So bad, the Bulldogs have seen him as expendable and reportedly offloaded him to the Storm come 2018.

Sam Kasiano has been a major asset for the Blue and White since making his debut in 2011. He won the prop of the year in 2012 and earned himself the nickname, Dogzilla.

Fast forward to 2017 and a major weight loss for the big bopper to adapt to the changing game, Kasiano’s season has been littered with errors and has been sat down by the opposing forward pack too many times.

He looks lazier and less fit, which is odd since he lost a lot of weight. When comparing the, once feared, Kiwi International to front rowers of his expected standards, he has some major catching up to do. He has 0 points to his name with 0 line breaks and only 153 tackles, that’s an average of 10.9! Dud for sure…

He has 0 points to his name with 0 line breaks and only 153 tackles, that’s an average of 10.9! Dud for sure…

Roger Tuivasa Sheck
New Zealand Warriors – Fullback

Now, I know that plenty will disagree with me on this one, but before you pull out your pitchforks, let me explain.

In 2015, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was named the Dally M Fullback of the year before joining the Warriors the following season with MASSIVE expectations that he’s not delivering on in the 2017 season.

I have a few Warriors fans who also agree that RTS just hasn’t lived up to the sky-high standards we expect and have seen.

Statistically, though, he hasn’t done that bad for himself with 4 tries and 4 try assists in 13 games. But he’s also made 15 errors with 22 missed tackles, so it’s a mixed bag.

RTS is a game-changing player who was brought to the Warriors to do exactly that but the Warriors are currently sitting 11th on the ladder (6 wins and 8 losses and a point differential of -29), just ahead of the disappointing Bulldogs.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Got to agree with all of that! Lol 2 doggies as well :(

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ben Hunt
He’s Dragons bound on a multimillion dollar contract next season and perhaps has already checked out.
Hunt checked out after the 2015 GF.

He hasn't been the same player since the GF loss.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Michael Lichaa... Looks like he gave up SCUBA diving and put the lead weights in his boots

Sam Kasiano... Now an unfit, overweight, injury prone dud (who said that?) who is still reading his clippings from the U20s.

Greg Eastwood... Not a dud? Oh shit, I didn't know he'd retired.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't Hayne getting $1.2 million next season????

How do these clubs paying over $1m for players make their cap fit.

Hunt $1.2 @ Dragons
Cherry-Evans $1.3 @ Manly

Their calculator display has to be faulty.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Hunt $1.2 @ Dragons

I agree. You know who else has a faulty calculator? The bulldogs $700,000 for Mybe and $900,000 for James Graham and 1.5 million for Des fuck me.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Hunt $1.2 @ Dragons

Manly have lost a lot of players since signing Cherry on big money. Foran,Hiku,Matai,Brett and Glenn Stewart,Lyon,Watmough,Ballin,Gutherson.

Dragons are probably the only suspect ones but Dugan is leaving at the end of the year.

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
Agree lichaa is a waste of space also can't kick if his life depended on it. On the other hand Kas is gonna be the buy of the season under Bellamy wait and see. Obviously problems with Hasler.
I'm going to suggest we sack hasler and bring in dean pay to bring back the BULLDOGS CULTURE FOR FUCKS SAKE and get rid of dib PLEASE

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs list
1. Mbye
2. Eastwood
3. Kasiano
4. Holland
5. Lichaa

The first 3 I dont know what they do week in week out

Holland is an average winger

Lichaas a poor hooker, but unlike the first 3 he doesnt shirk his workload and puts in.. the first 3 are an embarassment with their weekly effort

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa is a complete embarrassment. What a dud!! We have plenty more this season but his service is disgraceful

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hayne has the same issue that three quarters of our team have,they are getting paid massive money to do fuck all and not being held accountable for it,the problem for the dogs is our coach is in the same boat

Status
Not open for further replies.