Greg Eastwood new contract offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say fan days for you others who arent connected. As Ive said...Im connected and have personally met many players. Enough said already. I also attend every home game. We have a clearly different feel about us if the Beast isnt there. Trust me. Perhaps go to a few more games....compare games when he is or isnt there...watch the warmups....you will see what Im talking about.
The Beast snuffs out more half chances than any other player in our side. He reads the game and support runner better than almost anyone. Hey, maybe Im the same page as management. Well blow me down. Neither me nor management know a good player when we see one.

For all kennelers that dnt know glendoggies is actually the great brett finch and knows more players and about rugby league than the kennel combined.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoggiesUtd

ps3- DoggiesUtd
Reaction score
glad we can get Beast resigned...deserves to stay here..
but what about Jackson...isnt he off contract end of this season?
surely we cant lose him?

SEastwood

New Pup
Reaction score
Who the fuck are you calling a monkey you racist fuck? Ohh and he played for the number 1 kiwi side? Hahaha. That side is 3rd rate that he made. He sure as fuck doesn't make it when the better players are available. Did he tour England last year with them? Na, he fucking didn't.

Are you dumb? He chose not to so he could get better and fitter during pre season

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
Marley .. I mean Adrian ... you have a way of sucking the air out of a room.

I hazard to guess you live a miserable life ... glass half empty ... I'm sure you will defend saying it's just being realistic ... well you should join your mate the Nark and setup your own talk show

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He is mates with that clown finchie remember
OK then I will talk as if Im not connected. The reason I say it was because I thought it added some reality to a discussion about the worth of a player to a team, in this case the Beast, if you can argue an insight into the team and Club that major sponsors and the like enjoy over other fans. If it offends you I wont mention it again. The connection didnt help 1 iota when I tried to convince people that M Ennis had a few moe good years in him.
I dont know Finchie......I just went into bat for him when he was suffering from a mental illness. I should have wrote my approval for finchie on the RU OK thread. I just cant stand people slagging off other people when they dont know them. So if you dont know someone, say something nice or dont say anything at all my mother always used to say.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
For all kennelers that dnt know glendoggies is actually the great brett finch and knows more players and about rugby league than the kennel combined.
Wish I had your nous Legend. There are lots of people connected to clubs that are imbeciles. I may be one of them. P Sterling had his head kicked in and credibility questioned by other experts when he left Gallen out of his SOO team. Your an authority on the game Legend so if you were to say Eastwood is shit people may pay more attention than if a taxi driver said it. We all watch and love our Dogs. We all have opinions of whos worth keeping. Its just that some opinions are forged with knowledge others may not know about. If youd rather I not share my inside information dont read my posts.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Obviously didn't work.
You not aware of the Beasts increased minutes this year? Or the fact hes the fittest hes ever been according to the clubs cardio guys. What games are you watching champ?The Beasts work rate is being applauded weekly inside the club. Goes to show what you know.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You not aware of the Beasts increased minutes this year? Or the fact hes the fittest hes ever been according to the clubs cardio guys. What games are you watching champ?The Beasts work rate is being applauded weekly inside the club. Goes to show what you know.
Are you aware he has increased minutes only because he has been shifted to the edge? You know where he can bludge more? His average minutes while playing at lock are 47, that is a 1 minute increase on last season. Add in his next few games while he has played on the left edge and his average jumps up to 53. So no there is no real change in his minutes compared to last season until he moved out wide. And we all know playing out wide isn't as taxing on the body.

Now lets look at some other key stats that relate to his workrate.
21.95 tackles per game
10.09 hitups per game
87.91 metres per game
8.71 metres per run
0.47 tackles per minute
0.22 hitups per minute
1.88 metres per minute

25.20 tackles per game
9.30 hitups per game
69.00 metres per game
7.42 metres per game
0.47 tackles per minute
0.17 hitups per minute
1.22 metres per minute

So there you fucking have it. A clear drop in workrate and quality compared to last season that back up my observations and opinion, so don't spew crap like praising Eastwoods workrate ffs. Obviously i don't have access to certain stats as that data is not made available and im sure you being the expert you are should know what stats im taking about. But im willing to bet there is no sort of improvement in that department.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep there certainly is champ. The effectiveness of his tackles has improved as has his repeat tackles.
You cant compare season on season because depends what teams weve played, and we are only now approaching the half way mark so skewed sample. Hes also the fittest hes ever been according to cardio. I do agree his run metres are down.
As a forward though there arent many in the comp Id swap him for. Its the intangibles he brings to the side - the confidence he instills and mentorship of younger players that escalates his value.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you aware he has increased minutes only because he has been shifted to the edge? You know where he can bludge more? His average minutes while playing at lock are 47, that is a 1 minute increase on last season. Add in his next few games while he has played on the left edge and his average jumps up to 53. So no there is no real change in his minutes compared to last season until he moved out wide. And we all know playing out wide isn't as taxing on the body.

Now lets look at some other key stats that relate to his workrate.
21.95 tackles per game
10.09 hitups per game
87.91 metres per game
8.71 metres per run
0.47 tackles per minute
0.22 hitups per minute
1.88 metres per minute

25.20 tackles per game
9.30 hitups per game
69.00 metres per game
7.42 metres per game
0.47 tackles per minute
0.17 hitups per minute
1.22 metres per minute

So there you fucking have it. A clear drop in workrate and quality compared to last season that back up my observations and opinion, so don't spew crap like praising Eastwoods workrate ffs. Obviously i don't have access to certain stats as that data is not made available and im sure you being the expert you are should know what stats im taking about. But im willing to bet there is no sort of improvement in that department.

Where is the clear drop, those stats look pretty even to me?

Jam

Scanlens Gum
Reaction score
Ok I rarely ever post on here despite being here since the early days (2007). I'm probably also older than most. I have seen matches most have read about only and seen up close Legends of our game spill blood.

The good times and bad but always support the Dogs ... grew up in Belmore and went to school in the area and played junior League with the club ...

So for me to say this means that I am taking what little time I have and now wasting it on an imbecile .. I am tired of the negativity of some on here and yes it's ok after a loss but some persist with it and seem to have personal agendas against players. Now that Josh Reynolds is playing well the ire seems to have transferred to Eastwood. The same person consistently bags our Captain - criticises Klem after a great game last week because he passed the ball.

Ok now that's my rant over ... I'll just watch from the stands and cheer on the dogs .. I certainly have lost faith in some of our fans over the years and I can add one extra to that list. .....

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Where is the clear drop, those stats look pretty even to me?
I think the drop he's referring to stems from the fact that he is playing more minutes than last year, but yielding the same stats.

Whether people are Eastwood fans, or not, there's no denying he isn't a back-rower.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think the drop he's referring to stems from the fact that he is playing more minutes than last year, but yielding the same stats.

Whether people are Eastwood fans, or not, there's no denying he isn't a back-rower.
They can't handle the facts. Eastwood is a shit edge forward and is a slightly better lock. Bloke is a prop forward and nothing more. Absolute waste of time playing him on the left edge, **** doesn't even want to run. Still laughing at his 4 runs for 33m against parra even though he handled the ball 15 times. Williams gets smashed for that but there is always an excuse for Eastwood.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Some people really need to grow up.

Everyone is entitled to an opinon WITHOUT being abused/called names/petty insults.

Whilst everyone else on the forum shouldn't miss out on discussing this topic (by it being closed), if you cannot discuss it without firing insults at others, I've got no issues at all stepping in and banning you from replying to this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.