Who still thinks we can win the comp this year?

Who still thinks we can win the comp this year?

• I do

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • I dont

Votes: 41 54.7%
  • Too early to tell

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Ozman

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
as the title says , at this point how confident are the fans of winning or not winning the comp this year.
More to the point - how confident is the team of winning?
That's the most important question; and they have answered it on the field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sharks have a very good chance today though, home ground and the broncos have played easy teams the past 3 weeks.
Yh i think the they will win, they play great footy.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
This is a good thread in one way because a. only 41 people have bothered to vote so it shows the interest level b. 56% of those who voted have abandoned all hope at round 9.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
The way we are playing we may fight for an 8th spot and get humiliated out of of the finals in the first game. Then Des can be happy he made the finals again to keep his personal record going. lol

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is a good thread in one way because a. only 41 people have bothered to vote so it shows the interest level b. 56% of those who voted have abandoned all hope at round 9.
No, I haven't abandoned hope only after 9 rounds. I can see that our team doesn't play any different to how it did 3 years ago. Do you think we'll come out one round and just start playing out of our skin and abandon the boring Des game plan?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

the point most people are forgetting is that the initial post of the thread is asking peoples opinion AT THIS POINT IN TIME.

so if we do change our playing style or Des changes his coaching technique, we might be contenders at the back end of the season.

but at this point in time and given Des's stubborn no change in technique for last 4 years, we can see where this year is heading.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has got to realise:

1) Williams has to go - no other way around this
2) Reynolds and Liccha are showing they are NSW cup material and nothing else. One is the slowest dummy half in the comp and the other a "5/8" who just got schooled in kicking in general play by a robust centre from the Eels
3) Williams has to go - no other way around this
4) we desperately need BMoz back. Hoppa (who can't play Sunday's anyway) as good as he's been was a real concern with his defense lst Friday. He looks injured, maybe these 3 weeks will do him good, a "blessing in diguise" - pun intended
5) Williams has to go.....
6) our forwards need to tuck the ball and the arm and run hard
7) Williams....

We stuffed up keeping Reynolds over Hodkinson. M'Bye is a keeper, but he's a 5/8 or fullback - that's all

I can't believe we let Finucane and Pritchard leave and kept that hack Williams, I just can not believe it

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
For the above commentors, Brisbane played during the day, This is a rarity these days, Dont win many during the sunlit hours. On topic though, we are no chance of winning comp playing the way we are at present.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
On current form we won't get close to the 8 let alone to the grand final.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the Sharks vs Broncos game.

1st half played under the sun= Sharks 28-6
2nd half played under the moon= Broncos 22-2

Broncos need the sun gone to play good lol.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the Sharks vs Broncos game.

1st half played under the sun= Sharks 28-6
2nd half played under the moon= Broncos 22-2

Broncos need the sun gone to play good lol.
Fair assessment. lol.

Even Corey Parker on radio this morning admitted they didn't play well in the first half, they were not comfortable and the second half was a better one for them. Or.......

maybe the Broncos are nocturnal, maybe Wayne Bennett is Dracula..........they don't seem to get many daytime games at all.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Ill just keep hoping what i thought would happen pre season happens and that is that our new halves combo will get better by the end of the season. If not we are stuffed, but too early to say they cant do it

Status
Not open for further replies.