In the current climate, would you want to stay with the Bulldogs?

In the current climate, as a player official, would leave the Bulldogs?

• Yes, I would LEAVE the Bulldogs - Agreed with what Reynolds has done

• No, I would stay

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So I saw Josh Reynolds on Saturday at the shops (quite random, yes) and I spoke to him for probably about 30 seconds. Just said to him that we (the fans) know he did what was in his best interests, and even though he'll have a Tigers jersey on next year, he'll have the heart of a Bulldog underneath. Then... this got me thinking what if I was in the same situation.

I look at this team now, and I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at.

• For some reason, our CEO, while the only female in the CEO, has to be the most incompetent CEO not only that we've hired, but perhaps the most in the game. She has done NOTHING since coming on board 4 years ago. Todd Greenberg on the other hand worked non-stop to get the Bulldogs into shape
  • Our coach is a celebrated MANLY hero (one of our biggest rivals) and doesn't have the respect of the players or fans, and has also brought MANLY with him - that being trainers and even players (Foran, Hodkinson, Hoppa, She-Rex), and letting these players dictate their contracts (you all know who I'm talking about), something that Greenberg or Folkes would NOT have allowed, and while we're at it, a coach who does not know, understand or even fit in with our culture
  • Also, a coach who cannot adapt to the modern game and is too chicken shit to put players into positions where they belong, and avoid useless tactics that are being used and shown to be useless time after time after time
  • Again with the coach, a coach who has the club by the balls (again, Greenberg wouldn't allow this)
  • A generally toxic environment where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is going, case in point, the Ralene Castle email to the RLPA that the Chairman, Ray Dib, vocally disagreed about. Shit like this should remain behind closed doors
  • Players who just don't seem care, and are plodding collecting big bags of cash
  • Paying overs to plodders on long-term deals
As much as I love the club, I have no idea who the hell they are right now, and if I was a Bulldogs player/official, I would turn up to training/work pissed off everyday, and I would NOT like to remember the club as that. Rather, I would leave immediately and hope the glory days of The Entertainers, Family Club and "Dogs of War" return.

As soon as Castle and Hasler are gone the better!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenberg signed Hasler btw.

Anyways Raelene has said on multiple occasions that she is divorced from football operations and team performance.

You might want to take all that up with ray dibs.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a player I'd be fighting tooth and nail to get into the dogs. Our recruitment drive for 2018 has been strong... so strong that I'd be thinking that we're brewing for something special. As a player, I'd be thinking about that first and foremost because you don't want to end your career with 0 premierships.

I highly doubt des would continue this style of play with foran at the helm.

Yes we're buying a premiership, but who cares.

Management here is crap. But I'm not close to the inner workings my opinion is based on our inept recruitment drive played through the media. And general style of letting des do what he wants, which is fucking dumb esp from a governance perspective.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Greenberg signed Hasler btw.

Anyways Raelene has said on multiple occasions that she is divorced from football operations and team performance.

You might want to take all that up with ray dibs.
Yes. As soon as Greenberg walked, everything changed. Castle hasn't got the balls to manage him. She doesn't control the team, we acknowledge that, but the ways she runs the football club is PATHETIC, and the football team which is affiliated with the club is affected by that - as everyone can see.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Management here is crap. But I'm not close to the inner workings my opinion is based on our inept recruitment drive played through the media. And general style of letting des do what he wants, which is fucking dumb esp from a governance perspective.
Well the question is more hypothetical - as in, IF you were working there ;)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh wow another thread with all the same stuff covered elsewhere.

Don't kid yourself, Reynolds left for money, nothing more, nothing less.
Hey, $500,000 vs $750,000 - I would've left for the money. Plus the opportunity to play for a shit team means I wouldn't care as much if we lost!

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a player I'd be fighting tooth and nail to get into the dogs. Our recruitment drive for 2018 has been strong... so strong that I'd be thinking that we're brewing for something special. As a player, I'd be thinking about that first and foremost because you don't want to end your career with 0 premierships.

I highly doubt des would continue this style of play with foran at the helm.

Yes we're buying a premiership, but who cares.

Yeah good point we don't have the roster to be at the top this year. Yeah we can all criticise des for that but he's taking measures to build a very competitive roster next year by signing two rep players. I also think we'll play differently with foran in the side, foran never plays sideways

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no negative climate at the dogs.

If you werent a fan you'd barely hear a murmur from our club.

On the Kennel, everyone is in this little fishbowl and whips each other into a frenzy overthe smallest most mundane observations, interpretations and misinterpetations.

Not saying everythings perfect but we arent the tigers, we arent the eels 2011-2015. We are ok. Our results have been ok. Our players are happy.

Sometimes you need to step away and smell the trees.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
So I saw Josh Reynolds on Saturday at the shops (quite random, yes) and I spoke to him for probably about 30 seconds. Just said to him that we (the fans) know he did what was in his best interests, and even though he'll have a Tigers jersey on next year, he'll have the heart of a Bulldog underneath. Then... this got me thinking what if I was in the same situation.

