Round 23 - Dogs vs Titans - NRL/NSWRL/NYC Teams and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure that Cook will even get a call up if Lichaa is out. We turn to absolute mud when he's played firsts.

It's a shame because in the right environment he'd be quality.. It's just not here.

I'm calling this..

Lichaa ruled out. Josh Jackson moves to either 6 or 9 (Mbye moves to hooker in that case) and Lloyd comes onto the bench with Lane starting.

Textbook Des move.
He only played 2 first grade games for us last year and I think in one of those he only got about 10 minutes before Des took him off.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
This time it's different will beat the Titans we are more desperate

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have a NSW cup left side in Macdonald and Faifailoa.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely we will carry Cook for cover, i mean we could potentially have abother Ennis situation with Lichaa. Lose our Hooker and have no one with any NRL experience playing in the 9. Probs to late now i guess.
Would seem to be the sensible option and our coaching staff always choose the sensible option.......

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He only played 2 first grade games for us last year and I think in one of those he only got about 10 minutes before Des took him off.
Remember the ten minute game, had an absolute shocker... but if I remember right it was one of the games where T-Rex was 5/8.

Diesel

Waterboy
Reaction score
Well with the team selected we can only presume Lichaa is okay to play.

But... if Hasler is trying to play his pointless mind games, the NSW Cup game is on Saturday so I suppose Damien Cook could drop out of Saturday's game.

We've also got the extended bench so once again we wait until late mail time on Sunday to find out what's really happening.
It's not mind games. It's been mentioned by the players themselves that Hasler doesn't pick the team till later in the week.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think they have played twice there this year whereas we haven't played at Gosford yet in 2015

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of speed in the Titans team. If we let them get offloads all fkn day as is our usual effort they can make us pay. We need to focus. They've done us a few times of late.

Anyone noted the Progress of Pat O?

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Remember the ten minute game, had an absolute shocker... but if I remember right it was one of the games where T-Rex was 5/8.
wasn't it because ennis was awful at halfback not cook being bad?

i think when cook came on ennis went to halfback and was shit

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
danger game but also a must win for us, would love for once if we could just pump a shit team like all the other top teams do instead of playing to their level and winning/losing by a try or 2
Yeah, but you just know that's not gonna happen. We will prob best souffs by more the following week ha ha

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
wasn't it because ennis was awful at halfback not cook being bad?

i think when cook came on ennis went to halfback and was shit
Yep you are right had nothing to do with Cook it's just that trex is a ten times better halfback than ennis

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure that Cook will even get a call up if Lichaa is out. We turn to absolute mud when he's played firsts.

It's a shame because in the right environment he'd be quality.. It's just not here.

I'm calling this..

Lichaa ruled out. Josh Jackson moves to either 6 or 9 (Mbye moves to hooker in that case) and Lloyd comes onto the bench with Lane starting.

Textbook Des move.
Judging by the way he WALKED off the other day I think he will definitely play. Normally if they are gone for a few weeks they would be hoping off on one leg.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, Cookie would have seen shattered but I tell you what he is not one to dwell on those sorts of things. I remember talking to him after a NSW Cup game that we got beaten in and he was filthy with himself ( even though he was one of the very few players who actually put in in that game) and made the comment that he would make sure that he never had such a poor game again.

The players on the field that day for first grade and the fact that he came on late in the game did not help; the horse had already bolted. He did not have a superstar 10 minutes and maybe that is why he has not got another shot.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
if we dont beat the titans.. could say possibly our season is over.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Cookie would have seen shattered but I tell you what he is not one to dwell on those sorts of things. I remember talking to him after a NSW Cup game that we got beaten in and he was filthy with himself ( even though he was one of the very few players who actually put in in that game) and made the comment that he would make sure that he never had such a poor game again.

The players on the field that day for first grade and the fact that he came on late in the game did not help; the horse had already bolted. He did not have a superstar 10 minutes and maybe that is why he has not got another shot.
True, hard to judge on a ten minute stint with a discombobulated team.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seizer and Roberts can beat us alone if we let them fire plus elgey is not too bad on the fringe of the ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.