• No

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latrell has lazy D, but he's young and needs training. I reckon Rooters will move Teddy on after this contract with a view that LAtrell will then be ready to be FB

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He always mentions the chip on his shoulder after we brushed him. That annoyed me and now he's seemingly on the outer at Rorters he would probably gladly come to us. He's a talent but can see him turning fat and lazy like Sandow and Craigie tbh

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there must be underlying issues that the Roosters haven't made public. He hasn't really done much this year so you'd have to question his attitude. It all depends on the price.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Without a doubt the best fullback in the Comp hands down is tommy turbo. Slater, Inglis, rts, hayne have all called off the perch in recent years and the next wave is coming in. Tedesco is another in top form. And Dugan has taken his game to another level.

Mitchell always wanted to play fullback so it's a slap in the face getting Gordon and now teddy. He will take it personally.

Thing with Mitchell is he is 20. Imagine him in 2-3 years if he knuckled down, gets his fitness right and has the desire and fire in his belly. Will be a gun. For me he is worth the risk. Especially if people are suggesting hoppa/bmoz are the better option. Atleast with Mitchell he can score them, he can set them up and he has some decent speed. Once he loses some weight too he will be even better.
Only problem is that the Bulldogs have the worst development in the competition. He would probably end up playing park footy under Des!

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we now over time going to have a thread for every fullback in the nrl to come here?

Funny thing is i don't reckon we are looking for a fullback and didnt chase tedesco. We have bmoz/hopoate/abbey. Im sure we can cover fb between them
Mate we did have a good crack at teddy. How the hell the roosters beat us to him is beyond me and probably the salary cap. We'll never know

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Who said we didn't chase Tedesco
It came down to us and the rorters and he chose them
A player clean out involves more than purchasing Aaron woods I can assure you.

Mitchell might be headed to the souffs as they are not offering Alex Johnston a contract
"Player clean out" was inflated by the media (i know, that never happens) and if it came from the club it could just be a wake up call or boot in the bum to certain players. I dont think a big clean out will eventuate. If the side keeps playing well there will be no need for major changes on top on reynolds going

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So.....,
We have swapped woods for Reynolds and still no announcement with out backbone shaping up.

Wtf is happening?
Why let go of Reynolds without signing someone,

In hindsight/ if they wanted him- they would have really pushed for him.

WhT r u upto Bulldogs. Enuf with the teasing.
Please tell me there is a plan or is this it??

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Only problem is that the Bulldogs have the worst development in the competition. He would probably end up playing park footy under Des!
What so Jackson, Finucane, Kas, Mbye, Elliott, Klem, Reynolds, Latu, Sezer, Montoya are all rubbish? Sometimes it's just a matter of timing, recruitment and breeding. We would be hard pressed to compete with the regional teams, the western suburbs and Dragons, but against all the others we do reasonably well. We may not have been able to keep them all but we did develop them.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Player clean out" was inflated by the media (i know, that never happens) and if it came from the club it could just be a wake up call or boot in the bum to certain players. I dont think a big clean out will eventuate. If the side keeps playing well there will be no need for major changes on top on reynolds going

No need for a majior or clean out?
Mate we haven't won a comp since 04,
Our attack has been woeful since barba left,
Winning a few games shouldn't change the fact we need a clean out and it needed to start with renoylds.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tigers already tried getting Mitchell and Watson from the Roosters but they wouldn't let them go, even though they're stuck in reserve grade. They're like a fat kid hoarding all the lollies.
You know what, for a Tigers tragic you have a pretty good take on things. ;)

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So.....,
We have swapped woods for Reynolds and still no announcement with out backbone shaping up.

Wtf is happening?
Why let go of Reynolds without signing someone,

In hindsight/ if they wanted him- they would have really pushed for him.

WhT r u upto Bulldogs. Enuf with the teasing.
Please tell me there is a plan or is this it??
Because he is shit and won't win us a comp.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
First off the question that needs to be asked is: "Do we need him when we already have players that play that position"?

So we look at:

1. Brett Morris - Too injury prone to have permanent ownership of that position.
2. Brad Abbey - Not ready yet but makes a good backup

Then there is Will Hopoate who is still an unknown quantity with his never on Sunday thing. Although I voted "Yes" for Mitchell if Hopoate scraps his never on Sunday thing I'd prefer to have him as our permanent fullback. If never on Sunday is still his go then I'd scrap Hopoate. Its a very hard call, but with the Bulldogs the way they are now with a very good three-quarter line (although our left side are pretty chancy re injuries) I think that we need as much stability as possible in our backline. Especially with our halves still up in the air with the Kieran Foran thing.

But looking at Latrell Mitchell, he is contracted to the Roosters until the end of 2019. But I'd say he would have the shits with the Roosters as he has already told them he wants to only play at fullback, but now they've bought Tedesco. So would the Roosters release a rising 19 year old with the shits or say no to his release and throw him a number 3 or 4 jersey and say "This is where you're at with us".

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We sign Woods next day article 'Dogs need major clean out to stay under cap'

Rorters sign Tedesco sounds of tumble weed blowing past
Tell me if you ever hear any commentator or journo speak negatively about the roosters? Everyone is too scared of uncle nick who's connected to all the high rollers around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.