Do we get cooper Cronk or Kieran Foran?

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If foran can stay injury free for the rest of the year then i'd probably take him over cronk. We'd get more years out of him and hes a quality player

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
so is it "YOU'RE OR YOUR" village idiot ...
When it comes to intelligence and common sense; somebody who misspells your/ you're (probably due to a brain fade and not actually because he doesn't know how to spell it) > someone who thinks signing Foran would be anything but a stupid, counter productive signing for this club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If foran can stay injury free for the rest of the year then i'd probably take him over cronk. We'd get more years out of him and hes a quality player
Yes. Let's sign the mentally frail gambling addict who is being investigated by the cops for his dodgy associations and allegations of corrupt dealings hanging over his head. Just the medicine we need :/

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You people who are saying Foran is the solution need to try turning themselves upside down and thinking out of the other end. The end you're using isn't working properly. :P

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Foran don't even have a phone, could be trouble.
Cronk is old and is not building for the future.
Build on Frawley and Reynolds.
Save the moola for a rainy day then another fully sick fullback or centre pops up.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When it comes to intelligence and common sense; somebody who misspells your/ you're (probably due to a brain fade and not actually because he doesn't know how to spell it) > someone who thinks signing Foran would be anything but a stupid, counter productive signing for this club.
Some one who makes excuses for another idiot who cant comprehend when to use "your and you're" when they are degrading others for having an opinion cant be taken seriously. BTW I didn't say he couldn't spell the words LOL I stated that he didn't know what context to use them in.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Let's sign the mentally frail gambling addict who is being investigated by the cops for his dodgy associations and allegations of corrupt dealings hanging over his head. Just the medicine we need :/
Do u have any proof these investigations are even going on still? The guy played quality football for years with manly with no problems, having one rough year in his life doesn't make him mentally frail

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Do u have any proof these investigations are even going on still? The guy played quality football for years with manly with no problems, having one rough year in his life doesn't make him mentally frail
I can't be bothered to produce a link, but if you followed the news, you'd know his phone was confiscated by cops as recently as this week. At very least he has dangerous and unhealthy associations for our club. We should not be touching him with a 10 foot pole. Under any circumstances. Calls to sign the guy are insane. As I said in my previous comment, Tolman at 7 > Foran

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Some one who makes excuses for another idiot who cant comprehend when to use "your and you're" when they are degrading others for having an opinion cant be taken seriously. BTW I didn't say he couldn't spell the words LOL I stated that he didn't know what context to use them in.
That should be can't. If you're going to be critical of the English of other posters, learn how to punctuate.

Yeah he was a bit rude but he's probably exasperated. Calling for our club to sign Foran is sheer madness IMO.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That should be can't. If you're going to be critical of the English of other posters, learn how to punctuate.

Yeah he was a bit rude but he's probably exasperated. Calling for our club to sign Foran is sheer madness IMO.
I'm of the opinion that Cronk is the answer, I wasn't saying that Foran is the answer but I was critical of his remarks towards anyone that has a differing opinion to his or anyone that disagrees with him. To call people "stupid" and put them down isn't called for.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can't be bothered to produce a link, but if you followed the news, you'd know his phone was confiscated by cops as recently as this week. At very least he has dangerous and unhealthy associations for our club. We should not be touching him with a 10 foot pole. Under any circumstances. Calls to sign the guy are insane. As I said in my previous comment, Tolman at 7 > Foran
If you produce the article it had direct quotes from Jim Doyle saying he has 9-10 trips back to Sydney and had his phone grabbed once to check. Nothing was found and he has been told it's over and won't be happening again. Hardly sounds anything terrible.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I see a lot of people say they wouldn't want Foran on this forum, how many have actually watched him play? He would make us so much more dangerous, Cronk would too but Foran is a longer term solution
Has nothing to do with his ability, more to do with his body holding up and other issues.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cronk any day of the week, but I can see him retiring.

Hound_Dog

Waterboy
Reaction score
Foran will not be coming to the dogs.

0.00000% chance. He had his chance last time and backed off when clauses were put into his contract.

The club drew a line through his name and he is blacklisted at the dogs.

As far as recruitment goes, Hoppa and Lichaa definitely wont be re-signed, and it's touch and go with Reynolds (all comes down to the contract figure)

Woods has been signed and there is a half who is high on the agenda, and it aint Cronk or Moses ;)

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foran will not be coming to the dogs.

0.00000% chance. He had his chance last time and backed off when clauses were put into his contract.

The club drew a line through his name and he is blacklisted at the dogs.

As far as recruitment goes, Hoppa and Lichaa definitely wont be re-signed, and it's touch and go with Reynolds (all comes down to the contract figure)

Woods has been signed and there is a half who is high on the agenda, and it aint Cronk or Moses ;)
Thurston? Bird? Johnston?

Lichaa gone. You would think mbye to 9.

If woods is signed, i dare say Graham is off to the knights then... ffs i dont wanna see him in another nrl jersey

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If Graham goes it will be back to his beloved St Helens he won't go play for Knights ffs

Spudowsky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion cronk will retire too but if he plays on he is a better option. He is less of a gamble then foran also what he will bring to younger players like frawley will be worth every cent. Look at cronk not just as a two year deal but if we gave him a coaching gig after retirement he is the answer.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If you produce the article it had direct quotes from Jim Doyle saying he has 9-10 trips back to Sydney and had his phone grabbed once to check. Nothing was found and he has been told it's over and won't be happening again. Hardly sounds anything terrible.
I did read those comments. I don't care what sort of spin the CEO of the club he's currently playing for puts on it and if you take everything a CEO says on an issue like this as gospel, you're foolish to be honest. Doyle is hardly going to admit his player is in the shit or still being investigated. Even if the investigation was over it would not prove Foran's innocence, it would only show that the cops didn't find proof to prosecute. The fact is Foran has been questioned reportedly and continuously, had his phone confiscated several times (and cops don't do that unless they think a person is connected or knows something) should be red flags to anyone with even a shred of common sense IMO. Talking about signing Foran is just sheer, unadulterated madness IMHO. Whether any action is taken against Foran or not, he seems to be a troubled individual and way too much of a basketcase to be a solid and reliable option to take our club forward.

People who say he's a long term option also conveniently forget he didn't last a season at Parra after signing a very lucrative contract to play under a coach he really wanted to play for.

If you want to gamble on Foran, you're reckless IMO. If you were a professional footy player, the cops would probably take your phone if you're so into gambling you want our club to take a punt on Foran.

Status
Not open for further replies.