Luke Keary

Status
Not open for further replies.

gee333

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I expect some wrath on this thread and apologies if this is already up elsewhere. If it's true he's heading out of souths we have to make a strong play for him. Old fashioned little half back who can push a team around the field... defence might need some work but I'd say his direction and attack would be worth it. Mbye to 6. Reynolds to permanent utility bench spot. Have your say.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be wrong but didn't we have a swing at him before he signed with Souths?

Yeh id take him. Corey Parker spoke about how halves are so important in game management... Spoke of Thurston, Cronk and smith in that nz test match and how they handled semi being sent off. I get the feeling both of our halves are currently incapable of doing that kinda thing... Can Keary do it? Not sure. But Foran definitely can..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Keary is rubbish. Same issue as our current halves (he needs guidance)... same with Brooks and Moses.

We need an established half to show our guys the way. Too many young halves, not enough halves mentors.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He's got more potential than Reynolds, IMO.

He has a better passing and kicking games, and seems to have some good vision at times when taking on the line.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keary is rubbish. Same issue as our current halves (he needs guidance)... same with Brooks and Moses.

We need an established half to show our guys the way. Too many young halves, not enough halves mentors.
Doesn't matter who our half is, our system doesn't allow them to play a halves game. Simple as that.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think the title of this thread was cut off short. The "is rubbish" is missing from the end.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another half back that was supposed to be the next big thing. I remember people arguing over what state he should play for in origin like he was destined to be there.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
No. He is rubbish.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rather Cronk above anything. Don't care about his age he still has another 2-3 years in him. But that ship has sailed looks like he is staying at storm

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ideally we need Cronk to do the same role Stuart did to Sherwin, Anasta and Hughes. Looks unlikely but you never do know :grinning:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He's uinhappy at the souths. I think he showed some good signs when he first came into grade.

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even if we sign JT or Cronk or Foran it won't make a difference because of our current playing style. I honestly dont think our current halves are playing that bad, it's just the way they being used that's letting us down.

Status
Not open for further replies.