How is Papalii allowed to play against us this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't play on weekend 100%. Club cannot play him as it will glorify drink driving doing so.

Raiders are handing down sanction in a presser tomorrow morning, with NRL Integrity Unit to follow with punishment.

Based on previous other players, theres no way he can play.
I agree they have to think of the clubs image. Penrith drop captain Moylan for breaking curfew but not breaking the law so I'm sure sticky will have no choice. Just for this week that's all

N

Natboy

Won't play on weekend 100%. Club cannot play him as it will glorify drink driving doing so.

Raiders are handing down sanction in a presser tomorrow morning, with NRL Integrity Unit to follow with punishment.

Based on previous other players, theres no way he can play.
Yeah that's right mate.
Mal has stood him down from the Kangaroos team & he won't be playing against us.
He is so dumb he makes John Hopoate sound like Albert Einstein

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he should be allowed to play it just like you if you get done for drink driving your boss isn't go to say mate take a week off work
He should mate. It's a bad look. He was ringing the cops fucking drunk. He's a clown. Also some people if they get done for drink driving will lose their job. I for one would lose my job as I need my license for my job. These clowns need to learn a lesson in common sense.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loves the drink does Josh. Along with Milford in 2013 fined by Canberra for drinking incident; road rage in 2014.

Makes you wonder if there was another reason he phoned the police to dob himself in?

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
I recall Brett Stewart being suspended for being drunk and brining the game into disrepute by being drunk at an official team function. According to the NRL he was not suspended for the allegation that he sexually assaulted a young lady on the same evening.

Adopting the same reasoning, why shouldn't Papali, who is a repeat offender, be punished also? He has admitted guilt. Granted, he wasn't at an official team function but the same principal applies, perhaps, not to the extent that he should get the same 4 week penalty that Stewart got?

From Memory Tamou got a couple of weeks for a similar drink driving offence?

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stand him down for being a dumb Kant lol

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Axed from the Australian side. Here's the best part.

Allowed to play tomorrow night because the Raiders board can't reconvene til Monday.

Bullshit.

Reactions: DT

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Side note, everyone's taking about serious mental issues with this ****.

Split personality disorder?

Nicest dude you'll meet one minute, moisturizer throwing drink driver when big papa takes the light.

N

Natboy

Axed from the Australian side. Here's the best part.

Allowed to play tomorrow night because the Raiders board can't reconvene til Monday.

Bullshit.
The raiders have claimed they didn't see the amended agreed facts used by the AFP so have asked the NRL and the lack of integrity unit for further time to review the facts.
What a load of crap. Ricky just wants him available tomorrow because we have a good forward pack

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's playing, will be axed from their following game v Newcastle lol

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Raiders statement on Josh Papalii
Raiders.com.au
-
April 28, 2017 - 4:45 pm

The Canberra Raiders Board are considering the amended AFP Statement of Facts and legal documents received today from Josh Papalii’s appearance in the ACT Magistrates Court.

The Board is mindful of the personal issues that may have led to Josh’s behaviour that night and of their duty of care for their employee. Josh will now be required to front a Raiders board on Monday morning, being the earliest time to convene all the Members together, to further clarify the circumstances surrounding his conviction in the ACT Magistrates Court on Thursday.

Due to the timing of yesterday’s court decision in relation to the match on Saturday, the Raiders board has allowed Josh to participate in this rounds match before fronting the board on Monday (May 1).

This will allow the board and Josh sufficient time to obtain materials from the Court and Josh with enough time to prepare his response. It is at this time, the Board will consider appropriate further sanctions against Josh, including missing premiership matches. To summarise;

· Josh is permitted to play for the Raiders tomorrow, but any further matches will depend on the outcome of the process on Monday.

· The status of Josh’s selection in the Test Match will be a matter for the Kangaroos.

Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club would continue to work with the NRL Integrity Unit to ensure the best outcome was achieved to further protect the integrity of the game.

“The Canberra Raiders have a strong record in dealing with player behaviour issues and this matter will be no different. The Board Meeting Monday will give both parties time to consider the facts and to hear Josh’s side of the story before handing down any further sanctions,” Furner said. “We have to also balance personal matters and player welfare in a sensitive and confidential manner, as best we can, given the media interest.”

“Obviously, we do not condone what Josh has done but we know how remorseful he is and he remains a highly valued member of the Raiders family”.

The Raiders will be making no further comment until after Monday’s Board Meeting.

LOLLLLLLL so that means he aims up against us this weekend and then possibly gets the sack Monday lunch time ? the NRL is a fucking joke

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep absolute fucking joke this game has become.

The NRL need to take control of their game and power out of the hands of the clubs.

Get charged with an offence, you sit out that game and until the MRC hand down their punishment.

IT GETS BETTER.. NRL withdrew him from Test!!

The NRL said today that Canberra Raiders forward Josh Papalii has been withdrawn from the Kangaroos team for the 2017 ANZAC Test next Friday.

CEO Todd Greenberg said he had been advised by the Raiders that Papalii will face a disciplinary hearing before the club's Board early next week.

"Given that Josh pleaded guilty to drink driving we believe it is inappropriate for him to join the Kangaroos camp," Mr Greenberg said.

"We would expect that the decision to stand him down from the Test will be taken into consideration when the Raiders Board considers the matter next week."

Kangaroos Coach Mal Meninga said he supported the decision by the NRL to stand down Papalii from the ANZAC Test match, against New Zealand on Friday, May 5.

"I have spoken to Josh and, while it is disappointing for him to miss a Test, he understands the decision was made in the best interests of the team," Meninga said.

"The game has made a really strong stance against this behaviour and I'm a very strong believer that this stance is the right course of action.

"This doesn't prevent Josh from making himself available for the World Cup at the end of the year and I reiterated that to Josh today."

You're weak as piss Greenberg..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wow!! So he will miss next weeks game against Newcastle. Convicted yesterday and stood down by the NRL but his club waits to Monday.......If they have a strong record of dealing with player behaviour and the law and the NRL have already handed out his punishment why are they waiting? Because Ricky wants him to face the Dogs.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-...aroos-because-of-drink-driving-charge/8481322

Papalii's place on the Kangaroos' interchange bench has been taken by Raiders team-mate Shannon Boyd, with Manly's Jake Trbojevic named as the 18th man.

The developments come after Papalii was on Thursday fined $1,000 and disqualified from driving for eight months for an incident in January.

How many NRL matches the Queensland State of Origin player misses is in the hands of the Raiders board, who opted to wait until Monday before handing out a ban.

"The Canberra Raiders have a strong record in dealing with player behaviour issues and this matter will be no different," Raiders chief executive Don Furner said in a statement.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I recall Brett Stewart being suspended for being drunk and brining the game into disrepute by being drunk at an official team function. According to the NRL he was not suspended for the allegation that he sexually assaulted a young lady on the same evening.

Adopting the same reasoning, why shouldn't Papali, who is a repeat offender, be punished also? He has admitted guilt. Granted, he wasn't at an official team function but the same principal applies, perhaps, not to the extent that he should get the same 4 week penalty that Stewart got?

From Memory Tamou got a couple of weeks for a similar drink driving offence?

Absolutely spot on. I suppose you can call a mates engagement party an' official team function', lol. They were all there.....

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Raiders board had all today to fkn meet
Absolutely bs they just want him to play us

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he plays and gets injured ,acl out for season Stuart and Greenberg

Status
Not open for further replies.