Will Hopoate praying for new no-Sundays deal with Canterbury Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I heard on nine news that hoppa is going to sacrifice his religion on Sunday and play for us if it means a new contract well well well .

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watched hoppa on the nine news,i have the feeling that he will start to play Sundays.
He understands that no club will tolerate a part timer,its very disruptive to the team.
His future as a pro footy player is on the line,said is keen to stay on at the dogs.
I thought he was fantastic against the raiders and could make that position his own.
The coaching staff & CEO must know his stance.Have a good vibe about him.
Off to confession this arvo !!!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look it's pretty simple, this game requires full commitment and the gf is played sunday, every year and will probably never change (unless Broncs want it on a friday night in Brisbane of course).

You are either full time pro footy player or you are not.

If Hopoate wants to be a footy player then its every day including sundays, if not so be it but he and he door knocking mates can give my house a miss when they try and stuff their beliefs down my throat, especially on sunday when i will be watching the Bulldogs in the gf!!!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched hoppa on the nine news,i have the feeling that he will start to play Sundays.
He understands that no club will tolerate a part timer,its very disruptive to the team.
His future as a pro footy player is on the line,said is keen to stay on at the dogs.
I thought he was fantastic against the raiders and could make that position his own.
The coaching staff & CEO must know his stance.Have a good vibe about him.
Off to confession this arvo !!!
In all honesty I'm happy with Hoppa. His quite underrated, actually is as safe as a bank at the back, reads the game well and is a natural born leader. Considering his still young and very mature he will become a great player.

The only blemish is his non understanding of what his position is within the team and the sooner he realises better days to come.

N

Natboy

I heard on nine news that hoppa is going to sacrifice his religion on Sunday and play for us if it means a new contract well well well .
I think the mormons will give him an exemption to play Sunday's if he donates more money to them

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all honesty I'm happy with Hoppa. His quite underrated, actually is as safe as a bank at the back, reads the game well and is a natural born leader. Considering his still young and very mature he will become a great player.

The only blemish is his non understanding of what his position is within the team and the sooner he realises better days to come.
I get the feeling he gained a Lot of football maturity since last season.

If he plays Sundays, prefers to stay here, and plays like he did against the Faders consistently, all the better

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the mormons will give him an exemption to play Sunday's if he donates more money to them
Yes because as all good religions go, its all about the money!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hoppa is serious about not playing Sundays I don't know why he isn't looking at a switch to Union? The Waratahs have very few Sunday games maybe 1-2 a season max. Rep games are almost never on Sundays either so he wouldn't be giving up much.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Hoppa is serious about not playing Sundays I don't know why he isn't looking at a switch to Union? The Waratahs have very few Sunday games maybe 1-2 a season max. Rep games are almost never on Sundays either so he wouldn't be giving up much.
He has had a change of heart thank god,no team from any code will want him with his demand.
That is why hoppa was on the nine news saying contract talks will only go forward on
the provision he plays sundays.
He is not stupid,who is paying his bills

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has had a change of heart thank god,no team from any code will want him with his demand.
That is why hoppa was on the nine news saying contract talks will only go forward on
As I said, Union barely plays on Sundays so if he WANTS them off then why not play there? It shouldn't even be an option to have Sundays off if he wants to continue playing league.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I said, Union barely plays on Sundays so if he WANTS them off then why not play there? It shouldn't even be an option to have Sundays off if he wants to continue playing league.
He did want them off but not anymore,I am sure his manager and family have given advice on this matter.
At the end off the day its his choice to play or walk away.
The Mormon church will not throw him into the fire just yet,
Maybe one day !

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's to stop him from playing half assed though on Sundays????? While he struggles with his decision mid game.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
A modern day Eric Liddell, we just need a theme song for him...

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's actually been saying that for a few weeks and I mentioned it here and got grief for it. I don't think it was ever a huge deal for him. He simply asked and the Dogs said yes. Now he has to negotiate a substantial contract and he isn't even bothering with it.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's actually been saying that for a few weeks and I mentioned it here and got grief for it. I don't think it was ever a huge deal for him. He simply asked and the Dogs said yes. Now he has to negotiate a substantial contract and he isn't even bothering with it.
Yeh i think your spot on,he was probably surprised the club agreed to no sunday play in the first place.
Des and Rae have had a rethink since then,seeing that our team was not the best at times.
We need a top class fullback to go forward in this comp

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This also puts the Tigers back into the equation for Hoppa's services. They showed interest earlier on but baulk at the No Sundays clause.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did want them off but not anymore,I am sure his manager and family have given advice on this matter.
Maybe one day !
Ok thanks for the info. Question is can we afford Hoppa at whatever his new asking price is? Maybe we get some goodwill for allowing him to have Sundays off to begin with?

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe one day !
Surely his 2 year mission in the prime of his footy life and his stance on Sundays to date proves his commitment to his faith. No one could doubt that.

But business is business now and he knows it so sign him up to play Sundays and get on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.