Mbye goal kicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been discussed that he is very hot and cold .....anyone think the closed roof helped improve his kicking ? I think when wind is in play he doesn't judge the kicks well.... thoughts?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's all about confidence with Mbye when he has a good game and is involved in the game a lot he kicks better then he does when he is invisible.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I've noticed about Moses's goal kicks is that they all go straight. What fucks him up is that he puts too much thought into what is basically a very simple process.

In the game against the Roosters (which ended up five tries each) JMoz scored a try in the 77th minute. To get the game started ASAP he literally threw the ball at Moses bellowing something like "Just kick the fucken' thing". Which Moses obligingly did with the ball going like a bullet over the bar and between the posts.

Therefore Moses with all future goal kicks you shall:
  • Not think
  • Place goal kicking tee on ground pointed at the black mark on the crossbar
  • Place ball on tee pointed at the black mark on the crossbar
  • Take your usual steps back from ball prior to the kick
  • Just kick the fucken' thing straight
DaDa... problem solved.

Reactions: DT

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He just needs training.
He's a sweet kicker of the ball, barely leans into it, and kicks very straight too (like hodko).
What he needs is to be told "you're it, you're taking all the conversions" and some intensive training with chook or has.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He just needs training.
He's a sweet kicker of the ball, barely leans into it, and kicks very straight too (like hodko).
What he needs is to be told "you're it, you're taking all the conversions" and some intensive training with chook or has.
Seeing that the kicking is so inportant in every game,i would have thought that the club has a specific coach in that field.
Mybe should have had the same training and practice as holland in the off season,keeping sharp and in good form at all times.
We can not afford to be dropping games due to kicking,this will hurt us in the long run.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seeing that the kicking is so inportant in every game,i would have thought that the club has a specific coach in that field.
Mybe should have had the same training and practice as holland in the off season,keeping sharp and in good form at all times.
We can not afford to be dropping games due to kicking,this will hurt us in the long run.
I agree.
However I suspect that the no1 kicker does more work than the backups.
He needs to practice like he's the no1.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree.
However I suspect that the no1 kicker does more work than the backups.
He needs to practice like he's the no1.
Your spot on,he has plenty of time to practice
So at least the ball goes close to the sticks,that would be helpfull.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mbye doesn't have an action technique, he tends to switch it up alot which will mean he will always be inconsistent.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Get Holland back, shoots like a shark pool player, until then unless you can find a better kicker than Moses under pressure, he is the only kicker willing to be the next Thurston.
In the big picture our tries cannot be converted from the sideline so we need an extra one.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
there are only one of the two reasons to his consistent pathetic goal kicking which we have seen for more than 2 years now:

a- either he is the worst learner and trainee ever to wear a bulldog jersey
b- He doesnt practice kicking goals at all during the training and only takes shots 10 minutes before the start of the game.

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Different theories but I can't help but think that if he shoots 50 or so every training session than he should improve without sight. Get El Magic in.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mbye is not a half.
Mbye is not a goal kicker.
If he was, there wouldn't be a thread talking about it.
Can anyone imagine a thread asking the question of El Masri or Halligan?
They were goal kickers.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Get Holland back, shoots like a shark pool player, until then unless you can find a better kicker than Moses under pressure, he is the only kicker willing to be the next Thurston.
In the big picture our tries cannot be converted from the sideline so we need an extra one.
Problem with Holland is he isn't as good a center as Jmoz or Lee, as good a winger as Bmoz or Montoya - so where does he play? We essentially waste a position on picking Holland as a goal kicker

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem with Holland is he isn't as good a center as Jmoz or Lee, as good a winger as Bmoz or Montoya - so where does he play? We essentially waste a position on picking Holland as a goal kicker
I guess it's a case of whether the extra goals make up for the reduction in tries.

Or Mbye improves...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
3 from 4 last week including couple from the sidelines so he's improving

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have been spoilt of goodgoalkickers historically, 2 of which are greatest of all time in Halligan and El-Masri.

Hokko was good too and we dropped the ball with him, not only was he a genuine half, he was a good goal kicker.

Montoya is a much better wing option to Holland in my opinion so that means Mybe will need to be our full time kicker. He strikes the ball sweetly, so perhaps it's just a mindset that needs to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.