Moses Mbye’s playing stats show suitability for fullback allowing Matt Frawley to stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've only been calling for Mbye at fullback since 2014.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Won't happen
Thanks to the genius that wrote this article Des will drop Frawley and bring Mbye back for sure now

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mbye should be trialed at fullback in NSW cup first and if he goes alright chuck him in the position at first grade level.
Exactly!! he's done nuthin to deserve to come straight back in.. plus can he catch ?

He should also be fined for impersonating a halfback

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I love how the reporter recognised that Frawley saved Des's career because he did.

There was no way we would've scored a single point if frawley hadn't tired the shit out of the opposition by his repeat sets.

Des's arrogance is obstructive

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like to see it. But we all know what's going to happen. Frawley will get dropped and mbye will play halfback.
That's des.

Last edited:

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called for Mybe to be our fullback and the kennel league geniuses shot me down
Not everyone shot you down, i have also wanted him at fullback for a few years now but to be honest i prefer Abbey there now...I actually think Abbey will be a gun fullback for many years to come ala Luke Patten.
Mbye, i have no idea what to do with him other than the bench or Reynolds to bench for impact and Mbye 5/8 though that seems wrong.
Mbye is in a weird place right now id say. Fans have shit canned him from pillar to post and a weeks suspension has caused him great problems as to his value to the team.
I know nothing about Frawley other than he did things we have wanted Mbye to do for 2 years in his debut game.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Mbye
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee (Hoppa when he is fit)
5. Montota
6. Reynold
7. Frawley
9. Lichaa

OR

1. Abbey
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lee (Hoppa)
5. Montoya
6. Reynolds
7. Frawley
9. Mbye

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Des won't do it he's too stubborn,Frawley and Montoya would never have got picked if it wasn't for injuries/suspensions

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
"Mbye ran an average of 196m a match in 2016.

In comparison, NSW contending No. 7 Adam Reynolds ran 669 metres in 2016 for an average of 91m per game."

That's a massive stat and I had no idea. I too think Mbye could make a great FB but what do we do with Abbey?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we go back a couple of seasons to when Mbye was stuck in the lower grades people thought he was going to be the best half produced since Thurston. Hodkinson got no respect for his ability to steer our team around then and all a lot of people remember about him still is that he didn't have much of a running game. I actually think that Frawley displayed a similar skillset to Hokko with a better kicking game (although after one game that's a big call to make). Some here were already quick to jump on the article pointing out that he was overlooked in favour of greyhound like halves in his junior days. It's ok to want two halves with great running games, but we've seen the value of an organiser again and our team looked composed against one of the supposed heavyweights of the comp without Frawley having done a lot of running.

At a similar point in time people were bagging the absolute shit out of Ennis because his role in the team was mostly to get the ball quickly away from dummy half to a player in motion. When he left and another player with massively hyped running game was bought in. We missed his ability as well. It's taken two and a but years to get Lichaa playing decently but many don't recognise that our forwards were allowed to do their thing better when we had a hooker who concentrated on the basics rather than wanting to make the glory plays every time. I'm guilty of not seeing that sometimes a hooker can be great when they just concentrate on good ball distribution. For years I thought Buderas was shit and overrated at rep and NRL level while if I'd watched him closely I'd probably have recognised that he was just playing an unselfish game that gave his team the best chance to shine. Ennis did that here and we benefited massively fit years. I'm actually glad that he got to play a bit more expansively at the sharks, but fuck we missed his decision making when he left.

What this teaches me is that my football knowledge is still growing and that a lot of people on here will only recognise the glorious things players do. Sometimes even when they don't look exciting they're making the right decisions.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Mbye ran an average of 196m a match in 2016.

In comparison, NSW contending No. 7 Adam Reynolds ran 669 metres in 2016 for an average of 91m per game."

That's a massive stat and I had no idea. I too think Mbye could make a great FB but what do we do with Abbey?
I find 196m hard to believe TBH... I'm guessing those metres include dump offs, where he runs a bit and then dumps to a forward to get smashed.?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really hope this happens.
Will also signal whether Des has the flexibility as a coach.

Persisting with Mbye as a 7 is frustrating - here's hoping.

Question: "One of the fastest at the club over 40m."
Who would be quicker or as quick?
A big thank you Mr Alexander, I admit I didn't know the stats before but for the last 3 years I have been saying it.
Now we all know Mbye is on 750 k a year for 4 years, if he is successful at fullback he would not only solve our problem there but will justify his price tag saving us a massive cap space !
COMON DES MAKE THE MOVE !

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love how the reporter recognised that Frawley saved Des's career because he did.

There was no way we would've scored a single point if frawley hadn't tired the shit out of the opposition by his repeat sets.

Des's arrogance is obstructive
So.... JR & BA should be castigated for scoring a try each because of shit coaching? is this a constructive Thread from a member wanting to discuss MM at Fullback?? + complimenting Matt Frawley on his effort and the team in very trying conditions?? Can't you respond with any post in any thread without bringing our Coaches name into it?? give yourself 12 upper cuts and STFU!! try responding with more constructive posts instead, this way we may read some of the shit you post!
Oh and by the way you think our Boys were not tired at that stage of the game?? only the fucking Bronco's.....yea......right>

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I find 196m hard to believe TBH... I'm guessing those metres include dump offs, where he runs a bit and then dumps to a forward to get smashed.?
That's because it's not true. In 2016 he had 196 RUNS for 1758 metres or roughly 9 metres per run and just over 70 metres per game. Still good stats but not the ones published here.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Des drops Frawley that will be a sick joke.

Do any sort of shuffle just keep Frawley in the side, he had the confidence to demand the ball on last tackle instead of going missing like Mbye and Reynolds.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
So.... JR & BA should be castigated for scoring a try each because of shit coaching? is this a constructive Thread from a member wanting to discuss MM at Fullback?? + complimenting Matt Frawley on his effort and the team in very trying conditions?? Can't you respond with any post in any thread without bringing our Coaches name into it?? give yourself 12 upper cuts and STFU!! try responding with more constructive posts instead, this way we may read some of the shit you post!
Oh and by the way you think our Boys were not tired at that stage of the game?? only the fucking Bronco's.....yea......right>
wow wtf.

Status
Not open for further replies.