a gauge on the popularity of the 9's

your level of interest

• watched every game...

• watched as much as i was able...

• watched just the finals...

• watched just dogs...

• not interested at all in 9's...

• listened on radio at work cos, why not...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Am interested to see what this carnival means to the punters here...
I only watched the dogs game to get a look at a couple of pups... It holds virtually zero interest for me..

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I don't even consider it the same sport. It's touch football

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I was so bored watching it this year. It probably doesn't help that we don't try. I don't think I'll watch next year.

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I was so bored watching it this year. It probably doesn't help that we don't try. I don't think I'll watch next year.
I did the same for me last year... I'll watch every game of NRL irrespective of wh is playing cos I love the game with a passion... 9s footy just holds no meaning for me... Even if we were to win it, I wouldn't be bragging, id laugh at myself just like I laughed at eels supporters last year...

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've only ever seen highlights on the news and some shots of players injured. I thought about watching some of the series at a pub to get some idea of who might press for an Nrl support. In t the end I didn't bother.

To me this is just a preseason cash grab from pay tv providers and the NRL.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
You won't get an accurate response based on the contempt our club show's towards it. IF we gave it a crack each year and were competitive than I am certain we would get behind it. We all know 9's is 9's but as fans we want any excuse to cheer our guys and give shit to other club's fans.....am I wrong?

For the record I watched our first game, recorded then watched the second and then didn't bother on the third. I'm disappointed and embarrassed at our club.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I watched a total of about 2 mins & that was several games.

It holds no interest to me.

I would be so pissed, if one of my players had a season ending injury in these type of 'competitions'

And no, I don't blame the Dogs players for not trying.

To me this is just a preseason cash grab from pay tv providers and the NRL.
That's how I feel.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Do the same people who didn't watch this, ever watch the Rugby League World Cup games where they had knockouts??
Would the same people bother with Magic Weekend at ESL?

I quite enjoy seeing some of the faster players in the game being able to get in free space and let rip. Not to mention teams tossing the ball around and chancing their hands. That's what Rugby League was many moons ago (if you look at some of the historic games).

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I used to love watching the Amco Cup etc.

That's what a footy comp should be, not a mickey mouse game.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like watching some of the young players from various teams especially the cowboys (Ponga and Mosby-Gela) and also the roosters and panthers guys

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I cant cop the negativity it's a good comp - I get our club not sending guys like bmoz but players like mbye/hoppa/lee and reynolds should all be playing

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Do the same people who didn't watch this, ever watch the Rugby League World Cup games where they had knockouts??
Would the same people bother with Magic Weekend at ESL?

I quite enjoy seeing some of the faster players in the game being able to get in free space and let rip. Not to mention teams tossing the ball around and chancing their hands. That's what Rugby League was many moons ago (if you look at some of the historic games).
Not sure about your comparisons.

Magic weekend is an actual round of Super League.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Its just poorly integrated. Put competition points up for grabs and you'll see a big shift in interest. For example:

Quarter final winners: 1 point
Semi final winners: 1 point
Grand final winners: 1 point
Clean sweep/no losses: 1 point

Hell, take it a step further and run 9's comps in conjunction with Origin in the host city over a weekend

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its just poorly integrated. Put competition points up for grabs and you'll see a big shift in interest. For example:

Hell, take it a step further and run 9's comps in conjunction with Origin in the host city over a weekend
Great idea then it would be taken seriously

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I like that your throwing up some innovative ideas, the origin carnival in particular...
Not sold on it having comp points allotted...
I still wouldn't watch it though, I think its poor mans footy...

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I love the 9's. Means nothing to us but after months of no footy I can't wait for it to come around. Not a fan of all stars though.. mainly cos it's the no stars now.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I just guessed we got raped every game (which later got confirmed) and only way I knew Jewsters won is when some Cafe latte drinking **** in hospital mentioned it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Much prefer the nines over the Indigenous vs Fauxstars game.

If it goes to Brisbane or Melb I'd seriously consider going if I have the money.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good concept, just love to see attacking players have a good crack at it. From memory none of the Dogs really impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.