Holland - quicker than we all think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Noticed in tonights game when Roberts made the break Dutchy comes absolutely flying from outside the frame and only backs off at the last moment.

Seems that Holland may actually be much faster at full stride that I thought he was (to be able to stick with Roberts).

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The fox commentators where talking about Roberts putting on his afterburners...... we had a few guys chasing (and catching up to him), all had to turn around and chase, some came from the other side of the field...... I suspect we have more pace in a few places that we, or others don't quite credit.

Perrett, Holland, and Bmoz all looked pretty damn fast there. Mbye put on a good chase for a short distance, but considering Perrett and Holland both came from the other side and got to the line a fraction late, they both showed some motor. Given Roberts is Roberts, the chase there was a bit of a eye opener, and given Holland has shown he has good footwork at the line at times, he could be a very handy back in the next few years, being able to break through the line, then pile on the pace is always a recipe for success.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Holland is getting better every game , maybe not his goal kicking , but I will never understand the dislike for duchy on this forum.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When I saw him play in Wellington v Warriors he looked quick
Unfortunately J Moz is back unless the unthinkable happens and Perrett gets dropped.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wtf? Lol perrett is nowhere near fast lol roberts was in 2nd gear and b morris has just come back from a long lay off.

Please nobody mention perrett and fast in the same breath.

As for dutchy I see him as a jonothon wright type of player or a Ashford..
The dogs and there supporters love give those players a good chance.

I think he is rubbish

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just wish he would pass the ball once or twice..keep the opposition thinking.
They just know he's going to run back on the inside and not pass it!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Roberts didn't really even hit top gear would have loved to see a match fit Bmoz chasing.

In a fully fit team there's no place for Holland and before anyone mentions his goal-kicking its suspect at best.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the kid gets a bad rap on here.. id much prefer him stay in the team than Perrett when we are back to full strength.. Especially if he can get his kicking in order ...

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They were all running in a bee line towards the post, thats why it looked as if Perrett and Holland were gaining ground. If Roberts had run straight for the corner, Perrett and Holland wouldnt even enter the frame.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His defence is great, but has trouble beating his opposite defender 90% of the time.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roberts didn't really even hit top gear would have loved to see a match fit Bmoz chasing.

In a fully fit team there's no place for Holland and before anyone mentions his goal-kicking its suspect at best.
How would you possibly know that?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
How would you possibly know that?
How would I know what ? That his kicking is suspect at best ? Have you watched him kick ? When he strikes a ball well it's great but the problem is it takes him 5 other kicks before he strikes it great.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland is getting better every game , maybe not his goal kicking , but I will never understand the dislike for duchy on this forum.
Feel the exact same way I love the bloke

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
jmos will be in for him next week and our score will go up in fours......actually we may as well just not bother with taking the kick at goal

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm actually not a big fan of Holland. His goal kicking is average. His defence is pretty good, but has nothing in attack IMO. He got a lot of decent ball last night but just does not look threatening. Wouldn't say he is a bad player, but when J-moz is fit I would put him at right centre ahead of Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.