Abbey On Road To Being A Smash Hit (RLW Article)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Great artical I'm very excited at watching him develop and emerge into our top grade side.. We def need a top fullback in the coming years

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
All this recruitment doom and gloom but we seem to be beating big clubs for young players.

Hopoate was 18 when he won a GF at manly albeit on the wing. Who knows?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Don't spose someone can paste the article in for me.....bloody work computer won't allow it lol

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i see what they did with the title.

i havent seen this guy play but im glad we're getting a future squad together that hopefully will dominate for many years to come i.e abbey, klemmer, jackson, mbye, rona, lane etc

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
i see what they did with the title.

i havent seen this guy play but im glad we're getting a future squad together that hopefully will dominate for many years to come i.e abbey, klemmer, jackson, mbye, rona, lane etc
Problem is we never seem to be able to keep them all
Soon as they begin to show something good
They move on
Feels like we have been rebuilding since 06

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm sure from memory "Tommy Turbo smoked him" in 1 under 20's game, therefore the kid is rubbish, according to some Kennel aficionado's :D

Very frustrating when people develop opinions after 1 game against a guy who looks more than likely to have a stellar first grade career ahead.

Give the kid a chance and make up our opinions afterward.

I wish him the best!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Problem is we never seem to be able to keep them all
Soon as they begin to show something good
They move on
Feels like we have been rebuilding since 06
well if we're to go by the article, he'll be haslers new favourite so we know he wont be let go. lmao.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a spine of abbey, mbye and lichaa has a lot of potential to develop into a good one if they live up to their hype, hopefully we can find a half that complements them because forwards will never be a problem at our club

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he has potential but he is so not ready next year,a year is nsw cup will toughen him up

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I still haven't seen him play but he sound like a superstar in the making.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Hope he sees first grade next year before long. Borris is brittle at fullback

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It looks like this young fella is going to be the real deal.

Two things have to happen to make it work:

1. We keepo him
2. Hasler doesn't kill off his attacking flair

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
play him at right wing to ease him into fg just like robinson did with rts and mini
he shits on perret at right wing imo

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
a spine of abbey, mbye and lichaa has a lot of potential to develop into a good one if they live up to their hype, hopefully we can find a half that complements them because forwards will never be a problem at our club
I actually would like it if we signed Mortimer. He's what's available and I have watched him play some good games so I think he has it in him to step up given a stable opportunity at the number 7 spot. He definitely plays with heart (we could use some) and gives 100%. Just my thought's though......

1. Abbey
2. Bmoz
3. Jmoz
4. Lafai (hopefully 2014 form)
5. Rona
6. Mbye
7. Mortimer

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm sure from memory "Tommy Turbo smoked him" in 1 under 20's game, therefore the kid is rubbish, according to some Kennel aficionado's :D

Very frustrating when people develop opinions after 1 game against a guy who looks more than likely to have a stellar first grade career ahead.

Give the kid a chance and make up our opinions afterward.

I wish him the best!
No .. Tommy turbo smoked him in 1 game YES.

But his defensive lapses make Sam Perrett look like the NRLs top defender. See, Abbey hasn't learned to tackle yet. Instead he literally just bumps into players trying to push them over.

Doe he score tries? YES
Does he let in a lot of tries ? HELL YES
Does he have hands that often let him down? YES

Everyones blowing their nuts over this bloke like he's the next RTS. Fact is IF he was the next RTS Warriors wouldn't have bought RTS.

He's Patrick Templeman Mk2, just without the ability to tackle.

Article is 95% fluff, with a quote from a "source" (aka some kid in RLW office made it up), finished off with a sprinkling of hope.

Storm were never after him. They had Munster and Slater.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh dear. If this was kid was any good he won't play first grade with us. He's too young.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The biggest obstacle this young guy will face is Des Hasler. He just wont promote anyone who shows promise unless there is no alternative.
Abbey has huge potential. He wont learn anything in the reggies. He needs to be put straight into FG, to play with competent players. He will be the FB for a long time.
Dont let his age fool anyone. Its just if your good enough, and I believe he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.