Nothing has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tillo

Waterboy
Reaction score
Anyone watching the Tigers game!! Now why can't we play like that. Tigers along with Panthers and Raiders from last year showing us the way.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Been saying it all off season
No kicking game
No plan b
No fullback positioning
No line speed
No fight in tackle
No support play
No attitude
And no set plays
Plus old injury prone men (Morris & Morris), players picked out of position (Hopoate, Holland, Mbye, Klemmer & Eastwood) and one that shouldm\n't be there (Tolman) only make the problems we have worse and therefore impossible to to get right.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys who say things have changed have a season of heartbreak and frustration to look forward to.

So what if mbye and Reynolds are touching the ball more? They still can't kick or manage a game like a Cronk or a smith or a Thurston can.

We still have long patches of games where it looks like our players have never played league in their lives.

We still plod to the defensive line with tolman, and even graham looks harmless these days.

We are nowhere near even close to being a top 8 side.
you son are funny.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that in attack the first receiver was way too deep forcing the dummy half to throw a lolly pop of pass and by the time it reached the player the storm were right on top of them. It happened a few timesZ

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will be in shit for the next 4 years, 1,6,7,9 not one rep player.. rebuilding guys stage , of course our coach...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Marley wake up mate your bagging the wrong people. Mbye is the issue. Not his fault as someone else said he cashed in on hype and the fear we would do another jt error. Instead we made the error giving him anything
Yh probs not.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
those fans that are saying nothing changed, or that we are just as bad or worse than last year. you probably should stop watching till around round 6.
in fact if we had just played a forward dominated game such as Tolman and Graham playing as halves we probably would have won that game.
but we threw the dice and changed things up, so we'll done. still lots of work to do but it's round 1.
had to have a chuckle on tackle 4 when Tolman was running a line called for the ball and lichaa passed behind his back to a half.. Tolman looked lost.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that in attack the first receiver was way too deep forcing the dummy half to throw a lolly pop of pass and by the time it reached the player the storm were right on top of them. It happened a few timesZ
That's Des' idea of playing with depth lol. We got nothing, our players have been overcoached and it's too hard to turn around in a season. Players haven't developed the way they should and Des is still obsessed with a terrible gameplan.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty fucking disapppointed with what i saw. Des may have changed the structures but the way we are trying to win games is still exactly the same. All we did was setup for a shift to the right edge all game long, we are obsessed with playing around sides. Whats the point it letting our halves touch the ball more when the only option is to pass to their outside or run with no support? Why can't our forwards actually run some lines? Why can't we use a change of angles? Fuck me i can go on, we can't even do a decent kick off. What the fuck is that Manly scum doing with the boys at training?
The answer to your questions is: "They don't know how to". Hasler has had our side focused on defence, defence and more defence from 2013 . The problem there is that its physically impossible to tackle all day so they get points scored against them. Then when its time to attack the forwards put on a few slow mo hit ups which are useless. Then the backs get hold of the ball and say : "What the fuck's this?" And then it turns into a game of pass the parcel and we get creamed by the oppo's defence.

We sometimes score a few points and we sometimes win a few games but the best we can look forward to is the arse end of the top eight. And then its see you later after the first play off. Lichee tried a couple of things that went nowhere and Brenko Lee tried a few things but fucked most of it up with mission impossible passes. He did look classy in Reynolds try though.

But basically, wha's changed is fuck all.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yh probs not.
Cant help you cant see the truth. Mbye is a overhyped dud. We took the punt and he is trash. Reynolds is far better. Says enough for us cause he's no star. You can attempt to shift it and blame des or whoever you want. Des wasn't the coach in the all stars and mbye was the worst player on the field. He has talked and talked and talked and unfortunately not delivered. I want nothing more then to see us produce outstanding players. Sadly he isn't one.

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To start on a positive note, it was good to see the team throwing the ball around, particularly given the challenging conditions.

On the negative, the lack thereof class in our spine was evident.

Our kicking game is terrible and our halves struggle making good decisions with ball in hand.

Lichaa, who played well I thought, simply struggles to deliver swift pinpoint passes from dummy half, he just takes too long standing to pass the ball and he tends to lob it...its not allowing our forwards to dominate and its stifling our attack.

Hoppa offers nothing to our backline i.e. he's not a ball playing fullback which is critical in the modern era

Watching the Tigers tonight, they looked super sharp in attack. very jealous!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cant help you cant see the truth. Mbye is a overhyped dud. We took the punt and he is trash. Reynolds is far better. Says enough for us cause he's no star. You can attempt to shift it and blame des or whoever you want. Des wasn't the coach in the all stars and mbye was the worst player on the field. He has talked and talked and talked and unfortunately not delivered. I want nothing more then to see us produce outstanding players. Sadly he isn't one.
Moses scored more tries, created more tries and had over double the line break assists as Reynolds last season. If Moses was trash then i hate to think what Reynolds is.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moses scored more tries, created more tries and had over double the line break assists as Reynolds last season. If Moses was trash then i hate to think what Reynolds is.
They're both trash
Couldn't score or create a hole in a thai brothel with a fist full of hundgiessss

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They're both trash
Couldn't score or create a hole in a thai brothel with a fist full of hundgiessss
Well you need forwards to actually run some lines so the halves even have a chance to create to start with.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well you need forwards to actually run some lines so the halves even have a chance to create to start with.
Marley I'm one of your fans usually but the novelty factor with mbye has officially worn off with me tonight
I wish he'd seek a release and leave so we could try buy Moses and brooks or Moses and teddy on a zillion dollars each

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Marley I'm one of your fans usually but the novelty factor with mbye has officially worn off with me tonight
I wish he'd seek a release and leave so we could try buy Moses and brooks or Moses and teddy on a zillion dollars each
Okay.

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Things wont change anyone that thinks it will are kidding themselves,when u a passing left to right and going back 10metres before it hits your player it usually means u arent going to go to far, if fans watch replay thats exactly what we were doing,to be honest i think it's embarrassing for the fans and club for what we have become,any other team would of pumped melb on there performance,we did not look dangerous at all,its a shame this club has become a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.