I look at this team now, and I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at.

• For some reason, our CEO, while the only female in the CEO, has to be the most incompetent CEO not only that we've hired, but perhaps the most in the game. She has done NOTHING since coming on board 4 years ago. Todd Greenberg on the other hand worked non-stop to get the Bulldogs into shape
  • Our coach is a celebrated MANLY hero (one of our biggest rivals) and doesn't have the respect of the players or fans, and has also brought MANLY with him - that being trainers and even players (Foran, Hodkinson, Hoppa, She-Rex), and letting these players dictate their contracts (you all know who I'm talking about), something that Greenberg or Folkes would NOT have allowed, and while we're at it, a coach who does not know, understand or even fit in with our culture
  • Also, a coach who cannot adapt to the modern game and is too chicken shit to put players into positions where they belong, and avoid useless tactics that are being used and shown to be useless time after time after time
  • Again with the coach, a coach who has the club by the balls (again, Greenberg wouldn't allow this)
  • A generally toxic environment where the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is going, case in point, the Ralene Castle email to the RLPA that the Chairman, Ray Dib, vocally disagreed about. Shit like this should remain behind closed doors
  • Players who just don't seem care, and are plodding collecting big bags of cash
  • Paying overs to plodders on long-term deals
As much as I love the club, I have no idea who the hell they are right now, and if I was a Bulldogs player/official, I would turn up to training/work pissed off everyday, and I would NOT like to remember the club as that. Rather, I would leave immediately and hope the glory days of The Entertainers, Family Club and "Dogs of War" return.

As soon as Castle and Hasler are gone the better!
Problem: we have had a lot more success on the field during Castles time here than we did under greenburg. Greenburg had to do more than Castle, the club was a basket case when he arrived.

Again i am not buying the anti castle bs every time we have a loss. Where is the praise castle thread for getting Foran in? Or are only things u dont like her fault and good things someone else's

Wahesh

Reaction score
Problem: we have had a lot more success on the field during Castles time here than we did under greenburg. Greenburg had to do more than Castle, the club was a basket case when he arrived.

Again i am not buying the anti castle bs every time we have a loss. Where is the praise castle thread for getting Foran in? Or are only things u dont like her fault and good things someone else's
See with Greenberg, he was very strict and the club was like an army. If you stepped out of line, you were out the door. With Castle, Des is the one running the club. She hasn't got the balls (excuse the pun) to run the show. Nothing that she's done has been visible. Todd was the complete opposite of her.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is no negative climate at the dogs.

If you werent a fan you'd barely hear a murmur from our club.

On the Kennel, everyone is in this little fishbowl and whips each other into a frenzy overthe smallest most mundane observations, interpretations and misinterpetations.

Not saying everythings perfect but we arent the tigers, we arent the eels 2011-2015. We are ok. Our results have been ok. Our players are happy.

Sometimes you need to step away and smell the trees.
Apart from our players being happy??? This is the most sensible post I have read from you!!!!

BTW the saying is not smell the trees, it's is smell the flowers:grinning:

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reynolds was offered 800K.. near 10% of the cap. ..

Crazy deal for him which he rightly took..would have been a mistake for our club to match it ..

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll say this, and this might be off this topic a little. I want a premiership more than anyone but in my opinion it wouldn't be so bad if we missed finals footy this year. We have been mediocre but still made finals. It seems good enough for some, internally. That's just not good enough This club and this team needs a missile Kim Jon Un style to be up there with the top teams. So, no the current climate sucks but shouldn't mean they are not worth playing for or following. Missing finals footy this year will be a shot in the arm for 2018 and beyond.

Reaction score
Apart from our players being happy??? This is the most sensible post I have read from you!!!!

BTW the saying is not smell the trees, it's is smell the flowers:grinning:
he's probably talking about the trees that hang from taxi drivers rearviewmirrors

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
See with Greenberg, he was very strict and the club was like an army. If you stepped out of line, you were out the door. With Castle, Des is the one running the club. She hasn't got the balls (excuse the pun) to run the show. Nothing that she's done has been visible. Todd was the complete opposite of her.
You mean the same 'Cover up a coke addiction, a wife bashing and a cheating drama' Todd Greenberg.

Make no mistake, Greenberg was as insular as they come.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You mean the same 'Cover up a coke addiction, a wife bashing and a cheating drama' Todd Greenberg.

Make no mistake, Greenberg was as insular as they come.
You really are special, aren't you Nasheed!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
You really are special, aren't you Nasheed!
Clap clap!

You put forth a very compelling argument to back up your random claim there.

NRL To probe Greenberg over cover up claims;
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...tigator-to-quiz-greenberg-20130902-2t15d.html

Paul Kent has a big question mark over Greenberg
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/dd9855081bf98d076c259c25cb17e92c

Todd Greenberg in hot water over cover ups
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...r/news-story/0623324b4f87f761b2fe914e2bc87846

Greenberg is shifty, he was shifty for us, but shifty no less. its in his DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.